AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-25, 06:26   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Steins;Gate - Character Discussion - Amane Suzuha

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Amane Suzuha related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Steins;Gate fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-06-25, 13:25   Link #2
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Suzuha is my favorite gal in SG; I think it's a combination of Tamura Yukari's voice and those socks. Maybe because I'm a child of the late 70s/early 80s, but those socks turn me on.

I do wonder about the jersey she wears though. I am not a bicyclist, but isn't that thing hot? Especially in the middle of August and when not riding a bike?
Old 2011-06-28, 16:35   Link #3
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Suzahu is pretty badass, though I'm not sure if she's more badass than Moeka, who dodges a bullet at point blank range by tilting her head.

I do wonder at her real reason for traveling back in time and oh so conveniently getting a job right next to Okarin though. I'm not going to call her a liar, and in fact I think she's been the most refreshingly honest person in the entire show, but I very much doubt she traveled back in time simply to meet her father. That sounds rather frivolous.

The most obvious, yet satirical, answer is she's a Terminator send back to protect Okarin. It would explain why she gets the job where she did. That said, that analogy only really works if one of two things are true:

1) She wants to change the future. I'm not sure she does though, as she's been pretty restrained, especially concerning one subject we know she has strong feelings about: Kurisu.

2) More in line with Terminator, there are other time travelers who have been sent back to harm Okarin in some way. I'm not sure I've seen anything to indicate this.

Or, she really could be innocently sent back in time to see her father, but knew Okarin from the future so out of nostalgia took a job near him. Then, gets emotionally attached, despite her soldier training, and starts interfering when she shouldn't have, hence the blurting out that Kurisu is a spy (I'm pretty sure she isn't, but it's possible she becomes one at some point in Suzahu's past), and helping Okarin out in episode 13, after initially leaving them to their fate.

I guess time will tell.

Edit: I got the strong hint that there was someone else off-camera on the rooftop with Suzahu in episode one outside the "satellite" aka probably time machine, which if true, would mean she may have come back in time with someone else. I wonder who that person may be, and what they've been doing all this time.
Old 2011-06-29, 14:28   Link #4
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

This is how she rolls. Possible spoilers, so I'll tag it.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-29, 15:36   Link #5
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Where is that picture from? Is it fan made? Since I don't recall it was in the game.
Old 2011-06-29, 15:38   Link #6
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wait, it's not in the game? DAMN IT.
Old 2011-06-29, 15:42   Link #7
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I suppose it's fan-made since I don't remember seeing it myself. (Maybe it's in chapter 5, have to go back and check again but I'm quite positive it's fan-made)
Old 2011-06-29, 15:43   Link #8
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

It's got to be official art then, if not in-game.

It's from Steins;Gate Visual Works.
Old 2011-06-29, 15:51   Link #9
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The blood on the picture is making me think so too. Since they have Mr.Brown with an apron with "I LOVE CRT" next to him in it.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:35   Link #10
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Mr. Braun? Where?
Old 2011-07-14, 15:59   Link #11
ruurguy

Spoiler for Ep 14:

Last edited by ruurguy; 2011-07-18 at 12:21. Reason: Spoiler tag added just in case, although was posted after subs
Old 2011-07-15, 17:15   Link #12
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That should be in spoiler tags for those who haven't seen the latest ep imo!!
Old 2011-07-15, 23:48   Link #13
Hedd
Random Object

SO what are the bets on if she is Okabe and Kurisu's child? The option seemed to arise to be of Itaru's blood as well. I'd almost bet that she's already found her father and hasn't realized it yet (or has but hasn't given the answer to the audience yet).
Old 2011-07-16, 08:43   Link #14
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
SO what are the bets on if she is Okabe and Kurisu's child? The option seemed to arise to be of Itaru's blood as well. I'd almost bet that she's already found her father and hasn't realized it yet (or has but hasn't given the answer to the audience yet).
I don't think she's Okabe and Kurisu's daughter, unless she had some sort of massive surgery to change her appearance. I'm thinking with all of the hints they've dropped, it's more likely that Daru is her father and the most likely bet for being her mother is probably Feyris. Honestly, with how much they've foreshadowed Daru being Suzuha's father, I'd be shocked if it turned out he wasn't.
Old 2011-07-16, 10:32   Link #15
Marina2

Anyone here read STEINS;GATE - BOUKAN NO REBELLION manga? It's the manga focused on Suzuha's life in the future before she went back to the past.

NOTE: Suzuha's mother is shown in this manga so, it may be a spoiler for you.
Old 2011-07-19, 18:12   Link #16
velocity7

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-22, 19:43   Link #17
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

One thing I'm baffled about after watching episode 16: why did Suzuha dying of illness alter the timeline compared to when she committed suicide? Was there something she was able to do in the past at that point that we aren't aware of yet?
Old 2011-07-22, 21:48   Link #18
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, in the other episodes Mayushii keeps dying at the exact same time even when Sern isn't involved and some people have speculated that, if your time is up and you're meant to die, you die someway somehow each time which is what I thought happened in Suzuha's case. For some reason she was meant to die in 2000 so she'll probably die at that time in each timeline one way or another.
Old 2011-07-22, 22:04   Link #19
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

No, I get that. I'm just baffled as to why Suzuha dying of illness had an effect on the timeline compared to when she committed suicide, since it seems that in both timelines she never found the IBN computer.
Old 2011-07-22, 22:32   Link #20
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
No, I get that. I'm just baffled as to why Suzuha dying of illness had an effect on the timeline compared to when she committed suicide, since it seems that in both timelines she never found the IBN computer.
I'm fairly certain we don't know if she was successful or not at finding the IBN 5100 after Okabe sends his D-Mail. That said, the fact that she was so troubled over whether she'd changed the divergence meter's number or not would seem to indicate she was successful in spiriting away the IBN 5100 to the shrine (I think it's almost a certainty it was she who gave it to the shrine as described by the shrine keeper in one of the early episodes).
Closed Thread

Tags
characters