AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 08:23   Link #2881
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So two things, 1st I had the best game as Sejauni I've had probably ever just now:

And during it I managed to pick up a triple kill cleaning up a team fight(almost quadra, but darius few seconds too long before I killed him), and my only dead was because I was saving our Swain and Soraka at some point earlier. (I still think she needs buff though .)

And 2nd, I've finally gotten jungling as Diana down more, since I started trying early Cata/RoA on her for it and some tanky/AP items I've been doing pretty good, even in matches I haven't won. It seems work much better than the dorans or gp10 into death cap for jungling and ganking.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 08:56   Link #2882
Kreceir

you...You...Have wards?! Please marry me. ...orz *Cough* that aside.
I like to play as Senjuani I saved my team a few times Charging trough Anivia's wall Her Ulti is a really nice initiate for team fights or a great escape. I do agree that she needs a little buff, it feels so sad that she really is Underplayed while she is such a great champ.

So people actually play Diana Jungle? I'm seeing a lot of Mid Diana's lately that builds quite glass cannon.

How Adorable with her art rework.

Last edited by Kreceir; 2012-09-24 at 09:07.
Kreceir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 10:41   Link #2883
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So people actually play Diana Jungle? I'm seeing a lot of Mid Diana's lately that builds quite glass cannon.
Imo Diana is not a mid champion...her Q trajectory is very easy to read and equally hard to land - the only time you can really get one in is if you wait for the enemy champion to last-hit, but you should probably be focusing on your creeps instead. Additionally, while spellvamp works wonders on her, she has no sustain and a weak shield early-game, so she will lose the lane versus Gragas, Ahri, Karthus, etc.

As for me, classic losses at solo Q, kinda fun ARAMs though; did a 3v5 as Jarvan vs Ashe/Sivir/Fiora/Alistar/Soraka and we actually pushed them as far as the inhibitor turret, they were so happy to beat us eventually
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 22:27   Link #2884
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

One thing I realized at 1400+ elo... people are smart enough that they play like pussies if the enemy jungler is Xin. Since Xin is a snowball champ, if you can't snowball, you are less effective than most other junglers even if you keep parity farm. I can't tank anything even when building full tank with 9/21/0 masteries, and had my Xin win % from 80 to 50.

Luckily, my Taric/Skarner play is very strong at that elo. 5/6 (with that 1 loss when Malph going full derp) and 3/3 respectively. Which is a godsend, since I went to 1475, dipped to 1380 because I was playing on tilt, back up to 1470, down to 1400 because I underestimated Rengar, then finally 1500.

But yeah, Rengar needs a nerf bad. That instant cast W is just too stronk, allowing him to use double W on top of Q for some insane bursts. And I have no idea why people run Wriggles on this guy, since he clears jungle fine without it. All he needs is some lifesteal, which is easily solved by masteries + lifesteal runes. Allows you to rush hog into bonetooth necklace, allowing you to start accruing stacks earlier (which I like since I like the +25ms at 6).

For the record build Xin depending if you're the main initiator or not. If I am, I typically go with AS reds and AD quints, going boots start, HoG into frozen mallet/merc treads core. Usually rounding it up with randuin's/hexdrinker. If not, I typically go ArPen reds + AS quints, going again boots/hog but rice blade into frozen mallet mercs. Then Frozen Heart + ghostblade for max CDR, allowing you to stick on the enemy AD carry.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 11:13   Link #2885
Witch of Uncertainty

Lost 70 ELO today. Retarded people forcing me to go support only to lose their lanes. All 7 of the games.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 11:52   Link #2886
ZeroForever

just curious who's a good rengar counter in top lane?

I find he destroys most heroes with the jungle hopping burst as it's impossible to farm and not be in range of it and once he hits lvl 6 he's near impossible to successfully gank.
Jax is the closest to a solid 1v1 fight but it's still iffy and i can't stop his escape.
Old 2012-09-25, 12:06   Link #2887
Witch of Uncertainty

http://www.championselect.net/champ/Rengar

..But if you ask me, I think Rengar was overbuffed in the hotfix, I hope they adjust it in the next couple of patches. It's not gamebreaking, but I do find him a bit over the top.
Old 2012-09-25, 12:07   Link #2888
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I think maybe Jayce, since I've seen some solid play Jayce against Rengar top.
Old 2012-09-25, 12:14   Link #2889
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I recall smashing a Rengar with Irelia at one point...early game was against me but I farmed enough for a youmuu's ghostblade, so 1v1s were in my favour from that point on. Picked up an oracle's a bit later, used either transcendent blades or bladesurge to pick up kills. Anyway, maybe I just got lucky, so try Jayce or Pantheon if Irelia does not fit your style.
Old 2012-09-25, 23:27   Link #2890
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Lost 70 ELO today. Retarded people forcing me to go support only to lose their lanes. All 7 of the games.
Ranked is ridiculous....morde lost to diana mid....and then tank stayed behind carries and won't initiate when they are baroning....I'm just shocked....how did I just lost a game with malphite jungle and morgana mid....and a leona support
Old 2012-09-26, 03:10   Link #2891
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Ranked is ridiculous....morde lost to diana mid....and then tank stayed behind carries and won't initiate when they are baroning....I'm just shocked....how did I just lost a game with malphite jungle and morgana mid....and a leona support
I feel you, bro.
Old 2012-09-26, 05:23   Link #2892
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I always go do my cases tribunal for the day after getting derp/rude/bad team mates, it makes me feel better .

And I had riven today who skipped a team fight throwing the game because we weren't following their "orders"(which would have let the other team free baron...) and walked away and just watched them push with GA and full hp sigh...
MAL
Old 2012-09-26, 05:44   Link #2893
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
just curious who's a good rengar counter in top lane?
banning him during champ select

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 07:34   Link #2894
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I daresay there are many more important bans than Rengar at this moment, mainly champions with global ultimates.
Old 2012-09-26, 07:37   Link #2895
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Why would you win the game with Malphite/Morgana/Leona? Morde vs Diana is a skill match up too.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 07:51   Link #2896
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I daresay there are many more important bans than Rengar at this moment, mainly champions with global ultimates.
Eh only Shen of the global ult champs is ban worth, Soraka and Karthus have been nerfed to manageable levels, I go for Shen/Morgana/Alistar ban normally for top 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Why would you win the game with Malphite/Morgana/Leona? Morde vs Diana is a skill match up too.
Malphite and Morgana are both claimed "S tier" by some players, and plus Malphite ult > Morg ult > Leona ult is a long of chain AoE CC, and morde ults ADC during this for a near sure kill, and then fight is won pretty much.
MAL
Old 2012-09-26, 08:04   Link #2897
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Soraka and Karthus have been nerfed to manageable levels
True. Still, fed Karthus snowballs insanely fast, after which point your team is doomed - Karthus bombing is so effective that focusing him first may not be the best option for the team Soraka's still pretty good actually, her W is a good counter to jungler pincers, she can check somewhat with Q and E is good enough to harass on, say, Sona's level. Wish is more than enough to turn fights, especially if you've finished a locket and built some AP.
Old 2012-09-26, 09:46   Link #2898
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Eh only Shen of the global ult champs is ban worth, Soraka and Karthus have been nerfed to manageable levels, I go for Shen/Morgana/Alistar ban normally for top 3.
I'm not sure whether I agree or not. Sure, Karthus was nerfed, but his passive is incredibly OP, and he is a farming machine like no other. Of course, if you can shut him down, that's good and all, but even a mediocre Karthus is incredibly dangerous due to his passive in teamfights.
Old 2012-09-26, 10:03   Link #2899
orangejuicetang

if this is solo q, neither karthus or soraka are particularly ban worthy. Despite Soraka having a global ulti, she has extremely low kill potential, since picking her is basically saying 'i don't want to win lane, we're just going to farm and go for late game'. Karthus is actually still decently strong, but he's fallen in popularity since his early game isn't as great as some other champs, he's skillshot reliant for a decent portion of his damage, and he's somewhat mana hungry early, although his e does help him with this. Shen is often banned, but actually if you take a look at his win percentages, they're actually below 50%. The reason being well, quite a lot of people who pick him are 'omg op' and don't know how to play him, and him ulting from top early while it may pick up a kill, it will also put him quite behind if he doesn't get those kills. Or you could put him in jungle, but he's somewhat prone to getting counterjungled if the other team's jungler's good. Morgana's pretty strong, but in my opinion I don't think she's ban-worthy (and indeed, looking at the statistics, she's fallen in ban priority overall). Alister is an extremely popular ban, and in good hands he can be a true jungle terror or support terror. Although, interestingly enough, he also has under a 50% win rate, mostly because people who pick him are often the ones who go 'omg op' and have no idea, and he's reliant on ganking, meaning if the other team plays safely early and helps their jungler counterjungle, you're going to be seeing a lvl 6 enemy jungler while your ali jungle's still only lvls 3-4.

Here's a look at the popular bans in NA this week http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...s&range=weekly

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 17:36   Link #2900
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I'm not sure whether I agree or not. Sure, Karthus was nerfed, but his passive is incredibly OP, and he is a farming machine like no other. Of course, if you can shut him down, that's good and all, but even a mediocre Karthus is incredibly dangerous due to his passive in teamfights.
Well thus far my win rate vs Karthus as AP Lulu is extremely high... she can shut him down hard with her early lane bullying power, and her w means she can break his ult channel as well. Making his team fight presence much weaker.

And on Morgana people thought she wasn't OP still cause of the nerfs... but if you watched the NA regional, then you'd see otherwise she was picked and banned a lot, and deciding factor in a lot matches, her ult just has WAY too much AP scaling for hitting up to 5 people.

And good to see Rengar is getting nerfed, but not as extreme as the PBE changes were, and that Syndra is getting needed buffs.
MAL

Tags
league of legends, lol