Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-08, 03:56   Link #19341
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
A though I had after rereading the chapter when Gyokuro came up. What if her hateing Akasha and Moka was a ploy to get Moka out of the house with out rouseing suspision. Akasha was working on getting Moka out of the house even before Gyokuro was brought up by Issa who is the one who thought they hated each other which seems to have been his motivation to contact the family that took custody of Moka.
So you're suggesting that Akasha and Gyokuro were actually friends and their dislike for each other was actually an act for the sake of protecting Moka? Well, I don't see Akasha not doing this sort of thing for the sake of her daughter as well, so it may be possible. Akasha did want Moka to leave to keep her away from Alucard, and feigning a rocky relationship between the wife and the mistress would be a good way to avoid suspicion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I don't think he's going to delve into the 'how' and the 'why' Akasha's last name is 'Bloodriver' in-verse. From a viewers' standpoint - it's an obvious homage to Anne Rice's 'Akasha' - but a homage in name only. Unless Akasha was prone to bloodlust frenzies back in Europe, (where I assume she originated from, considering that Moka is billingual in Japanese and English) 'Bloodriver' could very well be a sort of title from the family/clan she originated through. However, this brings up a glaring fact that we haven't heard of any extended family such as Akasha's or Issa's siblings, if they had any. I can see Issa having no male siblings (any more at least): two brothers engage in a fight to the death to decide position of the head of the family - it sounds pretty plausible.
I doubt that additional family members would really add too much to the plot at this stage, especially since the main characters are already established and I don't see any need to bring in additional characters at this stage as we're approaching the climax of the story and we've already gotten plenty of backstory as well, so I doubt we'll see any in flashbacks either. It's irrelevant to bring them in just to explain the names issue.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 04:00   Link #19342
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

This thread needs some fanservice.

Old 2011-03-08, 04:21   Link #19343
Chris38

Do you guys seriously think that the manga is ending, since in my opinion there is still some things left unresolved, like the current situation within the Shuzen family, the two fractions of the Fairy Tale organization - although one of them is probably going to be eliminated at the end of the Rescue Moka arc, it doesn't mean that Hokuto's and Kiria's first subdivision is going to suffer from a similar fate, especially since I believe that Hokuto and Kiria are a lot more dangerous then Akua is...

Not to mention this whole business with the eggs planted in different places around the world, Jack Frosts prophecy about Tsukune and Moka, and finally the whole business related with Alucard...

So, I believe there is still a lot of things that have been left unresolved, and can keep this manga going for some time.... not to mention that if the things mentioned above weren't enough Ikeda can always introduce some new developments into the story... which, means that in my opinion, it's still going to take some time, before this manga is going to end.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 04:46   Link #19344
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

When I mentioned climax of the story, I was mostly referring to this arc rather than the entire series in general. We're reaching a point in the story where introducing new characters or new plot elements wouldn't be neccessary. There will undoubtedly be more elements introduced to us after Tsukune rescues Moka however as there's a lot of other things that could still be brushed on. However, I find it hard to consider under what context characters like siblings of Issa's or Akasha's could be introduced.
Old 2011-03-08, 04:52   Link #19345
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Am I the only one to find Gin's constant advances on Kurumu annoying?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 05:09   Link #19346
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
When I mentioned climax of the story, I was mostly referring to this arc rather than the entire series in general. We're reaching a point in the story where introducing new characters or new plot elements wouldn't be neccessary. There will undoubtedly be more elements introduced to us after Tsukune rescues Moka however as there's a lot of other things that could still be brushed on. However, I find it hard to consider under what context characters like siblings of Issa's or Akasha's could be introduced.
That's true, I also agree that it's hard to think why Ikeda would need to introduce character's like Issa's or Akasha's siblings, especially since the R+V story isin't about Issa and Akasha but rather Moka and Tsukune and their developing relationship with each other, since despite the rest of the girls being pretty interesting character's, which I hope are going to have some kind of happy ending as well, I believe that the harem context of the R+V has been mostly started to prevent Tsukune and Moka from becoming a couple too soon, and give the plot of the story a chance to develop , since without the addition of the other girls and the creation of Tsukune's harem, I don't think that Ikeda would be capable of keeping this series running for such a long time, and even if he did I doubt it would be as interesting as it currently is.
Old 2011-03-08, 05:30   Link #19347
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

^Indeed. If there was no harem, the story would've been akin to a Shoujo. R+V strongest point is the abundance of the characters as well as their richness. If it was only Moka and Tsukune, the story wouldn't have been half as good. The harem also served as a method to show how strong Moka's and Tsukune's relationship is. On top of being wonderful characters, the girls also served as a form of temptation for Tsukune, but despite all of these temptations, Tsukune still loved Moka deeply and stuck to her all the way through.

Last edited by Tsuyoshi; 2011-03-08 at 06:40.
Old 2011-03-08, 06:16   Link #19348
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
The harem also served as a method to show how strong Moka's and Tsukune's relationship is. On top of being wonderful characters, the girls also served as a form of temptation for Tsukune, but despite all of these temptations, Tsukune still loved Moke deeply and stuck to her all the way through.
Which means Tsukune is definitely 100% Akasha approved material as Moka's destined one.

But without Moka around, Tsukune will have to deal with his current transformation on his own, poor Tsukune.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-03-08 at 06:58.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 07:12   Link #19349
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post

But without Moka around, Tsukune will have to deal with his current transformation on his own, poor Tsukune.
Spoiler for Tsukune:

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-03-08 at 07:26.
Old 2011-03-08, 10:10   Link #19350
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Am I the only one to find Gin's constant advances on Kurumu annoying?
No I do too. He should stick with Sun.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 11:59   Link #19351
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Spoiler for Tsukune:
Spoiler for 40:
Old 2011-03-08, 12:06   Link #19352
Johnny
Working the bags...

I hope not, one person with two separate entities is enough. I'd say if Tsukune needed anything he would just repair the holy lock, since it probably still has some value to it and hard to replace...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 12:42   Link #19353
Chris38

Quote:
Spoiler for 40:
Spoiler for 40:

@Johnny

Spoiler for Seal:

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-03-08 at 12:56.
Old 2011-03-08, 15:40   Link #19354
Tachibana
タチバナ

Spoiler for About A Seal?:
Old 2011-03-08, 15:55   Link #19355
Chris38

Quote:
Spoiler for About A Seal?:
Spoiler for Tsukune's seal:
Old 2011-03-09, 03:51   Link #19356
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Spoiler for Tsukune's seal:
Spoiler for Seal:
Old 2011-03-09, 04:32   Link #19357
Used Can

After so many power-ups trying to protect his friends and especially Moka, it'd be a poetic irony if Tsukune ends up becoming the main antagonist.
Old 2011-03-09, 05:22   Link #19358
Chris38

Quote:
Spoiler for Seal:
Spoiler for Seal:

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-03-09 at 05:38.
Old 2011-03-09, 05:37   Link #19359
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Spoiler for The seal and the ritual:
Spoiler for Seal:
Old 2011-03-09, 05:57   Link #19360
Chris38

Quote:
Spoiler for Seal:
Spoiler for Seal:

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-03-09 at 07:46.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire