AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-03-15, 11:57   Link #361
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I'd really like it if they kept the little comic book-style words on the screen when tanks move or weapons fire like "ratta-ratta," "buda-buda," etc. I just wonder if it might end up being a little cheesy in an anime... though the game has an anime feel to it with such good graphics even in-game.
That i'd like to see though i don't know how well it would be pulled of to not stand out. In the game it fits perfectly with the comic-book looking style, where the anime won't be just like that. It'll be interesting to see if they keep it or not anyway, though i'm looking at not.
Old 2009-03-15, 11:59   Link #362
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

While it'd be funny, it would also look rather... awkward to see those words in the anime. They work in the game because you're the one behind the wheels or guns, but seeing several characters across the screen firing... wouldn't really work. You'll note that even in the game those words only appear when actually in combat, but are completely absent in the cutscenes.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 12:03   Link #363
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You'll note that even in the game those words only appear when actually in combat, but are completely absent in the cutscenes.
Yeah, another reason why i don't think they should be added to this adaptation.

What i'm sure most of we game players are hoping to see is plenty of interaction from Squad 7. I'm hoping they plan to have this series as 26 episodes so they can play around with the supporting cast some. Plenty of material for it.

Edy scenes pleeeeease.
Old 2009-03-15, 13:47   Link #364
Runty

I hear you on the Edy scenes, but what I REALLY want to see is Marina Wulfstan kicking ASS! She was always my favorite non-main character in the game, because she's just so damn powerful. Best sniper, bar none.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 14:44   Link #365
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Why no one like Fressia.

I think Edy is an okay recruit, but... I don't really get why she's so popular.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 15:20   Link #366
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Why no one like Fressia.

I like Freesia. On the rare cases where I use a scout other than Alicia, she's the one that I use.

Don't know if she'd be as hot without her dub's voice's way of speaking, though. (Susie's actually the hottest scout, but her last personal potential makes her useless; Freesia's up there, though)

And Edy is popular because she's moe.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 21:00   Link #367
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Why no one like Fressia.

Hot Twin-Tailed Tsundere ~nuff said
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 21:48   Link #368
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Hot Twin-Tailed Tsundere ~nuff said
Hmm not my style...

My favourite female characters from the game are Aika and Audrey. So if they're in the anime I'll be happy.

A lot. =D

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 23:34   Link #369
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

yohoho gotta love a lass that can shoot to kill

Old 2009-03-16, 01:08   Link #370
Chrono Helix

Reminds me of how I showed a friend the game and he said 'I've never seen so much... cuteness on a battlefield.'
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 03:24   Link #371
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

That's got to be some of the best fan art I've seen.

You should post that in the Social Group gallery, Bonta.

Old 2009-03-16, 08:40   Link #372
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
I like Freesia. On the rare cases where I use a scout other than Alicia, she's the one that I use.

Don't know if she'd be as hot without her dub's voice's way of speaking, though. (Susie's actually the hottest scout, but her last personal potential makes her useless; Freesia's up there, though)

And Edy is popular because she's moe.
I use Alicia because she's a Leader and has better stats naturally, but I think Freesia is the second best scout so I use her a lot and have grown quite attached to her. She has the 3rd best evade in the game which comes in very handy.

The reason you list for Susie is the same reason I list for Edy. I think her Panicky potential makes her fairly useless as a Shocktrooper. I stopped using her as soon as I unlocked her final potential.

I mean, I can see just by looks why she'd be popular but not as a game character.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 09:47   Link #373
sb075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I hear you on the Edy scenes, but what I REALLY want to see is Marina Wulfstan kicking ASS! She was always my favorite non-main character in the game, because she's just so damn powerful. Best sniper, bar none.
I forgot to write but Marina and Susie appear definitely. According to the interview, Marina doesn't wear a skirt but shorts and Susie appears as a member of vigilante.
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 09:51   Link #374
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Alicia + Caution + Defense = best runner in the game. Her potentials allows her to heal damage -and procs pretty darn often- and you get the chance to regain all your energy.

Stats and the obvious 'I want to see Edy' love aside though, there are three people I would really love to see. First is Catherine O'Hara. I don't know why, but something about her mother-henish personality strikes a good chord with me. Second is the medic. Strange request, I know, but I love her. <3

Third? Third is Cherry. I'm a big fan of her dub voice, purely because there is no thing better then to see a blonde ditz wielding a gun and winning.

"Like, dodging's unfair okay?" BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 15:11   Link #375
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Third? Third is Cherry. I'm a big fan of her dub voice, purely because there is no thing better then to see a blonde ditz wielding a gun and winning.

Yeah Cherry's great.

"I'm sooo gonna shoot!"

When she joins Squad 7 you couldn't ask for a better introduction of what's going to come.

"I'm Cherry Stijnen, like, with a 'j'. It's silent...But, um...I'm not!"

Old 2009-03-16, 18:13   Link #376
Oppius
Banned

How's the animation quality? Since I never played it game before and I hope its production quality will be good despite some flaws that I already seen before.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 20:40   Link #377
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Nothing to do with the anime, but I'm excited that the downloadable content has been officially announced now.

I didn't realize that one of the DLC missions had Edy as a title character!
Old 2009-03-16, 20:51   Link #378
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
How's the animation quality? Since I never played it game before and I hope its production quality will be good despite some flaws that I already seen before.
They've kept the pastel look from the game which is a great thing. Animation quality looks like it'll do the job. I'll say more on that after i've seen the first episode for myself.

& yes heard about the DLC information. A huge yay for the Edy mission.
Old 2009-03-16, 21:49   Link #379
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Nothing to do with the anime, but I'm excited that the downloadable content has been officially announced now.

Been waiting for the DLC to come out for a long time. And now they officially announce that the DLC is coming out.. later. It's such a tease, but I definitely will be getting it when it comes out.

Edy's mission would make an interesting OVA. I'm just leaving that out there.
Old 2009-03-17, 04:06   Link #380
Bloodseeker

Quote:
I use Alicia because she's a Leader and has better stats naturally, but I think Freesia is the second best scout so I use her a lot and have grown quite attached to her. She has the 3rd best evade in the game which comes in very handy.

The reason you list for Susie is the same reason I list for Edy. I think her Panicky potential makes her fairly useless as a Shocktrooper. I stopped using her as soon as I unlocked her final potential.

I mean, I can see just by looks why she'd be popular but not as a game character.
She's still on my team. She does fairly well. I used her to kill the last boss.

Panicky actually doesn't make that big of a difference, nor does Rosie-hater. She's just a slightly below average shocktrooper, gameplay-wise. There's no good reason to use her unless she's one of your favorites, but if you really want to, you can keep her without having to worry about her potentials making her useless.

Quote:
Alicia + Caution + Defense = best runner in the game. Her potentials allows her to heal damage -and procs pretty darn often- and you get the chance to regain all your energy.

Stats and the obvious 'I want to see Edy' love aside though, there are three people I would really love to see. First is Catherine O'Hara. I don't know why, but something about her mother-henish personality strikes a good chord with me. Second is the medic. Strange request, I know, but I love her. <3

"You're like 'I'll shoot!' and I'm like 'WHAT-EVAR'!"

And don't forget about double movement for Alicia. You can win some battles that should take you at least 2-3 turns to win due to the distance of the target in a single turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post

I was kinda worried that they might not release it, since they were unsure if they were going to release it at first (back when they first said that DLC was coming, they only mentioned hard mode and the Selvaria DLC) and Edy doesn't seem to be an overwhelming fan favorite over here.

I'm glad that they did, since I'm looking forward to it more than the Selvaria DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
Been waiting for the DLC to come out for a long time. And now they officially announce that the DLC is coming out.. later. It's such a tease, but I definitely will be getting it when it comes out.

Edy's mission would make an interesting OVA. I'm just leaving that out there.
Given that the anime is going to be 26 episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if they dedicated an episode or two to Edy. And if they dedicate episodes to Edy, then the Edy DLC will probably be covered.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega