AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-10, 15:58   Link #1
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Mirai Keisatsu Urashiman (Future Police Urashiman)

With the relatively lackluster season as of this writing (Fall 2007), I took a chance on Mirai Keisatsu Urashiman of which I saw numerous torrent listings thereof, and I was pleasantly surprised. Anyone else watchng [a-classic]'s release of this show? It's really good! A clever mix of 1980's "retro" science fiction with crazy comedy - episode four in particular was pretty "lolworthy", and episode three rather Gar!

Short summary, I guess - in the early 1980's, during a large typhoon that hits Tokyo, an "accused criminal" is on a high-speed chase with the police. He drives off the road and gets sucked in a "time-slip", which takes him sixty seven years into the future. There, two parties, the "Neo Tokyo Police Force" and "Necrime", the latter of which is a notorious international crime syndicate dedicated to espionage, infiltration, burglary, and what not, try to capture him because they believe the "time-slip" gave him super-powers. At the end of the day (in a twist of irony given his initial predicament), he ends up with the cops in a special, elite division known as the "Mech Police" to protect Neo-Tokyo from Necrime and assorted other threats.

I'm currently up to episode nineteen and love this show - next to Kaiji, it's my "go-to" series this season despite being nearly twenty eight years old.

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2007-11-10 at 20:09. Reason: eighty -> sixty seven
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 02:27   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I have not watched Urashiman in over 20 years, yet I can sing the theme song Midnight Submarine off the top of my head.
And the psychedelic Neo Tokyo ending was just as memorable.
That's how much I enjoyed the show as a kid.
Heck, I'd say it's one of the top 10 most memorable TV series of the 80s.
Old 2009-02-26, 05:02   Link #3
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Whee, necroposting is fun!

For everybody who's been neglecting to download this amazing series (and that's virtually everybody here), the final episode is coming out tonight. You no longer have any excuses about wondering if we'll finish or whether or not it'll hold up, so let's answer the questions now:

1. Yes, we're finishing the subs. In fact, the last episode is already encoded and ready to go.

2. Hell yes the quality holds up. Future Police Urashiman manages to remain smart, funny, and amazingly well animated for its entire 50 episode run. The phrase "They don't make 'em like this anymore" absolutely holds up here - a modern remake may be more in line with current character designs, but it's all but guaranteed that the actual animation would be of a significantly lower quality.

In short? Get off your bums, put your anime age-ism aside, and DOWNLOAD THIS SHOW.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 13:14   Link #4
Liriss
Disabled By Request

Oh guys, I need help! I can't found this anime to download (torrent is better). I'm from Russia, so, I don't found it in russian language, but seems like you all have this anime with eng subs... I want it so! Help me
Liriss is offline   Reply With Quote