AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-31, 19:55   Link #2261
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Spoiler for spoiler from my understanding of the manga:
I would imagine that the voice originated in Lucy because of the hell she went through growing up and that the vector virus diclonius hear it because they originated from Lucy. It is likely that other true diclonius, raised in a family, would not have that voice. And, since Kakuzawa said at the end that he doesn't need Lucy, it is likely that he knows of other true diclonius, just as he always knew about Lucy. To accomplish his objective killing off the normal humans and replacing them with diclonius he needs a breeding population of true diclonius. Replacing the normal humans with vector virus diclonius would be pointless since they are sterile and it would be gone after one generation.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 01:56   Link #2262
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I would imagine that the voice originated in Lucy because of the hell she went through growing up and that the vector virus diclonius hear it because they originated from Lucy. It is likely that other true diclonius, raised in a family, would not have that voice. And, since Kakuzawa said at the end that he doesn't need Lucy, it is likely that he knows of other true diclonius, just as he always knew about Lucy. To accomplish his objective killing off the normal humans and replacing them with diclonius he needs a breeding population of true diclonius. Replacing the normal humans with vector virus diclonius would be pointless since they are sterile and it would be gone after one generation.
I see. So in order to wipe out the human population, true diclonius existence is a must, is it? And like what Reno had stated, is it true that Lucy held her vectors off and chose not to deflect the bullets? One more thing, are you saying that the true diclonius would not have that inner voice inside of them and only the vector virus diclonius have the inner voice? That's kind of odd,isn't it?
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 02:01   Link #2263
bongky

Dear Reno,

Once again I would like to thank you for answering my questions. About the fourth question, I was asking why did Lucy told Bandou he would never meet her again? Is it because Bandou will die soon or is there any other factors? Secondly, I would like ask the diclonius emotion will not change even if they kill off human beings? In that case, then why did Lucy somehow came to fear when she thought of killing again when Kouta took her to the zoo? And what do you mean when you said Lucy was holding her vector's off? I mean the horn could have fallen off in coincidence,right? Man, I can't bear the thought of Lucy death.
Old 2008-02-01, 07:59   Link #2264
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Gawwd look. Lucy went to the bridge to die. Why, someone's already explained (although I can't find the page it's on). Her horns falling off by coincedence? That's horrible... and stupid. No, I stand by what I said it being symbolic.

Hmm at the zoo.... maybe her conscience were just getting to her. Because she feels bad now she loves someone. Orr maybe she worried about it every night but we didn't see.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 16:00   Link #2265
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
I see. So in order to wipe out the human population, true diclonius existence is a must, is it? And like what Reno had stated, is it true that Lucy held her vectors off and chose not to deflect the bullets? One more thing, are you saying that the true diclonius would not have that inner voice inside of them and only the vector virus diclonius have the inner voice? That's kind of odd,isn't it?
I didn't say anything about needing true diclonius to wipe out the human race. I said it would be pointless to replace the normal humans with vector virus diclonius since they would all die after one generation, and Kakuzawa's objective is to have the diclonius replace normal humans, not just kill off the normal humans. And, since Lucy's voice telling her to kill was actually
Spoiler for manga:
I think it likely that all of the vector virus diclonius were hearing the same voice through some type of telepathic link since they all originated from Lucy. Other true diclonius, while probably related to Lucy, would not have originated from her so they would would probably not share that link.
Spoiler for manga:

In the anime it appeared that Lucy raised her vectors so they could shoot her. Most of the Mariko arc happened quite differently from the manga with most of the scenes being very different or, like that one, not happening at all in the manga.

On what happened at the zoo, it appeared to me that she became frightened that the thought of killing more people didn't bother her anymore, that she might really be becoming a monster. That is why she had Kouta promise to kill her if she killed a lot of people.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by PastPrime; 2008-02-01 at 16:14.
Old 2008-02-01, 16:53   Link #2266
Reno

Quote:
I didn't say anything about needing true diclonius to wipe out the human race. I said it would be pointless to replace the normal humans with vector virus diclonius since they would all die after one generation, and Kakuzawa's objective is to have the diclonius replace normal humans, not just kill off the normal humans. And, since Lucy's voice telling her to kill was actually
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-02-01, 17:14   Link #2267
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Yes. And
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-02-01, 22:31   Link #2268
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Are you sure she let those bullets hit her? In the final episode, I thought Lucy might have release them to counter those bullets. I think maybe Lucy was recaptured and the one who appeared at Kouta's house might be the female scientist just like in the manga....This is just my hypothesis...

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 22:35   Link #2269
bongky

Dear PastPrime

Whoa! That's amazing. So you are saying there is other true diclonius out there? Besides that, what could the third personality possibly do with the remaining of Lucy's body??!! And may I know what do you mean when you said vector virus diclonius will die after one generation? There are able to transplant the vector virus, right? But still I can't accept the concept that Lucy surrender herself to death. I just can't bear with that thought. I think I am gonna cry already
Old 2008-02-01, 22:57   Link #2270
PastPrime

Quote:
Whoa! That's amazing. So you are saying there is other true diclonius out there? Besides that, what could the third personality possibly do with the remaining of Lucy's body??!! And may I know what do you mean when you said vector virus diclonius will die after one generation? There are able to transplant the vector virus, right? But still I can't accept the concept that Lucy surrender herself to death. I just can't bear with that thought. I think I am gonna cry already
Spoiler for manga and possibly NSW:
Old 2008-02-02, 08:07   Link #2271
Fate lover

In the manga, why does the female scientist wanted to found out Kouta's place so badly. Sorry, I've just read up to chapter 81. Is the female scientist still working with the director general after that episode?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-02, 08:30   Link #2272
bongky

Quote:
Spoiler for manga and possibly NSW:
Wah...But I still don't get it. Why did Lucy have a third personality in the first place? Is the third personality somehow resembles their DNA or anything? And how did Nyuu came about? The body was Lucy's right? Now come to think of it, I suddenly felt as though I have a grudge for Kouta. He made Lucy sad and even rejected her when he knew Lucy was the one who killed his family. It seems he doesn't know that he played a very important role in Lucy's life How could he do this. And what do you mean when you say her vectors reach to outer space?? I thought Lucy vector can only reach up to 2 meter in length. And one more thing, are you happen to be saying that Lucy used the remaining of her flesh to cover up Kouta's wound?

Oh my goodness! I never thougt Lucy would have gone through so much just for Kouta. In the anime I felt pity more for Lucy than for Kouta. Kouta shouldn't have lied to Lucy about Yuka. His action was quite foolish and it somehow made Lucy felt sad. Damn that Kouta By the way, one thing is still bothering me. Which one does Kouta liked more? Lucy or Yuka? Thanks for all the marvelous answers You are so cool!
Old 2008-02-02, 11:39   Link #2273
Reno

Quote:
Wah...But I still don't get it. Why did Lucy have a third personality in the first place? Is the third personality somehow resembles their DNA or anything? And how did Nyuu came about? The body was Lucy's right? Now come to think of it, I suddenly felt as though I have a grudge for Kouta. He made Lucy sad and even rejected her when he knew Lucy was the one who killed his family.
When did he reject her....?
Old 2008-02-02, 18:04   Link #2274
PastPrime

Quote:
Wah...But I still don't get it. Why did Lucy have a third personality in the first place? Is the third personality somehow resembles their DNA or anything?
Sice she didn't hear the voice until after she killed the bullies, I think trauma of having her puppy killed and then her killing the bullies added to the abuse she experienced growing up caused her to develop a second personality that stayed in the background and told her to kill.
Quote:
And how did Nyuu came about? The body was Lucy's right?
When Lucy was shot it caused amnesia. Nyu started with no memories. She is who Lucy would have been if she had grown up with a family and friends like Kouta and Yuka. By the time Lucy could come back she had also developed into a seperate personality. Although it was more like three people sharing one body.
Quote:
Now come to think of it, I suddenly felt as though I have a grudge for Kouta. He made Lucy sad and even rejected her when he knew Lucy was the one who killed his family. It seems he doesn't know that he played a very important role in Lucy's life How could he do this.
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
And what do you mean when you say her vectors reach to outer space?? I thought Lucy vector can only reach up to 2 meter in length.
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
And one more thing, are you happen to be saying that Lucy used the remaining of her flesh to cover up Kouta's wound?
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
By the way, one thing is still bothering me. Which one does Kouta liked more? Lucy or Yuka?
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-02-02, 23:13   Link #2275
bongky

Dear PastPrime

Did I say you were good? I mean you are seriously good. You are goddamn awesome!! So are you saying that the third personality appear because of the excessive abuse which Lucy had experienced? And to begin with there weren't even a Nyu? So it was the gunshot that started everything, is it? But that's weird. Didn't Kurama shot himself after his beloved daughter, Mariko died? I can't believe the love Lucy had for Kouta was so strong until she was willing to sacrifice herself. It's so unbelievable. So in short, Kouta would have ended up with Lucy if she did not die,is it? Cool dude, I support with your last point of view in trading a wife for a pair of twins. But still I find it quite sad since Kouta weren't able to be with Lucy. It's as though fate have put them together.

And one last thing. My compliment to you. You are indeed the coolest dude I've met until now. You surely rockz. Thanks a million dude. And one more thing, why did the third personality appeared in Nyu's mind when Nyu tried to run away after hearing that Nana would try to kill her?
Old 2008-02-02, 23:14   Link #2276
Fate lover

Dear Past Prime, I thought Kurama suicided when Mariko died, then how can he shoot Kouta in the end? Kouta was shot twice in the body yet he is still alive??!! How can Lucy fix the flesh on his wound when she don't have a needle or something?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-03, 18:50   Link #2277
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
Dear Past Prime, I thought Kurama suicided when Mariko died, then how can he shoot Kouta in the end? Kouta was shot twice in the body yet he is still alive??!! How can Lucy fix the flesh on his wound when she don't have a needle or something?
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-02-03, 21:22   Link #2278
Fate lover

Thanks PastPrime....one more thing, why is the female scientist so concerned on where Kouta is living? Does she still work with Kakuzawa? Who killed Kakuzawa in the end?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-04, 10:48   Link #2279
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
Thanks PastPrime....one more thing, why is the female scientist so concerned on where Kouta is living? Does she still work with Kakuzawa? Who killed Kakuzawa in the end?
I am depending on my memories of the chapter summaries that used to be posted in the Manga Thread to answer questions, and while I remember that the female scientist was interested in Kouta, I don't remember the reason. As for Kakuzawa
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-02-04, 20:24   Link #2280
Fate lover

So....After Lucy died, there were no more diclonius? Then how can Lucy be reborn as diclonius twins unless the mother still have the vector virus. That way, they aged at twice the speed and cannot reproduce too?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen