AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-08-24, 15:24   Link #201
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Ok I am confused after watching this Anime series.

Does Kanna actually get saved or what?

I know that Kanna recieved the happy memories from the girls yukito helped reach their goals, but I am still confused on if Kanna is ever saved.

Thanks for reading, Jamezterr.
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 16:07   Link #202
genesis78
shadow lurker

Send a message via AIM to genesis78
i recently just finished the series too.
and after thinking about it and going through 2 threads on the subject this is what i got, though this is just my interpretaion with other mixed in.
[spoiler] kanna is saved and the two kids at the end of 12 are kanna/misuzu and yukito/ryuuya. from what the boy says at the end of ep 12 it implies that he knows whats going to happen to misuzu and yukito which means either he can see into the future O_o.... or he is ryuuya/yukito reincarnate with some memories of what happened. and the whole reincarnate while theyre still alive thing is better explained in the ending of air thread so i wont try to do it here. but its thought that either the crow found away to break the curse or the fact that misuzu died with all those happy memeories and that the happy memories of those other girls (kano etc.) went to kanna and broke the curse.... this thread explains it much better if you read through it. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=35547
genesis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 07:13   Link #203
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Just recently finished it as well, confusing, though I understand it a little more after reading this thread.

I suppose we may never know what actually happened...

Also, I have the movie but it's missing audio most of it is OK like the background music, but almost all of the dialoge is missing, it's weird.

I never got to see the sumer specials thanks to this licensing thing, I'll get them when they come out I suppose. Does anyone know if Subbed versions will be available, or will it be dubbs....
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 07:16   Link #204
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

I am actually guessing the episodes will be dubbed. But my experience with licensed anime is that you can chuck on the Japanese audio with English subtitles if you want. As if you would unless the dubbing really, really sucked.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 07:18   Link #205
kevin13
Disabled By Request

I not a huge fan of dubs, no matter how good...

You know, you look at it and expect japenese to come out.

And I don't mind subtitles at all, heck I put them on if I can when watching english stuff.
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 19:03   Link #206
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickal555 View Post
Also, I have the movie but it's missing audio most of it is OK like the background music, but almost all of the dialoge is missing, it's weird.
The movie is in 5.1 audio (even the AVI version), it sounds like your sound mixing is wrong, possibly the centre channel is being lost and only the L/R difference is coming out, that would certainly lose most of the dialogue (it's a well-known way of creating karaoke mixes from normal music tracks for instance). Or maybe you don't have the right directshow filters to decode 5.1 properly.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 18:17   Link #207
CCYoshi

Heyo, been looking for the AIR Volume 1 DVD in local stores recently and haven't been able to find it. Usually stores like Best Buy or Fry's Electronics, even f.y.e. (where I found Haruhi V1 for less than $10!) are pretty good in stocking anime but neither of them seems to have AIR right now (or if they ever did?).

I could order it online but I'd rather go to a store and purchase it (unless it's really cheap somewhere online like at Right Stuf or something), so if anyone knows of some stores that stock a lot of anime (maybe if anyone knows local ones in the Bay Area), that'd be great. Thanks!

CCYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 07:44   Link #208
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Just found out that Air TV is out as R1 which I ordered posthaste and in celebration I watch the series again. I was amazed that after watching it nearly 30 times now I still need to drink a lot of water or risk dehydration from blubbing so much.

I want to also buy the latest version of the game (Air Standard Edition), but was wondering is it possible to disable the ero scenes, I just don't want my memories of Air to go down that route. Also does anyone know of any decent translations for it? I don't mind reading off a seperate script, but a patch would be nice. I had a brief look but couldn't find anything.

*Edit*
Opps many apologies will post in ending thread

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-09-22 at 08:42.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 08:20   Link #209
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Right after watching it again I have a new theory for the boy and girl, which could be based totally on my clutching at straws for a happy ending for Misuzu and Yukito.
That has been suggested a number of times I would suggest that any futher discussion of this is continued in the Ending of Air thread and not here (the Q&A thread is for questions that can be answered by facts). I would suggest you repost the spoiler contents in the other thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 22:39   Link #210
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ grey_moon

The standard edition of Air doesn't actually contain the H-scenes - so there are no worries for you there.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-09-25, 00:18   Link #211
Minoto

Actually, the Standard Edition does have the ero scenes; it's a slightly enhanced / improved version of the full game, unlike the all-ages version which (I believe) was basically a backport of the console version to PC. Key lists that as an out of production title now, but you might be able to find a used copy via auction.
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 11:07   Link #212
grey_moon

Heya all thanks for the info, but does the standard edition have a under 18 mode? I'd rather show my support of the current edition if possible, but if not I guess I'll have subject myself to on-line auctions (shudder).
Old 2007-09-26, 21:47   Link #213
Minoto

Go ahead and buy the Standard Edition -- each image is stored as a separate file in the G00 directory under the main folder, so you can easily delete the ones you don't want to see. When you reach those points in the game, it displays a warning about the missing file before continuing on with just the text over a black background. Skip over the text until you're past the scene, then continue on with your memories intact.

Files to delete (all with .g00 extension):

FGKA10A -- FGKA13, FGKA20
S_CGM_SC08, S_CGM_SC15 -- S_SCGM_SC18

FGKN15
S_CGM_SD14

FGMG08 -- FGMG10, FGMG19
S_CGM_SB20 -- S_CGM_SB23

FGMZ19 -- FGMZ22
S_CGM_SA20 -- S_CGM_SA23
Old 2007-10-01, 11:12   Link #214
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoto View Post
Go ahead and buy the Standard Edition -- each image is stored as a separate file in the G00 directory under the main folder, so you can easily delete the ones you don't want to see. When you reach those points in the game, it displays a warning about the missing file before continuing on with just the text over a black background. Skip over the text until you're past the scene, then continue on with your memories intact.

Files to delete (all with .g00 extension):

FGKA10A -- FGKA13, FGKA20
S_CGM_SC08, S_CGM_SC15 -- S_SCGM_SC18

FGKN15
S_CGM_SD14

FGMG08 -- FGMG10, FGMG19
S_CGM_SB20 -- S_CGM_SB23

FGMZ19 -- FGMZ22
S_CGM_SA20 -- S_CGM_SA23
Many thanks *gets his wallet out*
Old 2007-10-02, 08:34   Link #215
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ Minoto

Ah, my apologies. I mistook the Standard version for the All ages version. My bad.

Out of curiosity, does removing those files from the Standard version cause any errors during gameplay? I'm rather surprised that the game doesn't stutter when it can't find the necessary files.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-10-02, 21:08   Link #216
Minoto

No worries -- I'd say there are a few too many versions to keep track of, but then, this is AIR.

Anyway, I can't say that the game doesn't stutter, but I'd describe missing graphics as causing warnings rather than errors. The real heart of the game is the SEEN.txt file in the top level folder; it holds the script of the game along with the commands to the game engine to show this background, play that song, etc. If that was damaged, I'm sure the game engine would get horribly confused, but if it just encounters a missing image, it simply displays a warning and then continues on with the script, minus the graphics. You also get a similar warning when you go into the CG gallery, but that also works fine; there, it just continues to display the placeholder for images that have not yet been unlocked in place of the thumbnail.

Since just deleting the unwanted images accomplished the OP's purpose without preventing the game from continuing, I offered that as the simplest solution. Anyone who's feeling creative, though, can grab Haeleth's rldev kit and use the image converter to replace them with something else, thereby avoiding any warning, as shown in the third shot below.

Old 2007-10-30, 12:12   Link #217
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Question: Did I see a slice of Kanon somewhere in this series? Which episode?
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 12:24   Link #218
Hikari
Banned

Yep there is a Kanon cameo in episode 2, right when Yukito goes into the school and talks to Ayu Nayuki and Makoto.
Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 05:07   Link #219
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezterr View Post
Ok I am confused after watching this Anime series.

Does Kanna actually get saved or what?

I know that Kanna recieved the happy memories from the girls yukito helped reach their goals, but I am still confused on if Kanna is ever saved.

Thanks for reading, Jamezterr.
Kanna had two curses placed on her. One from the Buddhist monks which causes her to constantly reincarnate into human bodies which are too small to contain her, and thus makes it so that none of her reincarnates will live past 16. The second was from touching her mother, which makes it so that she can never become friends with anyone lest both her and her friend die. Kanna received happy memories, which means that the second curse is broken, however, the first curse was left unresolved. It might be implied that Sora left to find Kanna and break that curse, but we'll never know. What is known is that Kanna's reincarnations are now capable of making friends, although they will still never live past 16.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 12:06   Link #220
Jouzin
Haruhi and Louise fan :)

I have just finished watching Air TV and reading all 11 pages of this topic. Well I need a brake to get all this information into my head, but later I will ask you a few questions guys Later I am going to watch Air the movie and also read other topics of this thread. And then I will ask a few questions and share my view on this cool anime
Right now my Q is: Could I find Air PC game with EN subtitles? Beacuse I started to learn Japan language about a 3 months ago So I want to know if there is any EN version of this game ?

Thanks guys and Have a nice day

Air TV and Air the movie best anime I have ever seen
Jouzin is offline   Reply With Quote