AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 6 12.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 8.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 34.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-15, 17:26   Link #81
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Rihoko's arc is laid-back and told by her POV. Which is nice. Although the pacing is not like the others, she feels like a Yui from K-on suddenly falling in love and such. I mean they both like to stuff their faces. They both are simpleton airheads and all. Both can be a bit clumsy. So far this episode gets a solid 8. The arc entirely gets a 8 so far. I just hope they keep the arc mellow and not "OMG-rush-they-fall-in-love". If they do, oh well. Anyways, I will say I actually like Rihoko. Most girl characters I watch I tend to have some "naughty" thoughts while liking them. But Rihoko made me want to see her in a pure state. Meaning I don't wanna put lustful eyes on her. Same way how I view Nagisa from clannad, Yui from k-on, and Kobato from kobato for instance.

-NamuSkull
P.S. Excuse my ramblings
Old 2010-11-15, 17:29   Link #82
aldw

The author of 'Precious Diary' should be writing for this story arc, the mangaka does justice to Rihoko that the current writers just can't match.
Old 2010-11-16, 04:36   Link #83
Aqua Knight

After watching 3 episodes of this arc separately, I am more than convinced that I'd rather wait 4 weeks for an arc rather than watch an episode a week and not have whole understanding.

As for the episode, it was funny but lacked action, I mean they just sat and drank tea. Then hoping that Rihoko and Junichi would go to the shrine without Junichi's sister , they all just slept.

I understand that the arc should be this way , but I personally find it a little boring compared to all other arc. Or maybe as I said earlier I should have waited for the whole arc to come to enjoy it in one day.
Old 2010-11-16, 07:43   Link #84
MikeyGrey
believe...

it could be just me but i think in terms of character development, this arc is going drastically slow. its as if he's expected to get hit on the head & suddenly realize his dormant love for rihoko...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-11-16, 11:12   Link #85
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGrey View Post
it could be just me but i think in terms of character development, this arc is going drastically slow. its as if he's expected to get hit on the head & suddenly realize his dormant love for rihoko...
I agree, everyone has been telling him that Rihoko is cute,quite popular,attractive, yet Junichi can't realize it. Compared to other arcs he already understood the girls(like Sae-chan not wanting being his sister) and made his moves on them.
Old 2010-11-16, 15:55   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
I agree, everyone has been telling him that Rihoko is cute,quite popular,attractive, yet Junichi can't realize it. Compared to other arcs he already understood the girls(like Sae-chan not wanting being his sister) and made his moves on them.
Try to remember that Jun and Rihoko are childhood friends, so feelings from Jun's side aren't just going to appear like they do with the other girls. It's different for Rihoko because she's been in love with him for a long time. There's little signs that Jun is showing interest in her, and they're sure to keep building.
Old 2010-11-16, 17:04   Link #87
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Try to remember that Jun and Rihoko are childhood friends, so feelings from Jun's side aren't just going to appear like they do with the other girls. It's different for Rihoko because she's been in love with him for a long time. There's little signs that Jun is showing interest in her, and they're sure to keep building.
That would be great if we had like 2-3 episodes or more to resolve that. We have one episode.
Old 2010-11-16, 18:10   Link #88
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
We have one episode.
&? That's plenty of time for Jun to come to terms with his feelings for Rihoko. Or maybe not and we'll have BFF ending.
Old 2010-11-16, 18:26   Link #89
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
^
I would not like a couple's ending, tbh. As childhood friends, I think their romantic development should be natural too and be smooth just like their friendship has naturally always stayed as great friends. I'd much rather a best friends ending. I just wouldn't like such a sudden couple's ending. If things were more advanced so far, or we'd have more episodes, it would be okay. But Junichi realizing his feelings from one day to the other? That just doesn't seem natural or right or even real to me. He should be realizing his feelings slowly bit by bit, especially since they're childhood friends and have been good friends for a really long time, not just waking up one day and going HEY I LIKE HER. The whole arc so far has been them being friends and the closest to romance is "oh hey yeah that girl on the magazine does look like rihoko and she has big boobs cool".
Old 2010-11-16, 22:26   Link #90
Itlandm
Porcupine

Given the "farewell" theme of the last episode and the focus on the Tea Club, it seems the resolution will not take place until around graduation time, so there is plenty of time for him to wake up to his feelings. After all most of the pieces are in place. They already know each other as well as many married couples. He already wants her meat buns, and has done so for years (see flashback to "studying with Rihoko"). He knows that their friends would accept a relationship between them, even endorse it. What he does not know is that she herself would, because she has never told him and yes he really is that dense. If she does, things could get explosive right quick.

Since this is Amagami SS, the last episode will almost certainly imply that they make love (or rather, could if they wanted to) but we don't get to know for sure, just like the previous arcs.
Closed Thread