AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 12:54   Link #61
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Pretty great trailer. Just hope it isn't one cour
Anyway here are my predictions of the cast
Hibiki: No idea...it would help if we had an idea what his personality was going to be
Daichi: Yuki kaiji
lo: Kana hanazawa
Joe: tomokazu sugita
Yamato: Tomokazu seki
Makoto: Miyuki sawashiro
Keita: Tetsuya kakihara
Hinako: Yu kobayashi
AO: Akira ishida
The cast you are making up reminds me very much on how most of the cast members come from either K or Psycho-Pass, which is pretty funny here.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 12:54   Link #62
com_gwp

That seiyuu cast...they really went with quite the predictable list. Kaji for Daichi, HanaKana for Io, even Ishida for AO.

But Joe's and Keita's seiyuus come as a bit of a surprise. I always imagined Joe with a younger voice than Sugita's, and Keita's with deeper one than Kakihara.

Edit: As for Hibiki, I won't be surprised if they got Mamoru Miyano for him.

Edit 2: My bad I didn't read it was a prediction. Those predictions are pretty close to mine though.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2012-12-29 at 13:21.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 13:01   Link #63
OPN

I cant imagine anyone but hanakana voicing Io and as for kaiji i don't think hes that good of a fit as daichi but....its bound to happen so im just preparing myself for the inevitable
Old 2012-12-29, 13:17   Link #64
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It's not the real cast. Just a mere speculation
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 14:06   Link #65
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Those Angels attacking Septentrione #2 and that Byakko look terrible.
Well we haven't seen them in action so there's still some hope Though I think it'll be similar to the personas in P4

That reminds me... since the attack animation in the game is fairly limited, I wonder how the studio will animate that.

Quote:
I cant imagine anyone but hanakana voicing Io and as for kaiji i don't think hes that good of a fit as daichi but....its bound to happen so im just preparing myself for the inevitable
I'm thinking Noto Mamiko..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 14:33   Link #66
dark998

The Septentriones look amazing. And the character design is faithful enough, I like it.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 03:22   Link #67
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm late to the party...

I hope my 3 goddesses will be done justice.

The character designs look a tad bit horizontal but other than that I am extremely pumped. april can't come sooner.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 03:37   Link #68
Gundamx

Hmmm I think they didn't start with first one since it's a lot easier to choose which ending they want with this one...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 04:18   Link #69
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think they refrained from the first one because overall a gloomy story. Thinking back, the atmosphere would only get somber at best if not squeezing out some morbid humor from the weirdness of the situation. Despite the larger scale of destruction, DS2 provided more light-hearted scenes mixed in with the serious which probably fits more with pop culture.
Old 2013-01-06, 14:21   Link #70
Shadow5YA

If the manga adaptation is anything to go by, then the story might be a lot more different from the game than we expect...
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:52   Link #71
duckroll
綺羅星★!

More characters updated: http://ds2a.jp/character/

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 04:11   Link #72
Kakkou
Tch.

Have to say these are possibly the most faithful anime adaptations of Suzuhito Yasuda's character designs to date, though I personally like Takahiro Kishida's own touches to his Durarara!! designs more.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 04:30   Link #73
demino_hellsin
That one guy

makoto - nice

jerk - less baby faced which actually works since I was surprised at how tall he was supposed to be.

Hinako - Doesn't feel as feminine as the game art.

Otome - More sexy than cute now.

Overall - I'm okay with this

Old 2013-01-10, 09:25   Link #74
Shadow5YA

Needs more Fumi. Where's Fumi?
Old 2013-01-10, 21:33   Link #75
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If the manga adaptation is anything to go by, then the story might be a lot more different from the game than we expect...
It really wasn't all that different. Some chronological switcharoo is hardly what I'd call diverging from the plot. And I like that the MC has (will probably have) an actual personality this time around. As much as I grew to enjoy Yu's characterization in Persona 4 I don't think lightning would've struck twice for Kishi in this case, and especially not with DS2's storyline. Still, I hope they keep in some of those "choice quotes" we love.
Old 2013-01-10, 21:40   Link #76
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
It really wasn't all that different. Some chronological switcharoo is hardly what I'd call diverging from the plot. And I like that the MC has (will probably have) an actual personality this time around. As much as I grew to enjoy Yu's characterization in Persona 4 I don't think lightning would've struck twice for Kishi in this case, and especially not with DS2's storyline. Still, I hope they keep in some of those "choice quotes" we love.
It wasn't just a switcharoo, one of the death clips was outright omitted. There's also portrayal of Yamato's perception of the protagonist, which makes the protagonist's role in the story very different from what it is in the game.
Old 2013-01-10, 21:49   Link #77
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It wasn't just a switcharoo, one of the death clips was outright omitted. There's also portrayal of Yamato's perception of the protagonist, which makes the protagonist's role in the story very different from what it is in the game.
We can't expect a 1-for-1 faithful reproduction of the game, and what I saw of the manga stuck close enough to the game's core storyline while adapting itself to a continuous story quite well. Also remember that the anime will have pacing issues to consider, depending on how long the show will run for. Especially if (in the unlikely event) they give it a single season.
Old 2013-01-10, 22:11   Link #78
Shadow5YA

You can have the anime be close enough to the source material that it doesn't directly contradict it but still have very different pacing, direction, and overall execution from said source material.

That's exactly my worry: the possibility that while it doesn't diverge too heavily from the source material as badly as the anime adaptations of Chaos;Head, Tsukihime, Yumekui Merry, etc. did, it will still be a mediocre job because there isn't enough time to fit everything in necessary for proper character development and pacing like what happened with the Persona 4 anime.

But perhaps I'm just being too skeptic: we'll see how this turns out.
Old 2013-01-11, 00:20   Link #79
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

P4 adaptation was fantastic, they capture the key moment as they should.. You can't ask more from adaptation than that. Just take the OG source if you want 1:1 experience, adaptation is all about key moment. I will really happy if DS2A anything like P4A, and with art quality consistency (which P4A really horrible at)
Old 2013-01-11, 01:38   Link #80
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Preview screens from episode 1, and full character designs for the characters they just added to the official site: http://moca-news.net/article/20130110/201301102324a/01/
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlus, devil_survivor, index, persona