AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-25, 21:58   Link #1461
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You guys might want to take the discussion to the abilities thread
Old 2013-02-26, 13:13   Link #1462
Haiprbim
Banned

Hey everyone.
I have a question to ask regarding the Anime and its releases.

First off, an Anime called A Certain Magical Index aired from October 4, 2008 – March 19, 2009, including 24 episodes.

Later on, an anime called A Certain Scientific Railgun aired from October 3, 2009 – March 20, 2010, including 24 episodes. This was the side-story.
"A Certain Scientific Railgun, focuses on Mikoto Misaka, an electromaster who is the third most powerful of the seven Level 5 espers in Academy City. Set before and during the events of the novels, the manga tells the adventures of Mikoto and her friends during that time period from their point of view."

Even later on, the second season of the first story came out, called A Certain Magical Index II. It aired from October 8, 2010 – April 1, 2011 and included 24 episodes.

Keeping the OVA and the Movie aside, another season is incoming this April called Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S.

My question is, will this be the second season of A Certain Scientific Railgun or the third season of A Certain Magical Index?

Thank-you very much!
Old 2013-02-26, 13:14   Link #1463
Sumeragi
Banned

Former. I think it is obvious.
Old 2013-02-26, 13:17   Link #1464
tsunade666

Second Season of railgun -_- they even use the same name. A certain scientific railgun S.

Index will have Index III if the third season is announced.
Old 2013-02-27, 08:21   Link #1465
Haiprbim
Banned

Yeah, did think so myself, just wanted to be sure.

Thank-you very much.
Old 2013-03-02, 03:28   Link #1466
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so how is Index II? good, bad, in between?

Old 2013-03-02, 04:03   Link #1467
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
so how is Index II? good, bad, in between?
In between I guess.
Old 2013-03-02, 05:23   Link #1468
judasmartel
*Author

Well, first half of Index II is about Touma being Touma, the second half containing Accelerator's arc was awesome.
Old 2013-03-06, 11:47   Link #1469
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

There's one thing I don't understand right now, if someone could elaborate on some detail that I might have missed (Railgun question):

In episode 8, Saten says she wishes her school taught a class specifically about levelling up as an Esper. Obviously this doesn't exist. She also knows about Misaka having worked to achieve her level through strenuous effort and not much else. Why then hasn't she ever simply asked Misaka about what is the best way to level up? Or even asked her to train her in a Master/Apprentice setup?

I guess you could apply the same to Uiharu as well, but that sortof flies in the face of the carrot on a string that is what makes up her power and whether or not she can become stronger which has been a theme throughout the whole series.
Old 2013-03-06, 11:56   Link #1470
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
There's one thing I don't understand right now, if someone could elaborate on some detail that I might have missed (Railgun question):

In episode 8, Saten says she wishes her school taught a class specifically about levelling up as an Esper. Obviously this doesn't exist. She also knows about Misaka having worked to achieve her level through strenuous effort and not much else. Why then hasn't she ever simply asked Misaka about what is the best way to level up? Or even asked her to train her in a Master/Apprentice setup?

I guess you could apply the same to Uiharu as well, but that sortof flies in the face of the carrot on a string that is what makes up her power and whether or not she can become stronger which has been a theme throughout the whole series.
Thats because....
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-03-06 at 12:32.
Old 2013-03-06, 12:36   Link #1471
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Also, I may be wrong here, but isn't this Endymion under construction in the background behind Saten in Railgun episode 9?:

Old 2013-03-06, 12:49   Link #1472
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Erm, Misaka is an electric type pokemon...
Old 2013-03-06, 12:52   Link #1473
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm, Misaka is an electric type pokemon...
I don't see how attaining a personal reality has anything to do with the specific type of ability.
Old 2013-03-06, 12:57   Link #1474
tsunade666

Quote:

eh.... Saten is a level 0 who doesn't even had a clue on what her power could be but thanks to level upper. We can say that she has affinity for wind but that still isn't concrete evidence on what her power could be. And Uiharu's ability is to control temperature. Uiharu and Saten has very different type of power than Misaka which is electric type.

Misaka can't teach Uiharu or Saten on how to level up their skill because its all about your own control of personal reality. Personal reality is the ability of esper to make what they believe to to happen in reality. Within the bounds of personal reality. They had their own perspectives and view which is different from each other. Some maybe had the same affinity but still its your own VIEW ON THIS WORLD. Which is why its PERSONAL REALITY. Its cannot be home teach by others who had their own personal reality. The scientist can only help at certain factors. Like drugs and curriculum that can help develop further your belief in your personal reality but that's all their is too it.

Misaka can't help Uiharu and Saten on that problem.

Plus there is more problem to it than your own lack of skill which what wilfriback said.
Old 2013-03-06, 12:58   Link #1475
Sumeragi
Banned

This is going to the spoiler realm, but let's just say Miko-chin's power up isn't entirely due to her efforts alone.
Old 2013-03-06, 12:58   Link #1476
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't see how attaining a personal reality has anything to do with the specific type of ability.
Because it's not about attaining a personal reality; all espers already have it.

But to utilize it? To make it stronger? It all boils down to individual skills and power.

Simply put, your personal reality and how you use your esper powers is not a one size fits all glove and Misaka's powers and how she uses it is very different from either those two.
Old 2013-03-06, 14:26   Link #1477
zaeraal

What are you people talking about?
Even if they were the same (pokemon) type, they can't teach each other anything.
You need the curriculum to level up in AC -> that's drugs, hypnosis, brain stimulations...
The lectures and studies form only minimal (if any) part of the curriculum.
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...iculum_Program
Old 2013-03-27, 19:59   Link #1478
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

what chapters in the manga did the first season of railgun cover?
Old 2013-03-27, 21:39   Link #1479
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

^ think the first half of the season was the level upper arc. So chapters 1-17.2 The rest of the season was anime only arcs: Poltergeist and Big Spider
Old 2013-03-30, 17:34   Link #1480
Dyingbreath

Quick question: What is the angelic language described like?
It's mentioned a few times but I forget where.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a