AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-27, 19:26   Link #1721
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I don't know guys, I think Kuro really might be a dog (although I won't be crushed if it turns out to have just been an illusion by Neko). Didn't expect him to be a strain in any case, although that does explain why his magic was so different from Ichigen's.
In any case, I'm also in the camp that Shiro isn't dead for good and I'm rather happy we're getting a second season, this show was too entertaining for me to give it up just yet!

Last edited by wandering-dreamer; 2012-12-28 at 09:40.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 20:12   Link #1722
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Neko is so cute. I have this soft spot for cats. I just wanted to pet her at the end. Poor thing.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 20:21   Link #1723
Qilin
Romanticist

Not a bad series. I enjoyed it immensely, but it could have used a lot more exposition, or maybe just a bit of world building. The way things stand, we still know very little about the universe that K is set in. Yes, a new season is coming up, but that's no excuse to skimp on the explanations this time around.

I watched this mostly character interactions rather than plot, that is to say the exchange of banter between Shiro and Kuro, and the unusual bond of trust between Suoh and Munakata. I won't deny that a few of them veer dangerously into homolust territory, it's still quite a fun spectacle.

I'd give this a 5/10, or maybe a 6/10 out of the pure enjoyment I got from watching.
Old 2012-12-27, 21:55   Link #1724
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
i am pretty disappointed with mikoto's character. people seem to make him to be some sort of badass but really he was just a ass what he did to his clan and his friend munakata. seriously shiro had to die and then munakata had to stab him even though he wanted to try and save suoh.

hopefully the next season or ova or whatever focuses on other colors and not reds. hoping for green and black reveal.
i think u misunderstood like i told countless times colorless king=black, u dont see the black sword??? omg, the missing kings are green and white.

almost of everthing i predicated was right:

1 black king/colorless power=steal body and soul if him remain much time in the body then he consum the soul forever(and become a "golum "with multiple personalities)

2 guy named shiro was a normal student who was consumed by colorless king and new shiro(weissman) after body swap was innocent.

3 the "gulom" tried to steal silver king but was unable resulting in a body swap

4 kurouh get his "weifus"(kukuri)

omg noooooooooo poor neko gora dont make that to her she dont deserve this!!!!! please bring back weissmann, i'm crying for neko she lost her love.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 21:59   Link #1725
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Finished episode 13.

Man...that was EPIC. And I even cried like a baby with the music and the image of Kuroh and Neko as a puppy and a kitty.

Thank you GORA, even though this series was kind of dumb but fun at times. CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL SEASON TWO.

There ain't no way Shiro's dead. He probaly winds up in the future in yet another body. Knew He'd make Kuroh Team Silver though.

I didn't see the preview either where I watched it. And I can't find Stray Dog Story translated anywhere...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 22:10   Link #1726
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I was this close to shedding a tear for Mikoto. It was nice of Weissman to offer his life for the sake of dispelling Mikoto's spirit of vengeance. although it's clear that he also wants the Colorless King killed as well. Two birds hit with one stone. Well played, Weissman.

And I think Mikoto, despite being able to avenge Tatara, had given up on life the moment he decided to let himself be killed. He probably still carries the guilt from the Kagutsuchi Crater incident.

Right now, only HOMRA among the known clans has lost its king. Do their symbolic "sky lanterns" represent their disbandment? And did Anna just regain her eyesight for the first time?

Although the mystery behind Totsuka Tatara's murder has been solved, there is still enough hidden conflict to incite another war between the remaining five kings.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 22:29   Link #1727
Bombo
TSF Fans

I like the song after mikoto death's and Kuro is a dog lol....

Yes

NO BLOOD.... NO BONE.... NO ASH....
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 22:58   Link #1728
ellessarr
Banned

all 4 swords in the order

Blue>Silver>Black>red

this means colorless king is black why ppls keeping say who he is not black O.o?
Old 2012-12-27, 23:04   Link #1729
GundamZZ
残念美人

Neko's illusion is funny. It seems blues are still chasing after Kuro and Neko, so they have to escape in the form of dog and cat.
Now, Mikoto is dead. Will the plate select the next red king? Anna seems to be the likely candidate. Even she doesn't have the flame power. She may be another former colorless king. She can uses prophecy as the advantage. The story also gives me this impression. Shiro's noble sacrifice is the reason that Kuro wants to serve him. The motivation is out of the respect. I also wonder who is Neko's previous king.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 23:07   Link #1730
OverNOut
The Obsever

Did anyone notice that the colorless king's Sword of Damocles looks exactly like the silver king's during WWII except that it is black in color.
Spoiler for silver king's sword during WWII:

Spoiler for Colorless king's sword between silver and red:
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 23:13   Link #1731
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Neko's illusion is funny. It seems blues are still chasing after Kuro and Neko, so they have to escape in the form of dog and cat.
Now, Mikoto is dead. Will the plate select the next red king? Anna seems to be the likely candidate. Even she doesn't have the flame power. She may be another former colorless king. She can uses prophecy as the advantage. The story also gives me this impression. Shiro's noble sacrifice is the reason that Kuro wants to serve him. The motivation is out of the respect. I also wonder who is Neko's previous king.
neko is a strain she never had a king(until now) omg neko alone nooooooo, bring her half gay(at last he showed having feelings for her at same time she already in full love of him) king ^^ she deserves be loved.

now the missing kings are green and white.

when the missing kings popo then the "guardians of the universe" can come and take they batteries of power(green lantern joke).
Old 2012-12-27, 23:37   Link #1732
Dark Wing

Now that is what I call an ending!

sure the story dragged a bit and could've used a bit more world building but I can see the team was working under a time constraint so I won't fault them too much for it.
Old 2012-12-27, 23:43   Link #1733
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

i think Shiro will be back in part 2, I hope he comes back the way they ended it seems like he will. the many years of me watching anime tells me he will lol
cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 00:10   Link #1734
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Mikoto's ending is to be expected. He always has been high in self destructive urges and always wanted an outlet to burn himself up.
I guess he got what he truly wanted.
Thinking about it, Kusanagi really must had a hard time.....
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 01:03   Link #1735
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I hope Shiro would return, but the way his sword just evaporated...
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 01:51   Link #1736
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
I hope Shiro would return, but the way his sword just evaporated...
the Silver star of HOPE

and now kurou gona be upgraded from black(previous black king follower) dog to silver(shiro follower) dog

if what us see happen with the red clan(the red marks leaving to the sky) is the sign of a king death then if us dont see nothing happen with kurouh and neko i think really shiro still alive.
Old 2012-12-28, 07:18   Link #1737
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So why are people referring to the fox as a "golum"? What is that anyways? Do you mean golem? That makes no sense. Or is it Gollum? Which is... a little creature with an obsession?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 07:23   Link #1738
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So why are people referring to the fox as a "golum"? What is that anyways? Do you mean golem? That makes no sense. Or is it Gollum? Which is... a little creature with an obsession?
I am pretty sure it was Lord of The Ring's reference.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 07:37   Link #1739
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

The story is one big plot hole. I'm glad to hear it has a second season.

Kuro as a strain... it makes sense. His king died without losing his powers. Though... it is possible that the White Fox Spirit was Ichigen Miwa gone completely nuts. Someone could have "broken him." Ichigen was a hermit. Kuroh was either Ichigen's son or his dog.

Is Neko really a cat or a girl with amnesia? It's hard to tell. What is a "strain? " Anna is a red strain. Are they dead people? Are they animals? Are they human?

Second season:
Gold King plays huge role and dies.
Are strains reincarnations of specific dead people? Could Weismann come back as a strain?
Weismann's dead sister?

Who are the candidates to become the new Silver, Black(colorless), and Red Kings?

Kuroh... obviously a finalist for Black or Silver.

Last edited by mechalord; 2012-12-28 at 07:55.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 07:41   Link #1740
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Based on how the story unfolded, K is most probably a split-cour series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural