AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 24 (FINAL) Rating
Perfect 10 210 67.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 19.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 2.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.64%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-16, 23:47   Link #61
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

the dance rocked. period.
Old 2007-09-17, 00:03   Link #62
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I don't have the kind of emotional investment some people have with this show, but I will miss this part of my weekend schedule. Top of my "to rewatch" list for gloomy days.
Old 2007-09-17, 00:13   Link #63
iamthebest22

I loved it. Yeah I also feel sad... that this the last episode. Man there are so many Anime that could have and should have been continued, but didn't (i.e. Fate Stay Night, and Lucky Star of course).
Old 2007-09-17, 00:19   Link #64
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Never felt so satisfied with a final episode in a looong time. I had been skimping on the episode posts for a while, but this one deserves a must.

Spoiler:

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-09-17 at 00:51. Reason: Takarazuka Revue has too many syllables...
Old 2007-09-17, 00:25   Link #65
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

I guess I'll watch it when I get the chance...
Old 2007-09-17, 03:23   Link #66
Shana

I'm going to cry, oh wait, I'm crying. I loved this episode, is a typical Lucky Star episode, but closes prefectly the series.

This episode had a lot of quality, as I expected from KyoAni. More quality than Kagamin's scene in episode 21, more than Kanata's scene in episode 22; This episode made me cry, the last Lucky Star episode... Yeah.

Perfect 10.
Old 2007-09-17, 05:00   Link #67
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Not noted yet and waiting for the sub. I am just going to say that it is an enjoyable series; it is not groundbreaking, but it is definitely not the forgettable kind unlike some says, at least for me.

I did read in various places that some complain about no plot development. Please, it has not plot to begin with.
Now, can I compare it with Azumanga Daioh or PPD? I cannot. Not because any of the three is superior or inferior to the others, but because they have their own brand of humor. Let me elaborate, I can laugh at Friends, Married with Children, Life of Brian, H (french comedy series set in an hospital), Kaamelott (delicious french parody of Arthur and The Knights of the Round Table) and Malcolm of the Middle, but I do not compare them, I don't see how one can be superior or inferior because they are so different. And seriously, I need variety everywhere, even in the comedy genre.

In conclusion, like Azumanga Daioh and Excel Saga, Lucky*Star will very likely end up in my DVD collection, should it be released in France.

Last edited by Sheba; 2007-09-17 at 05:17.
Old 2007-09-17, 08:00   Link #68
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

aghhhh~~~!!! The ultimate loli dance!!!

A must see final episode. Seems like Patty looks like NIA from Gurren Lagann with the stary eyes *_*. Even the Moe Drill game girls got air time!

Need to DL the raws!!!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-17, 08:27   Link #69
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Not noted yet and waiting for the sub. I am just going to say that it is an enjoyable series; it is not groundbreaking, but it is definitely not the forgettable kind unlike some says, at least for me.

I did read in various places that some complain about no plot development. Please, it has not plot to begin with.
Now, can I compare it with Azumanga Daioh or PPD? I cannot. Not because any of the three is superior or inferior to the others, but because they have their own brand of humor. Let me elaborate, I can laugh at Friends, Married with Children, Life of Brian, H (french comedy series set in an hospital), Kaamelott (delicious french parody of Arthur and The Knights of the Round Table) and Malcolm of the Middle, but I do not compare them, I don't see how one can be superior or inferior because they are so different. And seriously, I need variety everywhere, even in the comedy genre.

In conclusion, like Azumanga Daioh and Excel Saga, Lucky*Star will very likely end up in my DVD collection, should it be released in France.
Tried to cookie that assessment but I must spread the rep more it seems, so a quote will have to do for now. I, too, am getting tired of the "label and stop thinking" syndrome I see too much of on forums. L*S is more of a character study than a "plot" and is no less entertaining for that.
Old 2007-09-17, 08:48   Link #70
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Towards the ending is nice ... Especially the

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Really like this series and Azumanga Daioh also....
Old 2007-09-17, 10:08   Link #71
PirateSkittles
Organization of Cute

To know that it's actually over saddens me a lot. T_T

This is actually the first anime series I've watched at the same time as it was released, if I make any sense. For other series, I would usually be late (either by the whole series or a few episodes).

This was the first time I actually anticipated to see the next episode, tried to be as patient as I could until it would finally come out. I'm not really good at japanese, but I'd watch the RAW version until the subs are out.

Now that it's over, I feel like a big part of my life's empty. T_T

I really do hope they have a second series.
Old 2007-09-17, 11:40   Link #72
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
For those dying to see it ASAP, the Guerrand softsub is out as of now.
Old 2007-09-17, 12:35   Link #73
Lunariska
I eat your Cookiez!

that is just like this "what should i do now" feeling when you finished a game you wanted so badly and played though it like in 2 weeks and got this unstatisfied feeling in the end.
i can only agree with the posts above me:
2nd Season. NAO!
Old 2007-09-17, 12:59   Link #74
Teiran
NPC
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
For those dying to see it ASAP, the Guerrand softsub is out as of now.
Hardsub is out as well.

Haha, Kona-chan busted out the "Kagaminya" for the first time in about twenty episodes.

Last edited by Teiran; 2007-09-17 at 13:14.
Old 2007-09-17, 13:02   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've also loved hearing Nozomi Sasaki's Patty --- she was on top form this episode. Also i'd like to point out that Kaoru Mizuhara's Misao is quite possibly the best voice i have ever heard.
Old 2007-09-17, 13:10   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm sad to see it go, but it was an enjoyable episode.

Hostile Shiraishi is annoying. Akira can get away with it because she's cute, but he should just resign himself to being a human carpet.

Konata in her witch costume's not quite as cute as Nagato, but it was nice all the same.

Minami should learn to smile.

Minami x Yutaka in Zuka costumes do look good.
Old 2007-09-17, 13:59   Link #77
Midonin
Last Engage

So, the final episode...

I enjoyed it. Everything about the series that made it great was packed into that half-hour. Konata's otakuism, Yutaka and Minami, Kagami's snarkiness...everyone was at their finest. The full "Motteke!" dance was cute, and seeing the curtain go up in the end was a nice final shot for the show. I like that they even got in Lucky Channel, in a way. Akira and Minoru haven't changed a bit.

9/10, a satisfying finale. The kind that makes me glad I started watching.
Old 2007-09-17, 14:19   Link #78
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

I was looking so forward to end of this ep....
everything was great,,,, EVERYTHNG........ but that end.... just ruined it all.....
Old 2007-09-17, 14:26   Link #79
HaZzArD
Kenpachi FTW

Send a message via AIM to HaZzArD
Min-Min-Miracle Mino-run-run
Old 2007-09-17, 14:33   Link #80
Meophist

Something my brother noticed:
Spoiler:
Closed Thread