AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-05-01, 15:26   Link #121
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I also think it's a great thing that the singles sold so well, but I think it is 80% due to KyoAni's 'magic' and then 19% to the song writers, and 1% to the seiyuus.

Actually 30k is great for a debut single for ANYONE, 66k is like a miracle. If this week was a weaker week, this could have easily reached first place. KyoAni really knows where their fans soft spot is. K-on seems to be a hit or miss for people, since its MOE BLOBS. But when it hits...you get the crazy fanboys who would spend insane amount of money.

Note to self...wow the singles are selling better in their 2nd week...and Buono's My BOY is on its first week.
Old 2009-05-01, 23:52   Link #122
Midonin
Last Engage

This is...I think "peculiar" would be the right word for it.

The OST already has a release date, cover and full tracklisting. (It releases June 3rd, for the curious).

Yet "Fuwafuwa Jikan", which will no doubt be performed in the coming week, has vanished from every listing. No idea what's up with that.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 00:08   Link #123
Fran~
floating away...

It will come in the 2nd OST or Mio's Image Album
Old 2009-05-02, 02:04   Link #124
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
OSTs (and by that, I mean the BGM) has been really meh; there's not much about them that would make me want to buy the soundtrack, especially when most of the soundtracks from the Spring season are just so much better with Eden, Cross Game, Guin Saga, and Pandora Hearts shining way above the rest.

Also, finally finished my writeup of "Don't Say 'Lazy'". For those who aren't too keen on reading it, all I can say is that Hisaka does a good job of channeling Hirano's Haruhi even if the music isn't totally memorable. Oh well, it is better than "Cagayake! Girls" and "Sweet Bitter Beauty Song" is surprisingly good, maybe even better than "Don't Say 'Lazy'" because of how Hisaka exudes confidence and attitude.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 09:20   Link #125
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
It will come in the 2nd OST or Mio's Image Album
I don't think there's going to be a second OST (13 episode series and all), but a possible character song set is likely.
Old 2009-05-02, 11:11   Link #126
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I don't think there's going to be a second OST (13 episode series and all), but a possible character song set is likely.
We're talking about Kyo-ani... the best gainax's disciple in milking a franchise.
Old 2009-05-03, 16:25   Link #127
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

The OP and ED, both music and animation, are really what have hooked me into watching this series and I find myself playing them endlessly. The trouble is that the 20 minute bit between the OP and ED has yet to come close to them in holding my attention. I wonder, after the runaway successes of the Haruhi and Lucky Star musical numbers, did it all go to Kyoto Animation's head so they stopped trying so hard with the actual stories? I have played the OP and ED numbers about 10 times today already and watched the respective animations about half a dozen times too. But I've only once rewatched an actual episode. Should I stop downloading it and settle for just the music? After all the OP and ED sequences between them tell us the start and end of the story as it is likely to be, ISTM they are perfect in themselves.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 17:05   Link #128
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
The OP and ED, both music and animation, are really what have hooked me into watching this series and I find myself playing them endlessly. The trouble is that the 20 minute bit between the OP and ED has yet to come close to them in holding my attention. I wonder, after the runaway successes of the Haruhi and Lucky Star musical numbers, did it all go to Kyoto Animation's head so they stopped trying so hard with the actual stories? I have played the OP and ED numbers about 10 times today already and watched the respective animations about half a dozen times too. But I've only once rewatched an actual episode. Should I stop downloading it and settle for just the music? After all the OP and ED sequences between them tell us the start and end of the story as it is likely to be, ISTM they are perfect in themselves.
Slightly off topic, but how is Kyo-ani in any way responsible for a slow plot? Have you taken even a glance at the source manga? They chapters are short 13 page bits. Nothing much really happens. To fluff one chapter(aaprox) into one ep already is quite a feat.

Kyo-Ani does not write the plot. Do not bash them for following the manga. Honestly disliking a studio is one thing, blaming them for the plot from the manga is another.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 17:36   Link #129
ruu-san

I haven't op song in my playlist but I have 'don't say lazy' by Yoko Hikasa (ed), but they both are catchy
ruu-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 10:10   Link #130
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

What I predicted has just become a reality... LOL

ふわふわ時間(タイム) TVアニメ「けいおん!」劇中歌
通常価格(税込) : ¥1,050
商品の詳細
フォーマット : CD Maxi
レーベル : ポニーキャニオン
発売日 : 2009年05月20日

09年春新番組、京都アニメーション制作TVアニメ「けいおん!」。
主人公達が所属する軽音楽部のテーマ曲とも言える「ふわふわ時間(タイム)」が
Maxiシングルでリリース!

メインVo.は人気キャラクター「秋山澪」(CV:日笠陽子)予定。
他の軽音楽部メンバーもコーラスで参加!カップリングには第

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 11:03   Link #131
Midonin
Last Engage

Oh, NOW it reappears.
Old 2009-05-04, 14:10   Link #132
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
What I predicted has just become a reality... LOL
Well, it had been announced along with the OP and ED singles a month ago though.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 14:45   Link #133
Jimmy C

And look at what everyone's wearing in that cover photo, especially Mio.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 14:52   Link #134
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
And look at what everyone's wearing in that cover photo, especially Mio.
I wonder if that will actually be what Ritsu wear on the stage... smexy lol

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 08:34   Link #135
onemadcow

Timing seems right for the new single. It can't come out before it appears in the show, and so far the opening and ending are showing KyoAni longevity. Second week sales figures are out and 'Lazy' did an additional 22k this week (89k total) while 'Cagayake' did 20k (81.5k total). They were numbers 5 & 6 for the week. Looks like both are close to reserving a spot in the top 100 for the year. ^_^
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 21:00   Link #136
Midonin
Last Engage

News! There is news to be had!

Alright, so it's for certain that Fuwafuwa Time is releasing at the end of this month. (5/20), but the Animate store has revealed something that many (me included) were hoping for, and is indeed true.

Character songs.

Yui and Mio have theirs releasing on 6/17, Mugi and Ritsu on 7/15.

That will be all.

Last edited by Midonin; 2009-05-09 at 23:03.
Old 2009-05-07, 22:44   Link #137
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
I really like the ED, Don’t Say Lazy. Both the song and the ED itself. It has a nice music video feel to it. (Although I wouldn't be surprised if some of it was "borrowed" from other music videos.) I’d like to see a full version of the ED to match the full length of the song.

I guess I'll be waiting to see how the rest of Mio's songs turn out. Not so much for the rest of them.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 22:55   Link #138
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
OSTs (and by that, I mean the BGM) has been really meh; there's not much about them that would make me want to buy the soundtrack, especially when most of the soundtracks from the Spring season are just so much better with Eden, Cross Game, Guin Saga, and Pandora Hearts shining way above the rest.

Also, finally finished my writeup of "Don't Say 'Lazy'". For those who aren't too keen on reading it, all I can say is that Hisaka does a good job of channeling Hirano's Haruhi even if the music isn't totally memorable. Oh well, it is better than "Cagayake! Girls" and "Sweet Bitter Beauty Song" is surprisingly good, maybe even better than "Don't Say 'Lazy'" because of how Hisaka exudes confidence and attitude.
Honestly the BGM is a total who cares to me and sounds like they came up with it in an afternoon. They might as well just skip past it and go straight to the character albums. Shin Mazinger and FMA have been where it's at for BGM's as far as I'm concerned. Honestly on a whole it's kind of depressing to say that as a music themed anime K-On probably has the second weakest assortment of music of any anime I am watching. The outro really is the highlight.

As for Don't Say Lazy, I wouldn't be able to tell if it's Hisaka or the heavy processing of her voice that's giving the feeling of exuded confidence. I know what you are referring too though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 18:18   Link #139
Midonin
Last Engage

Information on "Fuwafuwa Time" has been posted on the official site. The B-side is called "Please Give Me Wings" (翼をください, Tsubasa wo Kudasai), and besides the usual layout of a single, there are four additional instrumental versions of Fuwafuwa Time, each one not having one of the instruments.
Old 2009-05-11, 18:27   Link #140
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, the new revolution in the sing along series. Play along!!

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote