AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 21:59   Link #1
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Which JRPG would you like to see an anime adaption?

For me, probably Star Ocean 1
Xenogears
Ar Tonelico I
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:47   Link #2
Js2756
Thread Killer

Given that the vast majority of them are awful, none. Watching most anime series based on video games is like watching someone else play the game, which I find very, very boring.

I really believe that if something was supposed to be an anime, it would have been made that way in the first place.

As an aside, there was an Ar Tonelico OVA that was made when the game came out (it didn't cover the entire story though).
Old 2009-11-09, 22:55   Link #3
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

So all adaptations in any form are a failure from your POV?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 00:29   Link #4
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

When you say "JRPG", do you mean any RPG that was released in japanese version in some form? If that's the case, I say that Golden Sun would make an awesome anime. I don't think all the subplots could be covered though, and it would probably be a long anime, given how long the games were. But I think it's an interesting idea.
Old 2009-11-10, 02:26   Link #5
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
Given that the vast majority of them are awful, none. Watching most anime series based on video games is like watching someone else play the game, which I find very, very boring.

I really believe that if something was supposed to be an anime, it would have been made that way in the first place.

As an aside, there was an Ar Tonelico OVA that was made when the game came out (it didn't cover the entire story though).
Yes there was the OVA which served mostly as a promotion for the game. I just finished the game and it was one of the best games I have ever played, I'd like it to have a full series based on the somewhat consensus canon route (ie. Aurica's). I know adaption from RPG are generally subpar, but one can hope for it to be the next Utawarerumono at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
When you say "JRPG", do you mean any RPG that was released in japanese version in some form? If that's the case, I say that Golden Sun would make an awesome anime. I don't think all the subplots could be covered though, and it would probably be a long anime, given how long the games were. But I think it's an interesting idea.
Yes, RPG originated from Japan since there are western RPGs as well. I forgot about GS, it was definitely one of the better games on the GBA (the 1st GS I mean). On a sidenote, I hope the DS version will be at least as good as the original.

Xenogears would make a fantastic anime (if done right). Despite it being old, it's still regarded as one of the best RPG ever made. I've played it years ago and the plot was deep, the romance (mainly the canon) was touching. Not to mention the fabulous music piece, ED song... too lazy to check atm, but probably Yoko Kanno got her hands on this?

Fire Emblem, the one with Eliwood as the lead would also make a fabulous adaption with its mystical world of dragons and its likeable set of characters.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 03:56   Link #6
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

How about the Final Fantasy series?
Old 2009-11-10, 04:11   Link #7
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I am just gonna repeat what I already said in a similar thread back at the games section:

Quote:
Yggdra Union, if only to see Valky in animated form!

The animated intro for the PSP version was pretty neat in it's own way!

I just adore the character designs!
Quote:
Somehow forgot to mention it on my first post, but another game I would love to see an anime made for is Final Fantasy Tactics!

*Following videos contain spoilers from the game:

Spoiler:

There's so much story to the game, they could easily made a focus on the drama of it all and still come out with something worth watching. I want the same art style, voices and everything as shown in these videos.

Wouldn't mind my fair share of action and battles, though!
Old 2009-11-10, 04:56   Link #8
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

YGGDRA!

This /has/ to be made into an anime.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 08:37   Link #9
Chrono Helix

I was watching the trailer for the upcoming Yggdra Union game on the DS and I couldn't help but see Noda from GA Geijutsu Art Design Class as Pamela.
Old 2009-11-10, 08:44   Link #10
Cipher

I've always dreamed of my favorite JRPG transforming into animes.

1. Suikoden Series
2. Xenogears
3. Final Fantasy Tactics (loved the CGI on psp)
4. Megaman Legend
5. Brave Fencer Musashi
6. Golden Sun 1 2 3
...and that's about it.

Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 11:20   Link #11
Blanchimont

Mmhhhh....

Growlancer
Grandia 1
Lunar
Tales series ...if many of them hadn't already been animated ...still, would really like the first game released on ps1, Tales of Destiny, as an anime adaptation....
Vanguard Bandits (real gem on the original ps1, for anyone who managed to find it because it was pretty unknown...)

...And to echo Cipher: Golden Sun (Yeaih if it ever get's an adaptation (won't hold out hope though), for such a small game, it...packed...a...lot)
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 11:32   Link #12
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Fire Emblem, the one with Eliwood as the lead would also make a fabulous adaption with its mystical world of dragons and its likeable set of characters.
OMG yes! Although one of my personal favorites was the Sacred Stones and the more recent Dawn of Radiance and Radiant Dawn titles, but Fire Emblem in general is so story and character-heavy that it would make for a great anime. So many possibilities! Not to mention the fact that all the different game means there's potentially a lot of material to draw from.
Old 2009-11-10, 12:12   Link #13
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
OMG yes! Although one of my personal favorites was the Sacred Stones and the more recent Dawn of Radiance and Radiant Dawn titles, but Fire Emblem in general is so story and character-heavy that it would make for a great anime. So many possibilities! Not to mention the fact that all the different game means there's potentially a lot of material to draw from.
It might suffer from the same problem Bleach has where loads of good guys are brought in and none of them die.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 12:47   Link #14
Ansalem
Speaker

I'll take Chrono Cross please.

Then again it may be made somewhat difficult considering Serge doesn't talk and there are 45 playable characters...I'm sure they could figure something out.
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 14:04   Link #15
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Xenogears and Ar Tonelico for me too. If they are done right, all the fanboys of current shows will hide in shame.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 15:25   Link #16
Calca
Expressionless

Radiata Stories and Threads of Fate (Dewprism) would be very good candidates for this.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 16:46   Link #17
hinakatbklyn

Ar Tonelico is still current which could help in getting a series rather than an OVA. Chrono Cross and the Lunar series would be excellent choices but it has been years since those games came out. I do remember both RPGs but they would have to be alittle more current before deciding on an anime series.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 17:34   Link #18
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Atelier Iris series and the Shin Megami Tensei (specifically persona) are on top of my list for anime adaptions, regardless of the actual quality.
Old 2009-11-10, 21:03   Link #19
Kazu
Flowing

Persona,any of them,not that trinity soul crap
Old 2009-11-10, 21:44   Link #20
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
So all adaptations in any form are a failure from your POV?
I didn't say all, I said vast majority.