AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 32 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-30, 02:33   Link #21
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
PS: Why do people always Spoiler code comments about the episode in it's episode thread? Shouldn't one assume the Ep5 discussion thread has discussion about Ep5 in it? ;p
It's more of a courtesy shown toward the viewers who are waiting for a sub. Sensible posters at their best.
Old 2008-10-30, 02:45   Link #22
JediNight
キズランダム

I guess I'm more practical in the sense that I won't go into an episode discussion thread until I've watched the episode, because I know discussion of it will be going on. Why else would you be in the thread? ;D
Old 2008-10-30, 02:57   Link #23
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I guess I'm more practical in the sense that I won't go into an episode discussion thread until I've watched the episode, because I know discussion of it will be going on. Why else would you be in the thread? ;D
Absolutely. I hear you! I still appreciate any posters who is willing to show such courtesy.
Old 2008-10-30, 03:12   Link #24
JediNight
キズランダム

When it comes down to it I'm just lazy and hate having to type in spoiler code and click on spoiler buttons constantly in the discussion thread haha =X
Old 2008-10-30, 06:37   Link #25
Mandrake

just keep the spoilers till the subs are out, then it's free for all! XD
Old 2008-10-30, 07:19   Link #26
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Gave it an 8. This episode has greatly redeemed the series in my eyes after a couple of average episodes. Ami is a vastly interesting character, and her interactions with Taiga also rejuvenate her character as well. Plenty of humour, but the dog comments are seriously stale now.
Old 2008-10-30, 08:48   Link #27
mehmeh1068

Gave it a 10. Ami is just the type of evil character that the show needs. And I like the fried pork XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
Gave it an 8. This episode has greatly redeemed the series in my eyes after a couple of average episodes. Ami is a vastly interesting character, and her interactions with Taiga also rejuvenate her character as well. Plenty of humour, but the dog comments are seriously stale now.
Are the dog comments supposed to be funny anymore? I think it's just to show that Taiga still treats Ryuuji like she always does. If she didn't call him a dog, then we know that something is going on.

btw episode 5 has already been subbed.
Old 2008-10-30, 09:36   Link #28
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
This episode really put on the amusement factor. Considering scans aren't out up to this point, it's nice having a new experience.

Ami is a truly interesting character, so evil, and yet sooo awesome DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Old 2008-10-30, 09:47   Link #29
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

Minori's expression when she used the minori-detector was hilarious
Old 2008-10-30, 10:34   Link #30
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Kitamura Eri has played Ami exactly how she has been described, with both her cute klutzy side, and her obnoxious side well played out. She's supposed to be Taiga's "enemy", yet for some reason, I don't dislike her at all. Must be because she's the element that gets the gears moving. It's a joy to see her switch from her cute side to her evil side, I tell you.
Old 2008-10-30, 14:48   Link #31
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Great ep ! I guess Kitamura's ideals are all holy . Does he have a fetish for people unaccepted by others?

Ami was a pretty good character. I'm glad they didn't make us suffer with 10 eps of Ryuuji not knowing her true personality. It was kinda funny when they were getting the drinks from the vending machine. Even though he knew her true personality, he was still taken aback at how emotional she was getting. Should be interesting to see her and Taiga duke it out(with at some point, a Ryuuji moment smacking her down as well).

Still, the funniest moment was Minorin's shocked face. That just had me ballin' , she really knows how to make me laugh.
Old 2008-10-30, 15:33   Link #32
Tiran86

Excellent episode. Ami's a fun character and I'm glad she's finally gotten her introduction. Minori's reaction to Ryuuji's question was hysterical (it caught me totally off guard, I forgot that scene was coming).
Old 2008-10-30, 16:04   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
Excellent episode. Ami's a fun character and I'm glad she's finally gotten her introduction. Minori's reaction to Ryuuji's question was hysterical (it caught me totally off guard, I forgot that scene was coming).
Even knowing that was coming it was something else to see it in action . Love the class being completely shocked with Minorin having already returned to normal.

Ami is a pretty interesting character so far. Definitely pulls off the dual personality pretty well. Though you knew Taiga was going to snap and hit her at some point. Will see how things go with her. Good at least that Ryuugi knows what kind of personality she really has. Though even still you can get caught up in the outer Ami.

Not a bad episode for Ryuugi really. Only got icecream to the eyes, magazine being pushed forcefully into his face and getting hit by a pillow .
Old 2008-10-30, 16:05   Link #34
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

rather interesting ep. i actually liked Taiga's maturity in this ep.
Old 2008-10-30, 16:32   Link #35
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmeh1068 View Post
Gave it a 10. Ami is just the type of evil character that the show needs. And I like the fried pork XD

Are the dog comments supposed to be funny anymore? I think it's just to show that Taiga still treats Ryuuji like she always does. If she didn't call him a dog, then we know that something is going on.

btw episode 5 has already been subbed.
Taiga's use of "inu" (dog) sounds more like old habit now, there's no energy in it. If she dropped it completely, it would be some sort of admission.
Old 2008-10-30, 17:52   Link #36
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hey so apparently gg had to drop Toradora? Not sure. What subs are you guys gonna use now?
Old 2008-10-30, 18:05   Link #37
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Hey so apparently gg had to drop Toradora? Not sure. What subs are you guys gonna use now?
Not "had to". "Chose to". (The whole C&D thing is a troll, as you'll see if you go to Koda's blog. [the "Serious Business" one].) Apparently nobody except for the translator thinks it's a good show or likes it (I don't really get why, but whatever), so GG's dropped it and the TLer, ilifin, has apparently taken his work on it to a different group (not CoalGuys, apparently, but some other currently-unknown group).
Old 2008-10-30, 18:12   Link #38
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I normally been dl'ing Aero's fansub. My pc is old, and I'm guessing the way gg encodes it is a bit too much for my pc to handle, since the audio seems to lag at times. I know CoalGuy released Toradora 5 before anyone else, but I still waited for Aero's. Their translation feels better anyway. Never understood why multiple fansub groups waste their time doing a show thats being done by someone else.

Also want to add that Kitamura is doing a poor job at showing everyone Ami's true nature >.>. Or was he, in fact, showing Ryuuji so that Ryuuji will accept Ami for who she is, with the hope that Ryuuji will gravitate toward Ami so he[Kitamura] can steal Ryuuji's role as a good friend of Taiga?

And Taiga waiting for Ryuuji after school?!? Is it to show a smidge of [friendly] affection? Or was it simply a plot device to have Ami and Taiga meet?
Old 2008-10-30, 18:15   Link #39
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Also want to add that Kitamura is doing a poor job at showing everyone Ami's true nature >.>. Or was he, in fact, showing Ryuuji so that Ryuuji will accept Ami for who she is, with the hope that Ryuuji will gravitate toward Ami so he[Kitamura] can steal Ryuuji's role as a good friend of Taiga?
No, no, he's just making Ryuuji and Taiga do the dirty work of getting her to reveal her inner self to people.
Old 2008-10-30, 18:26   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I normally been dl'ing Aero's fansub. My pc is old, and I'm guessing the way gg encodes it is a bit too much for my pc to handle, since the audio seems to lag at times. I know CoalGuy released Toradora 5 before anyone else, but I still waited for Aero's. Their translation feels better anyway. Never understood why multiple fansub groups waste their time doing a show thats being done by someone else.

And Taiga waiting for Ryuuji after school?!? Is it to show a smidge of [friendly] affection? Or was it simply a plot device to have Ami and Taiga meet?
Its good to have several groups doing a show, particularly if the translators are using different principles in translating.

Aye, after reading the comments on the gg site, I'm not surprised they dropped it. Better to take the noble exit rather than being asshats with the subtitles.

I'm currently using Aero for now but plan on reviewing the other groups (Paradym?) as well. So far, Aero has been fairly literal without sounding too awkward in the phrasing. Seems like they've missed a pun/reference or two though.