AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-01, 21:31   Link #501
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The only answer your gonna get... is a slap!
Seriously don't do it unless you like being slapped.
Old 2010-09-15, 22:49   Link #502
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Sorry to bother with such a tribial question but someone ask me to post this on another forum

When on chapter 2, Index told touma a esper cant cast spells, she mention that espers would disrupt the magic.

I point that at that time Index was refering to Touma Imagen breaker, but he insist she is refering that a esper beign close disrupt and posible cancel magic, I know this is posible with a very very strong AIM field, Darkwing Accelerator or Fuze, and I point that Etzali has been close to misaka and posible a good deal of the people from Tokidaiwa, so what do you guys think?

If you want to know why the question is because he issist pre darkwing accelerator can cancel EA of Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay night with his aim.
Old 2010-09-15, 22:57   Link #503
tsunade666

It just mean that Tokiwadai are nothing to be fear. Even Etzali made contact with Misaka and stalking her for a week already but Etzali doesn't feel a thing.

And if you compare that on the time when Group are together. Etzali and Tsuchimikado are weary of Accelerator even though they are friends and comrades in arms. And it's not that they are enemies with each other. It's just that the sheer presence of Accelerator would threaten your average and strong mage. Considering how strong Etzali and Tsuchimikado are to be aware of Accelerator.
Old 2010-09-15, 23:07   Link #504
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I am aware of that, the problem I have here is what do you think is the meaning that Index was trying to give that touma couldnt do magic because his esper power would interfer with the spell, he would die, or that the right hand would stop the magic

And if Pre darkwing accelerator AIM field is strong enough to dispel the blast from EA
Old 2010-09-15, 23:43   Link #505
tsunade666

the right hand would destroy it. His a level 0. We had seen another level 0 cast a spell but only ended up almost dead but still can cast magic.

Aleister said that level 0 are considered normal people because they can't use esper abilities but even if they are level 0 that doesn't mean their brains aren't altered for esper abilities to be used so they can't still use magic because their heads would blow up. If I compare it to AIM. Level 0 probably doesn't emit any AIM or if they can it would be toooooo weak to be measured by the machine hence they are level 0. Or they just don't have AIM field yet...... hmm now I'm confused.

Do you guys think that a level 0 has an AIM field too?
Old 2010-09-16, 00:36   Link #506
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Even a Level 0 has an AIM field, otherwise Tsuchimikado wouldn't be affected when he cast magic.

@Phibrizzo

Index was refering to Espers in general that can't do magic.

Touma assume it was because of his hand, but Index corrected him by saying that Espers in general can't do magic.

It's not impossible that Mikoto's AIM field didn't affect Etzali, but it's probably not going to be something visible. Even with Accelerator, all he felt was discomfort.
Old 2010-09-16, 00:45   Link #507
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Correct but the person I am argue say that even a lvl 0 AIM field can screw a caster (mage).
Old 2010-09-16, 08:30   Link #508
tsunade666

huh level 0 AIM field could screw a mage? I'm not sure.

And if a level 0 doesn't have an AIM field then why does the capacity down didn't effect them? Because they are already level 0 the lowest level?
Old 2010-09-16, 08:55   Link #509
Shad

So for example in a spell like the Angel Invocation of the 3rd chapter, do you think that a LVL 0 esper presence wouldnt affect the angel invotacion?

In the capacity down case, the lvl 0 would go to LVL -1?
Old 2010-09-16, 11:05   Link #510
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Correct but the person I am argue say that even a lvl 0 AIM field can screw a caster (mage).
well, this guy should go and re-read index, specifically volumes 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 20 and 21...

and Ea rips apart reality....there's nothing accelerator could do about that, really...
Old 2010-09-17, 03:39   Link #511
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
So for example in a spell like the Angel Invocation of the 3rd chapter, do you think that a LVL 0 esper presence wouldnt affect the angel invotacion?
Affect... How?

If every other Lv0 can affect spells just by being somewhere around then the magicians might as well just pack up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
In the capacity down case, the lvl 0 would go to LVL -1?
Whaat?!

Capacity Down does not lower your Level.
Old 2010-10-13, 11:08   Link #512
lelouch5203

Where can find Misaka Mikoto's(Toaru Kagaku no railgun) window 7 theme pack??

Where can find Misaka Mikoto's(Toaru Kagaku no railgun) window 7 theme pack??
I hope hv any1 can giv me the website..i like Misaka a lot..hehe
Old 2010-10-24, 16:40   Link #513
ellifeedn
Thinker

I've heard of this series of short stories about Kanzaki and a mini-novel involving the characters of the railgun spinoff that were included in the DVD releases of both series. Are they in canon with the light novels?
Old 2010-10-24, 18:15   Link #514
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I've heard of this series of short stories about Kanzaki and a mini-novel involving the characters of the railgun spinoff that were included in the DVD releases of both series. Are they in canon with the light novels?
Ah, if I'm not mistaken, I hear that the Kanzaki short story happens after the Angel Fall arc.

For the Railgun spinoff, it supposedly happens during the events of volume 7.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-29, 23:05   Link #515
Fandal

From the current episodes of the anime, without spoiling too much from the novels, will Misaka, Kuroko, and Uiharu catch up to the rest of the cast of Index in terms of "experience" level?

It looks like Misaka is the furthest with the Sisters arc but even then, she's way behind Touma in terms of plot power. Kuroko and Uiharu is even further behind than Misaka.
Old 2010-10-29, 23:12   Link #516
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
From the current episodes of the anime, without spoiling too much from the novels, will Misaka, Kuroko, and Uiharu ever going to catch up to the cast of Index in terms of "experience" level?

It looks like Misaka is the furthest with the Sisters arc but even then, she's way behind Touma in terms of plot power. Kuroko and Uiharu is even further behind than Misaka.
Kuroko and Uiharu have very... 'Limited' roles in INDEX. That's not to say they won't have a part to play during the Science incidents, it's just... 'Limited'. >.>
Old 2010-10-29, 23:22   Link #517
Miraluka
Banned

The point is that they're involved more as victims rather than protagonists.
Old 2010-10-29, 23:34   Link #518
Fandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The point is that they're involved more as victims rather than protagonists.
Ouch, this pretty much explains what I though would happen if they kept following the slow growth curve they are in right now.

How about Misaka's growth? It looks like that spear girl who I don't know anything about except everyone says she's important has a bigger growth curve then Misaka at the moment.
Old 2010-10-29, 23:37   Link #519
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Ouch, this pretty much explains what I though would happen if they kept following the slow growth curve they are in right now.

How about Misaka's growth? It looks like that spear girl who I don't know anything about has a bigger growth curve then Misaka at the moment.
Without any spoilers, and depending who you ask, I would say... She will have her moments.

As does Misaka.
Old 2010-10-30, 20:00   Link #520
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so just a question: who are the level 5s in the city? Misaka, Accelerator, then who else?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a