AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-02-23, 14:25   Link #3941
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

At least each new chapter summary is always good for a laugh (a laugh which, granted, gets increasingly insane as the chapters increase. But a laugh)
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:20   Link #3942
Aldaeus

Uhh what is Sumisawa smoking... and where can I get some of it? Also... cross-dressing Doktor S... *Shiver*

Pumpkin tanks... >.> Where are the god damn gate keepers who are supposed to be checking this stuff before it gets put out? I'd like them to have a conversation with my baseball bat...

Also Robin Hood references now... Really... I swear to god if he brings in Father Maxwell (Episode Zero one from Duo's chapter) as Friar Tuck... I'm gonna fly to Japan, and ask him if he's been drinking some radioactive water that's screwing with his head any more than normal...

Though Heero starting his speech with "Shut up, old man..." I find remarkably bold, and rather a good way to put off an audience...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:23   Link #3943
Tendou Souji

I was hoping being on break for the past few months would allow them to reevaluate this and start showing off some Mobile Suits. But instead we get more storybook time with random things happening. If they would just drop the whole fleshing out the back story stuff it would be alright but this is too much. Cross dressing scientists is where I'm going to have to draw the line. I don't know what they were smoking but this is too much.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 17:01   Link #3944
susyia

just a sweet transvestite....from Transexual.. Transylvania..
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 01:19   Link #3945
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
At least each new chapter summary is always good for a laugh (a laugh which, granted, gets increasingly insane as the chapters increase. But a laugh)
You know, it was a good "WTF was he thinking" laugh, but now it's just a nervous, uncomfortable laugh.

It looks like everyone is drawing the line here with Trany S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
just a sweet transvestite....from Transexual.. Transylvania..
LOL!!!!! My side is hurting so much now!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 02:00   Link #3946
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Now Sumizawa is torpedoing the flashbacks? Unbelievable...

I can almost guarantee some random connection to this Shergold guy will be made down the road.
Old 2012-02-24, 04:58   Link #3947
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
You know, it was a good "WTF was he thinking" laugh, but now it's just a nervous, uncomfortable laugh.
HAHA, I know, same here. I'm just waiting for the next chapter, where Noin comes out and admits she's Alice in Wonderland and she's starting a war against Robin Hood because Snow White's stepmom lost the key to her chastity belt and the situation has apparently become "intolerable".
Old 2012-02-24, 22:31   Link #3948
shinryuzero

I've been browsing this forum for some time now and what really piqued my interest is this particular post of GW:FT. I'm actually been a part of another forum that also discusses FT and about Sumikawa's... Work... Anyway I finally decided to post somethings here that I didn't find quite right from what the other poster here understands of FT... Well after reading almost 200 pages of post here. Anyway let me start now based from what I do understand from FT.

1. Sank Kingdom Pacifism.

Notably I choose to discuss this first. There are misconception about Pacifism here that Relena of GW wants and the Pacifism that the previous Sank Kingdom wants. First let us look at Sumikawa's work on FT. The Previous Sank Kingdom has a small army, Has a former Activist married to the Royal family and we got a Royal Princess Driving a Mobile Suit named Wyvern. Now people who watched or read the GW before FT might say "WTF?! Isn't Sank a Pacifist Nation??? Why do they have an Army etch.??? Sumikawa is (insert emotional comment here) GW!". Well actually Sumikawa isn't wrong about that setup although it might really be confusing to most people.

Pacifism is in general whole a view of going against any kind of war or force, Generally that's the common case in religious view. But Pacifism is also a spectrum of views, meaning that there are actually forms of Pacifism in which if you research it, you will know Sumikawa wasn't actually wrong in her setup of past Sank Kingdom having an army. Relena want's "Absolute Pacifism" this is the kind of Pacifism that literally won't fight back. Past Sank Kingdom is a more Contingent pacifism. Contingent pacifism may accept the permissibility or even necessity of war in some circumstances and reject it in others, while Absolute Pacifism will always and everywhere reject war and violence.

So having that Past Scenario of the Sank Kingdom isn't really far fetched.

2. Katherine Oud Winner

Really people are making a real fuss about this. Yes she is a "Spare Part", but I don't get why people are so against her being female. She's a clone, doesn't matter what her gender is. But for arguments sake, I would say that "Maybe" the reason for this is very obvious. If you look at the Winner Family, you would notice that the head is always... A Male. Females in that family are very submissive and loving of their "Brother" Quattre (I'm looking at the angle from what I see in Quattre's standpoint here). Why not clone a male? Frankly speaking if you actually base it of some manga/anime where male clones are rampant the rebellion issue for the original will be high. Also the fact that there can only be one Heir to the family (in which it is a Male although even in GW it was not said a Female cannot be a Heir but base from having all this spare parts we might conclude that Males must always be the Heir) a "Male Clone" might stir trouble in the future. Another factor to think of is this. When talking about "Spare Parts" it means that vital organs such as the heart kidney and stuff... A Female will most likely to have a healthier organ to donate than a male coz females tend to try to be as healthy (or should I just say figure cautious...?) than males tend to, By creating a Female Clone, willingness to give, coz of a loving nature (more directed to Quattre in this case) and a healthy life style it is a win-win situation for the Heir of the Winners (God I really want to make a pun out of this).

3. Past imperfect.

FT has more past point views that I can imagine. Trying to connect almost everyone from anyone may kinda be annoying but then again, I do praise Sumikawa from trying. Why you may ask? Sumikawa may have been booted out as a writer from the original, but given that it doesn't mean she sucks at writing.

The problem is inside Bandai. Heck if Bandai had the power to interfere with Tomino's script of V Gundam, which lead Tomino to actually Hate ( or Loath) Bandai what's more is it with Sumika? Bandai has this problem of always not going to the writers story phase and rushing to launch to the "Gundam" parts in order to sell their products. Hence Tomino hated V Gundam for that. Blame Bandai.

Whats the connection with FT's Bizzare past? Simple. If you think about it, if Sumikawa wasn't booted out, we might have seen this "FT's Past" as standard and acceptable. Why? coz she's the freaking writer of the whole script from start to finish. The trouble was she wasn't and accepting the next half of what she previously wrote will really be hard but not really unacceptable. Actually when I read FT (I have to re read it many times to properly understood it) I've decided to re-read manga's of wing including Episode Zero (Supposed to be it was to be a part of the main anime series but was cancelled so it only came-up in manga). I do find somethings contradicting and questionable but some of it if look upon a different angle makes sense. Bizzare it may seem when I read both some of it do make sense. Although it gives me more questions than answer it does pique my interest to a point that makes me think and makes me want to read what the writer may do.

4. Clones and other Bizzare things in FT.

Ok this is what made me say... "WTF is this??? Is this influenced by SeeD???"... Yup Clones. Really the people look like they are carbon copy of the original. Makes you wanna say that the artist just thought "What the heck, I just turn (Insert name here of character) in to a girl!" something in the lines like that .

But then again who am I to argue with the artist? First this isn't the first time we've seen clones or look alike in the GW series heck in the entire Gundam Franchise. People just like to be picky (Well most people) about what happens to a "Favorite Series". Fact is having some clones or having look alike is common than we could think and we some how accept it. So having a Duo jr., A walking Nanotech Zechs or something bizzare (Or even more) really isn't surprising to me anymore. To each his/her own is what I like to say.

5. Relena.

This I will be brief coz I don't want any spoilers to said here as it may ruin the FT experience for those who haven't read it or is just in the early chapters. But there is a reason why Relena is this kind of Relena that some Love or Hate, not the Relena of the past that Heck you either Love or Hate. This is something to do with the whole Cryogenics part. This also happened to Heero but it's safe to assume Heero's awakening may have been more "Carefully Initiated" than Relena. Just think of the side effects.

Ok. This are just my some of my views of FT and the things that I've read from the comments of the people of this forum. I just want to clarify that FT isn't that bad and I would like to note that FT is a novel that is much harder to translate. Reason being that Unlike Manga, Japanese Novels tend to use more words that has no equivalent to the western tongue. Most people believe that what is translated to the western language is at most accurate. The problem is when a translator encounters words or phrases that has actually no counter part word in the western tongue. They are forced to use the nearest equivalent of the word that most of the time it kills the meaning of it or the entire story itself. Hence the high scrutiny.

I'm not saying Sumikawa's work is good or bad. But I do not say she's entirely wrong with her work. What makes a good writer is the fact that people will keep on reading his/her work. If Sumikawa's work is that bad then it wouldn't get published in the first place. Sure who knows it maybe cancelled in the future but then again people still keeps on reading it has various arguments about it.

One can say your already hook to the work or else you should have stopped reading it already. But then as I said above "To each his/her own" meaning what you think is not good to you may not be for others. Frankly speaking I'm still skeptical about FT but in the other hand I'm still interested in it. As long as it twist my mind in trying to find answers, picking my interest then I'll still read it. But if the work actually starts becoming redundant like a play that you will know what the heck would happen then I'll stop reading it. No use in trying to read something you already know what might happen.

Anyway this is just my point of view and I do hope I didn't insult anyone. If I did offended someone you have my sincere apology and I assure you I wasn't intending to offend you. Thank you.
shinryuzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 01:02   Link #3949
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

@Deacon Blues:
Perhaps they thought reference dropping to events and names would be neat little throwbacks to the original series? This is... wow.

Also, nanomachines.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 08:01   Link #3950
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
- Although disguising as a woman is a mans hobby, the figure is a younger Doktor S who develops the Heavyarms and Prometheus.

- Katerina sees the Pumpkin Tanks and exclaims "Then tonight I'm Cendrillon!"
- Cendrillon (Lightning Queen Katrina) arrives on the battlefield called "Endless Waltz" with the pumpkin tanks provided by Sorcière.

Turns out people were right. FT is no fanfic. It's a crackfic. And thanks to the horrid image of Doktor S dressed as a beautiful woman, I now need brain bleach...

How exactly did we go from badass characters who're busting Ozzie and space nazi butt (which I belatedly noticed ) to senseless plot line and, uh, drag???
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 08:53   Link #3951
rereremo

Sorry but I'm new here ,may I ask if there is a specific place where you find translations or at least summaries to the chapters of this novel? I mean ,I can see from the previous posts that many of you are bothered by the last chapter ,which means you read it or its summary!

I searched everywhere on the internet ,I couldn't even find except very old things!
I was also trying to find a newly-edited list of the chapters titles but none! Can someone provide me with that too?

BIG NOTE: I don't read Japanese!!!
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 10:18   Link #3952
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post

Turns out people were right. FT is no fanfic. It's a crackfic. And thanks to the horrid image of Doktor S dressed as a beautiful woman, I now need brain bleach...

How exactly did we go from badass characters who're busting Ozzie and space nazi butt (which I belatedly noticed ) to senseless plot line and, uh, drag???
Oh. No.

I had *hoped* that things will make sense sooner or later but that was just...

:|

I can't take it anymore.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 14:55   Link #3953
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Someone should open a FT survivor self-help group.

Really.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:34   Link #3954
DuoRanger
Banned

"i decree a Counter FT story, with Duo and Heero disguiced as Beavis and Butt-Head while relena and noin are dancing on a Pole Strip!"

now it's easy to know why he was kicked out from the Dev Team
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 22:42   Link #3955
CmmdrRosh
Gray Jedi

For one, I personally wouldn't mind the pole strip......

But in all seriousness, this damned thing needs to be banished to the furthest abyss
CmmdrRosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 01:46   Link #3956
Mareike

Random thought:

Maybe that's why Doktor S wears a nose piece... he must have wanted to look more womanly and had a surgery and ended up with a messed up nose.

... >_>
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 05:38   Link #3957
rereremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rereremo View Post
Sorry but I'm new here ,may I ask if there is a specific place where you find translations or at least summaries to the chapters of this novel? I mean ,I can see from the previous posts that many of you are bothered by the last chapter ,which means you read it or its summary!

I searched everywhere on the internet ,I couldn't even find except very old things!
I was also trying to find a newly-edited list of the chapters titles but none! Can someone provide me with that too?

BIG NOTE: I don't read Japanese!!!
Would someone answer me ,please?! Besides ,I'm going to ask about EW the glory of the defeated too!

Last edited by rereremo; 2012-02-28 at 06:09.
Old 2012-02-28, 08:17   Link #3958
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rereremo View Post
Would someone answer me ,please?! Besides ,I'm going to ask about EW the glory of the defeated too!
Dude... they were doing you a favour ignoring you. Take a hint. I also think asking for this breaks some rules. So does providing. So we don't provide.

Deacon Blues is posting summaries on here as you can see by skimming the thread. And btw a google search delivers in 0.20 seconds. Try it.
Old 2012-02-28, 08:23   Link #3959
rereremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Dude... they were doing you a favour ignoring you. Take a hint. I also think asking for this breaks some rules. So does providing. So we don't provide.

Deacon Blues is posting summaries on here as you can see by skimming the thread. And btw a google search delivers in 0.20 seconds. Try it.
What exactly did you write in google search? because I wrote everything came into my mind & couldn't find a thing!

Besides ,what do you mean by "they were doing you a favour ignoring you" ? If it's about the last chapter being bad ,I'd prefer to know it's bad better than not knowing anything at all!
You see ,calling the characters by numbers was strange , so I knew at the moment that something wrong with the author ,still I adore Gundam wing! & when I read the character description of FT on wikia , it was a proof of that "something wrong". Still ,I'd like to know what is going on ,at least to be able to get angry like you.

Edit: I didn't see your warning "Take a hint. I also think asking for this breaks some rules. So does providing. So we don't provide." except after rereading the post. Sorry about that!

Last edited by rereremo; 2012-02-28 at 11:24.
Old 2012-02-28, 08:46   Link #3960
Yesman
PMS Avenger

I'll Just leave this here if anybody is curious.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing