Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 05:07   Link #321
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
So I have been reading this for quite a while and...

An Object is just a ball with A LOT of wave-motion gun on it?

Even though it doesn't make a lot of sense to be the ultimate weapon,that kinda interesting

The orb-sharp seem to be pretty universal though there are some design difference like having extended legs or three different orb making up it's main body. The circular design seem to have the purpose of 'deflecting' incoming rounds, similar to how modern tanks have angular designs. There's also something they call an 'Onion Armor', judging by it's name I'm guessing the Object is wrapped in several layers of that armor, making it harder to penetrate.... And easier to maintain.

Different Objects have different main guns; the more commonly used ones seem to be a Railgun or a Laser cannon. Then there's some unique ones like the low-stability plasma cannon. But that's just the MAIN gun; there are several dozen to a hundred smaller cannons made up of different weapons like Anti-air, Anti-personnel lasers etc.... Though those are ineffective against other Objects.

Aside from it's overwhelming firepower and high defense capability, the reason why Objects are insanely powerful is because of their unholy movement speed. For something that is 200 000 ton in weight, their average speed is in excess of 300kph in a duel with another Object... That's faster than a sports car. Their top speed is around 500 kph.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 05:31   Link #322
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The orb-sharp seem to be pretty universal though there are some design difference like having extended legs or three different orb making up it's main body. The circular design seem to have the purpose of 'deflecting' incoming rounds, similar to how modern tanks have angular designs. There's also something they call an 'Onion Armor', judging by it's name I'm guessing the Object is wrapped in several layers of that armor, making it harder to penetrate.... And easier to maintain.

Different Objects have different main guns; the more commonly used ones seem to be a Railgun or a Laser cannon. Then there's some unique ones like the low-stability plasma cannon. But that's just the MAIN gun; there are several dozen to a hundred smaller cannons made up of different weapons like Anti-air, Anti-personnel lasers etc.... Though those are ineffective against other Objects.

Aside from it's overwhelming firepower and high defense capability, the reason why Objects are insanely powerful is because of their unholy movement speed. For something that is 200 000 ton in weight, their average speed is in excess of 300kph in a duel with another Object... That's faster than a sports car. Their top speed is around 500 kph.
Well,I be damned,the author has exact idea as mine in term of ultimate land war machine.Inertia nullifier in 20 to 40 meters mecha=A bunch of BIGGUNs on legs with speed of up to several kilometers per second.

Also,the dependency on the Object really annoy me,a ENTIRE base is dedicated to just one(or two if possible) object.A battle is automatically lost when the Object goes down.Then again,the Object probably cost a lot(Probably billions just for maintenance and repair)
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 05:46   Link #323
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well,I be damned,the author has exact idea as mine in term of ultimate land war machine.Inertia nullifier in 20 to 40 meters mecha=A bunch of BIGGUNs on legs with speed of up to several kilometers per second.
Actually there isn't much of an 'inertia nullifier', during one scene later on when the protagonist find himself inside the cockpit of an Object, the G-forces alone was enough to put him on the edge of death. The Elite pilots themselves have some special suit as well as training and treatment to deal with the inertia but normal humans would die trying to pilot it.... Or just sitting in it.

Oh, and most Objects don't have legs, it wouldn't be able to support it's massive weight- They seem to use Air cushion or Static electricity to maneuver.

Apparently weight is an issue, but power source isn't.

Quote:
Also,the dependency on the Object really annoy me,a ENTIRE base is dedicated to just one(or two if possible) object.A battle is automatically lost when the Object goes down.Then again,the Object probably cost a lot(Probably billions just for maintenance and repair)
5 billion dollars and three years to build, this doesn't include how many years it would take to train an Elite to pilot it.

Essentially in a head on battle, nothing except for another Object has the firepower to take on an Object. Anything else is worse than a folder. That is to say, everybody have that one Gundam Freedom- It doesn't matter how many Zaku or Gouf you also have, only a Freedom can fight a Freedom and you'll just be sacrificing people for nothing.

At least, for an HEAD ON battle.
Old 2012-09-08, 06:04   Link #324
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Actually there isn't much of an 'inertia nullifier', during one scene later on when the protagonist find himself inside the cockpit of an Object, the G-forces alone was enough to put him on the edge of death. The Elite pilots themselves have some special suit as well as training and treatment to deal with the inertia but normal humans would die trying to pilot it.... Or just sitting in it.

Oh, and most Objects don't have legs, it wouldn't be able to support it's massive weight- They seem to use Air cushion or Static electricity to maneuver.

Apparently weight is an issue, but power source isn't.

5 billion dollars and three years to build, this doesn't include how many years it would take to train an Elite to pilot it.

Essentially in a head on battle, nothing except for another Object has the firepower to take on an Object. Anything else is worse than a folder. That is to say, everybody have that one Gundam Freedom- It doesn't matter how many Zaku or Gouf you also have, only a Freedom can fight a Freedom and you'll just be sacrificing people for nothing.

At least, for an HEAD ON battle.
Sorry about that,that just me describing the ownage mecha from my story-verse.

5 billions dollars for something this hax?

If money in future somehow got higher value that make sense,but a weapon this hax would cost TRILLIONS in modern world

Even carrier,WHICH HAS NO GUNS THAT CAN HARM ANOTHER CARRIER costs 17 billions dollar

The author must have underestimated how much budget is needed for war machine.
Old 2012-09-08, 06:26   Link #325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Sorry about that,that just me describing the ownage mecha from my story-verse.
Ahh got it.

Quote:
5 billions dollars for something this hax?

If money in future somehow got higher value that make sense,but a weapon this hax would cost TRILLIONS in modern world

Even carrier,WHICH HAS NO GUNS THAT CAN HARM ANOTHER CARRIER costs 17 billions dollar

The author must have underestimated how much budget is needed for war machine.

Well it is still smaller than an Aircraft Carrier so it uses less material.

I don't know about currency though- The four different factions have dozen of other nations in each of them... Though for the Kingdom, it sounds like their main country is the UK so pounds?
Old 2012-09-08, 06:43   Link #326
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Well it is still smaller than an Aircraft Carrier so it uses less material.

I don't know about currency though- The four different factions have dozen of other nations in each of them... Though for the Kingdom, it sounds like their main country is the UK so pounds?
It would be annoying to have such an high value money,they probably need half a penny to buy bread

Also,the heaviest aircraft carrier is twice as light as the Object you mentioned

(After a bunch of editing)
Okay....so apparently an object weight several dozens tons only...I need to stop thinking about real world logic now or else I might explode with logic bomb...

(After another editing)
Okay...erm...someone seems to have translation problem here...so a HEAVY object do weigh a lot...

Last edited by Dragonkid11; 2012-09-08 at 10:49.
Old 2012-09-08, 10:51   Link #327
XFire
150% done

Quote:
So I have been reading this for quite a while and...

An Object is just a ball with A LOT of wave-motion gun on it?

Even though it doesn't make a lot of sense to be the ultimate weapon,that kinda interesting
The Baby Magnum is a ball with seven wave motion guns, more than a hundred "smaller" guns, each of which could detroy a bunker, armor that could stop a nuke, and it can move hundreds of miles per hour.

Most of the other Objects are significantly more powerful.
Old 2012-09-08, 13:21   Link #328
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

(After a bunch of editing)
Okay....so apparently an object weight several dozens tons only...I need to stop thinking about real world logic now or else I might explode with logic bomb...

(After another editing)
Okay...erm...someone seems to have translation problem here...so a HEAVY object do weigh a lot...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean the number 200 000 tons is something that is constantly reminded each volume, nay, almost each chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
The Baby Magnum is a ball with seven wave motion guns, more than a hundred "smaller" guns, each of which could detroy a bunker, armor that could stop a nuke, and it can move hundreds of miles per hour.

Most of the other Objects are significantly more powerful.
Not more powerful- but more specialized.
Old 2012-09-08, 21:49   Link #329
ZeKeR
Superbad

and I think one of the only ballistics it can have are the railguns (Gauss, please enlighten us with your expertise plox) and possibly shell type cannons. LSPC's are possibly energy based, but I still want to know if Heivia will soon be issued a man-sized variant of plasma weaponry.
Old 2012-09-08, 21:59   Link #330
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
and I think one of the only ballistics it can have are the railguns (Gauss, please enlighten us with your expertise plox) and possibly shell type cannons. LSPC's are possibly energy based, but I still want to know if Heivia will soon be issued a man-sized variant of plasma weaponry.
I doubt it; Kamachi should know that lethal hand-held direct energy weapons are too impractical.

Question, can a Railgun be fired in an arc if it's slow enough? Putting aside the Break Barrier, it's weird that the designers never saw the need to equip Objects with missiles for non-line of sight targets.... It's not like it's feasible to blast holes through mountains every time.
Old 2012-09-08, 22:09   Link #331
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
I doubt it; Kamachi should know that lethal hand-held direct energy weapons are too impractical.

Question, can a Railgun be fired in an arc if it's slow enough? Putting aside the Break Barrier, it's weird that the designers never saw the need to equip Objects with missiles for non-line of sight targets.... It's not like it's feasible to blast holes through mountains every time.
I dunno the specifics of that, but since the railgun projectile I know doesn't have any gunpowder, it may very well lose its kinetic energy and fall like a rock, unless the inert shell has this gyroscopic corrector and stored kinetic energy within the projectile, then there.

also....

Quenser, you DO realize your woman troubles won't go away and you have this "smooth criminal" vibe, right?
Old 2012-09-08, 22:43   Link #332
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Missiles are useless against Objects because several of the hundred smaller weapons are lasers. They can shoot down nearly any number of missiles before they can get close. Also, nothing but a main cannon class can actually harm a Object through its armor, and a missile of that magnitude would be a nuke.
Old 2012-09-08, 22:59   Link #333
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Missiles are useless against Objects because several of the hundred smaller weapons are lasers. They can shoot down nearly any number of missiles before they can get close. Also, nothing but a main cannon class can actually harm a Object through its armor, and a missile of that magnitude would be a nuke.
That's in an Object vs Object scenario, but clearly despite what the higher ups are trying to convince people, humans and small vehicles are still in the game and they don't always appear in an Object's line-of-sight.
Old 2012-09-08, 23:17   Link #334
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
That's in an Object vs Object scenario, but clearly despite what the higher ups are trying to convince people, humans and small vehicles are still in the game and they don't always appear in an Object's line-of-sight.
In theory, a small specialized team can down an object through infiltration like what quenser did. Of course it requires massive amounts of luck, but i think it is practical to implode the core mechanics of an object or kill/cap the elite
Old 2012-09-08, 23:21   Link #335
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
In theory, a small specialized team can down an object through infiltration like what quenser did. Of course it requires massive amounts of luck, but i think it is practical to implode the core mechanics of an object or kill/cap the elite
That's most likely the way to go- Pretty much half of Quenser's victories involve hitting the Object during maintenance, and one time targeting the Elite.

Quenser and Heivia might be the only ones dumb/crazy enough to take on an Object and make a plan on the fly.
Old 2012-09-08, 23:37   Link #336
Miraluka
Banned

Part 6 updated by Js06.

PS: I couldn't help mysefl and got all the way to read chinesse summaries for Shi no Saiten, its so bloody awesome as it seems to be. Now we need Shi-chan meeting Qwenser and things (Objects included) will automatically blow up by themselves due to the awesomeness overload, it will be like the Accelerator meets Touma teasings Toaru fans got various volumes until vol.20 .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 23:57   Link #337
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Part 6 updated by Js06.

PS: I couldn't help mysefl and got all the way to read chinesse summaries for Shi no Saiten, its so bloody awesome as it seems to be. Now we need Shi-chan meeting Qwenser and things (Objects included) will automatically blow up by themselves due to the awesomeness overload, it will be like the Accelerator meets Touma teasings Toaru fans got various volumes until vol.20 .
Shi-chan? You mean like how Miranda is Princess, so that's Mariydi's nickname?
Old 2012-09-09, 00:01   Link #338
Miraluka
Banned

I'm just starting with those summaries, by Shi I meant Shiro... White... Whitewitch xD.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 19:08   Link #339
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Part 7-9 have been updated....

I'm sorry Heivia, even though this is finally your big moment to shine I can't give much of a Damn because something very INCREDIBLE is about to happen to Quenser !!

(Well thats not entirely true, we get to see the Ohoho's father...)

Speaking of the Ohoho, it looks like her and the Princess are destined to be eternal rivals one way or the other and by extension, so will their commanders
Old 2012-09-09, 19:24   Link #340
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Part 7-9 have been updated....

I'm sorry Heivia, even though this is finally your big moment to shine I can't give much of a Damn because something very INCREDIBLE is about to happen to Quenser !!

(Well thats not entirely true, we get to see the Ohoho's father...)

Speaking of the Ohoho, it looks like her and the Princess are destined to be eternal rivals one way or the other and by extension, so will their commanders
Thanks for the spoiler. Now we all know who is that guy's daughter

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen