AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-06, 08:20   Link #7941
arkhangelsk

A cool, badass poster yes, but entirely the wrong mood. Everything and everyone is so sweet and cute. It is the first time I tried to take screen captures of an opposing mob, not just Oarai
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 08:26   Link #7942
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Miho's complete disregard for her personal safety was pretty evident in the past, but the new OVA was at a whole other level when she ordered the History team to use her tank as target practice... at a distance where they couldn't be certain to avoid killing her. And all with her sticking her full body out of the hatch. This picture was complete when she gave a face of disapproval when the shell went wildly wide and went right over her head.
Old 2014-07-06, 08:42   Link #7943
arkhangelsk

Spoiler:
Old 2014-07-06, 08:49   Link #7944
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 08:57   Link #7945
arkhangelsk

Spoiler:
Old 2014-07-06, 11:20   Link #7946
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This picture was complete when she gave a face of disapproval when the shell went wildly wide and went right over her head.
Yeah, that was the first one. The second one was when the P40 tried to shoot the Panzer IV at the cliff, with the shell going past Miho's head at a very uncomfortable distance. And she doesn't even react to it.

Damn Miho, you a total badass.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 11:32   Link #7947
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She's been shot at by tanks since she was at least 10 years old. Probably younger. She has more experiance than most World War II tankers.
Old 2014-07-06, 11:41   Link #7948
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

My respect for Anchovy increases a hundred-fold now. I wasn't expecting her to be that graceful a loser, but when that was the case, I was very happy: good sportsmanship is indeed the cornerstone of Girls und Panzer. It turns out they now have a reason to have missed the final battle, too; I'm glad they didn't miss it purposefully. Also, where's willx and sumeragi? They're missing all the fun

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2022-02-17 at 15:42.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 13:15   Link #7949
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That the History team attempts to hit at such a range, misses, and then is instantly hit by Hana's shot, is somehow telling.

Though all things aside, it seems like a good time to update the "kill" counter for Ooaria's teams during matches with other schools.

Spoiler for Full total including the Anzio OVA:

Let me know if I missed any. I was mostly going by memory and clips.
Old 2014-07-06, 13:32   Link #7950
arkhangelsk

To be fair, Ithekro, it wasn't instant. Hana already had the time of at least two shots from History Team to prepare her shot, plus Miho gave her the distance to target.

If anything, it is a bit disappointing for Hippo team to miss by such distances ... with them being given a known distance and the target being on a flat, barring some kind of sight alignment failure to miss by such distances imply the sight setting or aimpoint selection was simply wrong.

If I were Miho, the first thing I'll do after the first shell is to get a "taxi", come back and check Hippo's sight.
Old 2014-07-06, 14:11   Link #7951
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Of particular note is that the Anzio OVA pretty much reinforces the fact from the entire series that the Duck Team has the highest hit accuracy of the entire team apart from Ankou. It's just that most of the time, the Type 89 faces off against tanks that can completely ignore its gun.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-07-06, 14:43   Link #7952
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am just a little sad to hear that Maginot forfeited their match against Anzo somehow. Hope there will be a time when the two different French schools get featured.
Old 2014-07-06, 14:48   Link #7953
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
If anything, it is a bit disappointing for Hippo team to miss by such distances ... with them being given a known distance and the target being on a flat, barring some kind of sight alignment failure to miss by such distances imply the sight setting or aimpoint selection was simply wrong.
Well with the first shot, they definitely didn't aim properly, as they fired before the tank stopped moving. And then you have to remember that at this point of the story, History Team hadn't done anything skilful. They only starting making good kills after this. In many ways this OVA was about Miho whipping her girls into shape so they have enough skill to survive the future battles. That the veterans we see in the final few episodes was working hard off screen. And now we see how they trained.
Old 2014-07-06, 14:57   Link #7954
Dextro
He Without a Title

All of you guys watching the OVA and me here feeling left out. Not fair guys! I want to see Anchovy too!
Old 2014-07-06, 18:42   Link #7955
arkhangelsk

Quote:
I am just a little sad to hear that Maginot forfeited their match against Anzo somehow. Hope there will be a time when the two different French schools get featured.
They didn't forfeit. They lost.

Quote:
Well with the first shot, they definitely didn't aim properly, as they fired before the tank stopped moving. And then you have to remember that at this point of the story, History Team hadn't done anything skilful. They only starting making good kills after this. In many ways this OVA was about Miho whipping her girls into shape so they have enough skill to survive the future battles. That the veterans we see in the final few episodes was working hard off screen. And now we see how they trained.
They were only barely moving - in fact, they were more rotating for the first shot, and there is the 2nd shot. My beef with the whole thing is Miho not really getting the right conclusions. That wasn't even close. If she wants her team to start hitting at 1500m, she needs to stop worrying about what she did worry about until they can actually get hits at that distance.

One must wonder whether Hippo Team ever really got it. After this, they got about three kills, but all from appearances seem to be within "point-blank" distance for a gun with the L/48's ballistics. They simply can use a fixed sight setting and the gun would hit somewhere on the enemy tank.

Oh well, I always thought if the Nishizumi family can actually teach fire control, KMM won't have lost twice in two years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
All of you guys watching the OVA and me here feeling left out. Not fair guys! I want to see Anchovy too!
It must be all over the Internet by now. Search for it.
Old 2014-07-06, 20:29   Link #7956
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Volleyball Team really needs to get a better tank with a better gun. Their accuracy is wasted in the Type 89.

They have knowingly hit the Churchill VII, a Matilda II (great fire, no kill), a M4 Sherman. Several CV33s....repeatedly. And many of the Black Forest Peak tanks (not sure if they hit any Pravda tanks since they were the flag tank that time around). But aside from the CV33s, there was nothing on the field their gun could even have a hope of penerating.
Old 2014-07-06, 22:14   Link #7957
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Miho's complete disregard for her personal safety was pretty evident in the past, but the new OVA was at a whole other level when she ordered the History team to use her tank as target practice... at a distance where they couldn't be certain to avoid killing her. And all with her sticking her full body out of the hatch. This picture was complete when she gave a face of disapproval when the shell went wildly wide and went right over her head.
Well, she IS a Nishizumi after all.
Old 2014-07-06, 22:25   Link #7958
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
They didn't forfeit. They lost.
I dunno, that seems to be the implication from a translation I saw where apparently Anzio won against Maginot by default, i.e. the opposing party never showed up.

On another front, seeing Ankou Team used as Oarai's promotional mascots without being an overt GuP tie-in is rather heartwarming:

Old 2014-07-06, 22:43   Link #7959
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Volleyball Team really needs to get a better tank with a better gun. Their accuracy is wasted in the Type 89.

They have knowingly hit the Churchill VII, a Matilda II (great fire, no kill), a M4 Sherman. Several CV33s....repeatedly. And many of the Black Forest Peak tanks (not sure if they hit any Pravda tanks since they were the flag tank that time around). But aside from the CV33s, there was nothing on the field their gun could even have a hope of penerating.
An chinu with a autoloader in their hands...
Old 2014-07-07, 00:06   Link #7960
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Wait, what? Ooarai operating with numerous tanks from other schools (Chihatan)? Plus Darjeeling in a tank again? What is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yeah, this looks more like a joint exercise, similar to what many militaries do. This has the potential to be EPIC if done right
Well folks, remember in the very first episode, it was decided by the prime minister that an international tankery championship will be held in Japan.

I wonder if that is what this movie will be about.

Or perhaps a prelude to season II? We shall see...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks