Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-17, 15:28   Link #41
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Well Frost Giants are Norse, not Greco-Roman.
never said they were. you were all over the place and i was trying to make things simpler by just focusing on one group. you mostly talked about greek/roman gods in your posts

Quote:
But my point was the use of Kami, in that context (World Nobels=gods) was polytheist, and in no polytheistic belief system (including Shinto) are demons the enemies of the gods. Also Oda would have more likely used A for akuma, if that had been his intent.
all you are basing your point on is a plurality. that's not enough for me to jump on board D not meaning demon or devil for at least for one of its meanings
Old 2014-10-18, 03:49   Link #42
The Small One

I wonder if Vergo will have something to do with Rocinante's death.
In his fight with Law, it was implied, that those two met before and it wasn't a good experience for Law, and seeing how Vergo now started working for the Marines, there shouldn't be too much possibilities for him to meet with Doffy's crew now.
Old 2014-10-18, 03:55   Link #43
Klad

That was one of my favorite chapters. Corazon is developing greatly as a character
Old 2014-10-18, 04:33   Link #44
Excelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Although it was highly indicated to be the case, I honestly found it pretty interesting that we got a confirmation of the D's hostility towards the Tenryuubito. It also sounds like they all have a connection of some sort, which could imply some future allies for Luffy.
Though it's a long, long ways off, I'm expecting D vs Tenryuubito to be a major player in the One Piece endgame. Maybe Blackbeard will do something to redeem himself after Luffy beats him since he's not like the rest of the Ds.
Old 2014-10-19, 05:31   Link #45
The_Codfish

Things may not exactly be black and white in that regard. The Tenryuubito are respected for having brought order to the world, however, they can be extremely oppressive. Well, the majority of the Tenryuubito we've seen have been like that, so the WG may be a better representative for their influence on the world (at least, we've seen their organization with more varied characters split between good will and oppressive tyranny rather than the lone 'good' Tenryuubito Doflamingo's father, mother, and brother were). Order to keep people happy and order to keep the peace even to the detriment of the people's happiness.

So D may be the same. Kind of a yin-yang symbolism going here. Luffy is obviously good. He likes being a pirate and going on adventure. He likes his freedom, but he doesn't want to impose and crush anyone else's freedom. Blackbeard is the opposite in that regard. Although he may feel it'd be a shame to kill some people, he doesn't mind trampling on other people to fulfill his own desires. Law may have gone either way, landing on the 'good' side of D simply because of Corazon's influence (D and a Tenryuubito, one balancing the other out, eh?).
Old 2014-10-19, 11:18   Link #46
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder if Vergo will have something to do with Rocinante's death.
In his fight with Law, it was implied, that those two met before and it wasn't a good experience for Law, and seeing how Vergo now started working for the Marines, there shouldn't be too much possibilities for him to meet with Doffy's crew now.
I hope so. i'm sure it sounds like i'm joking but i'll be really disappointed if there isn't an explanation for the food on the face thing. it's too weird not to explain. i hope oda at least shows vergo eating
Old 2014-10-20, 10:00   Link #47
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
My my, this is one juicy chapter! The Clan of D. So where did this clan come from, I wonder? If the Celestial Dragons are descendants of the founders of the World Government who apparently were the winners of the last World War, then what of the D clan? Are they the descendants of the people whose kingdom was mentioned in the poneglyphs?

Corazon a marine commander? Now that I didn't see coming at all! I assumed he didn't approve of his brother's plans but I never thought of him as a marine.
My guess is that the Clan of D were the rulers of the world. The Celestial Dragons wanted more power for themselves though and to be treated like gods so they overthrew the Clan of D. The void century was a period where they systematically wiped out all those still loyal to the clan of D. They wiped it from all recorded history so people would never know what they did and cement themselves as the 1 true rulers of the world.