AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2004-10-07, 11:59   Link #121
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Just watched the episode. I remember reading the manga at Toriyamaworld and not being that impressed with the first chapter, and I didn't like the first half of this episode either - but by the end, it had gotten a lot more interesting, and I'll be following this series. I know how popular it got, so I'll be happy to give it a try.

Wasn't too thrilled by the OP - I love Orange Range's silly ED for Naruto, but this song just...was a bit dull. The animation was good, but the ideas for the animation were lacking. I agree - Ichigo looks and behaves a lot like Sawamura Seiji from Midori no Hibi. I guess the idea is that they're delinquent-types who can be redeemed!

The comedy in the first few scenes with the family didn't entertain me - but when Rukia appears, everything improves a lot. The story proper begins, and I'm interested in Ichigo's powers - and want to see why he can do what he can do.

And is Rukia's seiyuu really Pacifica from Scrapped Princess? Wow! I thought it was the girl who did Touya Akira from Hikaru no Go when I was listening!

-BonBon
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 14:06   Link #122
KeithCourage
Kitto Yuuki

Send a message via ICQ to KeithCourage Send a message via MSN to KeithCourage
Hayamaneko, I was pretty disappointed as well actually. As far as the drawings go I think Ichigo was done the poorest followed by rukia...and those are the only two we've seen...The other characters look good I think though, or at least it seems they will. I liked the OP actually.

On the whole the manga, especially the first two volumes were oooozing style. I don't think they did the best job possible capturing the super cool feel. I think the series will be definitely worth following, but I'm really prefering the manga so far.

UGH Ichigo's hair sux in the anime.

I'm pretty disappointed because my expectations were so high from the manga. Oh well, it's decent at least.
KeithCourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 15:15   Link #123
hooliganj
Team Player

Spoiler for Kon avy, if anybody wants one:
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 16:13   Link #124
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons

Send a message via AIM to AzrielBlack Send a message via MSN to AzrielBlack
I enjoyed it. Will carry on following this but there are better series out this season.
AzrielBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 17:26   Link #125
Antonik

When FMA ends, another show starts, ahh i like this, Hopefully it will be interesting ( never read the manga) Hopefully theres even more awsome shows comming out
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 17:39   Link #126
rainz
original vampire

I predict that in another year or two, this will become as popular as Naruto is now, and fanboys everywhere will discuss in forums about which character is the strongest. Usernames like IchigoRules!!1!!1! will pop up, and there will be arguments about whether he got that name from Ichigo100% (probably an anime by then).

That's of course if this anime rendition survives that long.
rainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 17:54   Link #127
Zafo
Then up comes Zafo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxSkillz
yeah but it's obvious why it's left out the lil girl can't be bleeding it's not appropriate now if the big bad hollow sprays tons of blod that's just ok cuz it's a monster a bleeding little girl is a no no in japan monsters can bleed as much as they want but not little kids same with naruto they don't show a kunai stuck in his palm but they can show tsunade getting cut up same thing, you also didn't see the little girl die in this ep and she did in the manga so who cares i care more for the bloody fights then a lil ghost girl dying
Today, children, we're going to learn about the PERIOD. It's a little dot that let's readers know when to breathe. On the keyboard, below and a little to the right of the 'L'.
Zafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 18:03   Link #128
Zafo
Then up comes Zafo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Wai! This looks really good after the first episode. The protaganist reminds me of a combination of..errr. the cat guy from Fruits Basket (forgot his name) coupled with Kyo from Samurai Deeper Kyo. I'll be waiting for the next episode.
It's actually Kyo from Fruits Basket, and Tasuki from Fushigi Yuugi.

Kyokyosuki?
Old 2004-10-07, 18:07   Link #129
Zafo
Then up comes Zafo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok
His name is Kon. He says "Kon da!" not "Konta" in the preview.

And he's a lion, not a bear.
Anyone ever seen a "gloomy bear"? That's exactly what it looks like. A cute teddy bear, with teeth and three-inch claws.
Old 2004-10-07, 18:41   Link #130
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Bleach (Anime)

Now this is what I call anime. Talk about straight to the action!

From start to finish I was absoloutly sucked in, I could not take my eyes of the screen, simply awesome.
It had all the things I look for in a series, usually it takes me a couple of episodes to get me this exited but that wasn't the case here. NO WAY!
I'm already pining for the next episode.
And the music was also exelent. If you havn't seen this anime yet then hurry, go, believe me when I say you're mising out on something special, it's on the main page, go, go now I tell you!

I have a feeling this is going to be big.

Edit: Guess im a tad late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
Oh, joy. A generation of Bleachtards are coming...
Oh how right you are my friend, you mark my words.....DBZ+Naruto+Bleach. OMG! We're gonna be unstoppable. :fingers:
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2004-10-07 at 18:53.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 19:03   Link #131
OMchan
オムちゃん

The recent wave of BLEACH fansites... is that a good thing or should I also be worried?

Anyway, after watching Episode 01 FOUR times (downloaded YeyRAWs, SaiyaMan, Lunar and Keep-ANBU) I don't think the art is THAT bad anymore. The close ups are the best parts. :P

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 19:18   Link #132
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Wow, after reading through this thread i'm certainly glad i'm not a manga reader since I have nothing to compare it too nothing will dissapoint me.
Actually, yeah, I think i'll stay well away from this thread. *Nods* Yup I think that's for the best.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 19:21   Link #133
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Wow, after reading through this thread i'm certainly glad i'm not a manga reader since I have nothing to compare it too nothing will dissapoint me.
Actually, yeah, I think i'll stay well away from this thread. *Nods* Yup I think that's best.
But since you saw the anime first, if you read the manga, you would be impressed by it instead of being disappointed by the anime.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 20:14   Link #134
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafo
Anyone ever seen a "gloomy bear"? That's exactly what it looks like. A cute teddy bear, with teeth and three-inch claws.
Bears don't have manes or long tails.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 20:26   Link #135
sarcasteak
WAHA~

The animation and voice-acting are better than I expected...I think I will keep watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
Oh, joy. A generation of Bleachtards are coming...
Oh the horror!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
But since you saw the anime first, if you read the manga, you would be impressed by it instead of being disappointed by the anime.
Ah yes, it works both ways.

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-10-07 at 22:40. Reason: just because
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 20:53   Link #136
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok
His name is Kon. He says "Kon da!" not "Konta" in the preview.

And he's a lion, not a bear.
He's not even that Minor spoiler, but Kon really doesn't have a permanent body...

I didn't think it was possible for Orikasa Fumiko to sound so male, yet at the same time come across as a girl >_< Had money on her using the same voice for Ligene [Natsuiro], so the raging and militant tomboy is pretty new and quite a suprise. Of Rukia's character design- bear in mind that in the manga her head is out of purportion to her body [it's pretty big]. In the animation it comes across as more normal despite being built washboard flat.

I take it that Kubotite is using the anime to correct all his mistakes done for the manga and have fun with his baby at the same time.

One more thing concerning the series lenght. The voice cast for every character introduced till book 14 has already been done. At 3 episodes per book [which is a conservative estimate], this show can easily run into 45+ episodes.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 21:33   Link #137
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

I seldom, or rarely post in the fansub forum, *cough* but i have know Bleach from quite long ago, of its manga, i think vol.13 now, but nevermind that, let's talk about the anime! I've been craving for this long enough~ :P

Spoiler:

EDIT!!!

I just watched ep 01 today! it was GREAT! just as expected ^___^ OP was good too. ^-^ i say it will be over 50+ eps too ^__^

Last edited by Oneesama; 2004-10-08 at 11:11. Reason: EDIT!!!!
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 21:46   Link #138
kloneo
He eq me, without reason.

I think it will become a cool serie. I get the impression it smells abit like Yuyu Hakusho. First half was abit boring but when the god kid arives it becomes wicked.
kloneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 22:31   Link #139
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!

hmmmmmmmm........

looks like this anime has great potential. I can already tell its gonna be big. Over 2000 seeds and leechers for the 1st ep. I wonder how many ep are their. Probably 50+. But it looks like i am gonna be watching Bleach for a while.
quikimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 22:40   Link #140
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Bleach is a series I began reading shortly after Toriyama World started translation.

Initially I was hooked, with the great animation, funny scenes, and interesting story. But after the first 3 volumes I became quite bored of the ongoing Shishigami v. hollow plotline. When Quincy Archer appeared, and the awakening of more allies to Ichigo's side, the action picked up again.. but then.. the manga was licensed by Viz.

I stopped reading for some many months, until I found Manga-Rain's IRC channel, and continued reading. (and am still).

In sum, not to give the plot away, the story early on I felt was boring, but once the details of Soul Society were further developed (and more characters introduced), things got much better.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote