AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-20, 11:34   Link #6841
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
We do know one of the effects of the pill and that was to knock Cruz out. However, the pill had to have a further effect than that.

If the pill's sole purpose was to knock Cruz out to prevent him from tagging along, then why not do something more dramatic in that scene? Why not have Blade challenge Cruz to a battle only for him to use Maiden Restriction and then just leave him there? That would look much cooler than just giving him a simple capsule. The fact that it was a pill means something else is going on. What it is, exactly, we won't know because there have been zero developments aside from Cruz fainting (rather suddenly). And as we already know, trying to guess at what happened will only result in another incorrect answer.
Because a pill could knock him out for a few days easily and safely which would prevent him following. Fighting him and knocking him out that way he could be up the next day. Does Blade even remember maiden restriction?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 11:44   Link #6842
Ynot

My money is on the capsule being simply a way to prevent Yamada to follow Blade and the others or at least follow them immediately. The reason to follow them would be a lot less pressing when they are long gone. Whatever enemies they'd have taken care of along the way could have regrouped by the time Yamada would follow them....not to mention Yamada can't travel that fast.

Does Yamada even know where to go now that he couldn't see them leave? In Needless 1.5 the Gate Cain walked through was number 13 so I'm guessing there must be a lot more of them. Just like Skieth already mentioned, Blade might be hoping to finish up all the ugly business before Yamada even has the chance to catch up with them.

If I'd give someone a drug whose working I wasn't extremely familiar with or sure it couldn't do any harm I'd want to stick around making sure everything would be all right. Not just walk off to a place I might not even return from. That's why I'm a bit skeptical this capsule will do anything more than make Yamada lose his consciousness for some time.

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-05-20 at 11:56.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 12:03   Link #6843
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
My money is on the capsule being simply a way to prevent Yamada to follow Blade and the others or at least follow them immediately. The reason to follow them would be a lot less pressing when they are long gone. Whatever enemies they'd have taken care of along the way could have regrouped by the time Yamada would follow them....not to mention Yamada can't travel that fast.

Does Yamada even know where to go now that he couldn't see them leave? In Needless 1.5 the Gate Cain walked through was number 13 so I'm guessing there must be a lot more of them. Just like Skieth already mentioned, Blade might be hoping to finish up all the ugly business before Yamada even has the chance to catch up with them.

If I'd give someone a drug whose working I wasn't extremely familiar with or sure it couldn't do any harm I'd want to stick around making sure everything would be all right. Not just walk off to a place I might not even return from. That's why I'm a bit skeptical this capsule will do anything more than make Yamada lose his consciousness for some time.
I'll take your bet bro!
For me, my bet is a device to make Testament didn't attack him and friendly toward him, as replacement of his Killer Girls Squad card to support his disguise as one of them, since he already give it to Kanna. Simeon can clone human and canned them like a sardines, so Sex change pill is possible to be made and it is what I'd like to bet, but it's not support a story development at all, just for gags
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 12:16   Link #6844
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Because a pill could knock him out for a few days easily and safely which would prevent him following. Fighting him and knocking him out that way he could be up the next day. Does Blade even remember maiden restriction?
Blade should know Maiden Restriction still but I was just giving an example of something else that could've happened to keep Cruz from following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post

The reason I think it's more than just a simple capsule (to knock him out and stop him from following) is mainly due to Disk's reactions during that whole scene. She's the one who had the information that she didn't want Cruz to hear but wanted to tell Blade and Eve and came up with the idea for Cruz to take the pill. During the conversation outside, you see her try to stop Blade from giving Cruz the pill. A few panels later, you see her in an alert position. Had this simply been a pill to knock him out, I doubt she'd try to stop Blade or even get in that prepared stance. And I doubt that Disk would only tell Blade and Eve that she just wants to knock Cruz out to prevent him from following. That scene seemed like foreshadowing to me.

But those are just my observations. For all we know, both your ideas might be right. After all, the one thing we do know about the pill is it did knock Cruz out.
Old 2011-05-20, 12:31   Link #6845
surerman
Banned

somehow...my underling bothered about the current age for all character,
can some body tell him?

Adam Blade =
Adam Archlight =
Disk = 100 years old, she state it herself to depressing Blade
Gido =
Kanna =
Kuchinasi =
Mio = around 13 I guess...childish and flat (aka. a 'Tot' )
Riru = 20?? (hmm...a 'Hot')
Saten = 20 year old mummy or younger
Setsuna = may be 16 ? (a Tot but with Tits)
Seth/Seto the reaper =
Teruyama =
Old 2011-05-20, 12:50   Link #6846
Avvesione

From Imai Kami's website (not everyone is listed tho):

Adam Blade = 16
Adam Archlight = 16
Disk = 100
Gido = 61
Kana = ?
Kuchinasi = ?
Mio = ?
Riru = 24
Saten = ?
Setsuna = 18
Seto = 17
Teruyama = 20
Old 2011-05-20, 13:02   Link #6847
Soji

Quote:

Adam Blade = 16
Adam Archlight = 16
Disk = 100
Gido = 61
Kana = ?
Kuchinasi = ?
Mio = ?
Riru = 24
Saten = ?
Setsuna = 18
Seto = 17
Teruyama = 20
But Mio it's not a year younger than Cruz?
I thought I read somewhere she was one year younger that him or am I confused the age?
And Eve is the same age as Blade if I'm not wrong and Aruka is the same age as Sestuna.
Right, on the pill I agree with Avvesione.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 14:09   Link #6848
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Tbh the pill probably is just a sleepingpill to k.o. him. Disk probably didnt want Blade to be to cruel on Cruz.

Common even if this helps them out as in Cruz isnt in the way its still a lie. Cruz actualy thinks hes of help but ofc hes not. So Blade made him happy with nothing.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 15:02   Link #6849
Ynot

I usually don't pay attention when it comes to what age everyone is, but I do know the age of Kana because I've been trying to translate her character guide. She's 10 years old.

There's only one person whose age I would really like to know....Eve. The age of her brain to be precise.

Spoiler for kana character guide:

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-05-20 at 15:21.
Old 2011-05-20, 15:10   Link #6850
surerman
Banned

Quote:

Adam Blade = 16
Adam Archlight = 16
Disk = 100
Gido = 61
Kana = ?
Kuchinasi = ?
Mio = ?
Riru = 24
Saten = ?
Setsuna = 18
Seto = 17
Teruyama = 20
thanks, but he find it's shocking the age gap between Riru and Archlight and their reverse to each other
May be because he's from 'Old World' hahahaha he find it's hard to believe human outside-this wall-world grow, matured (both inside and outside), and die faster than his kind even with out being killed

back to the pill...I mean the topic....
If they said Eden of Apple or whatever shit they call it can turn Human to Needless and select the chosen to board they so called 'Ark' why it's limited to 666?, what happened if the rest of human manage to overcome the trial and their number in the end is 667?, will they start some WWF stage to determine who will be left behind?

Spoiler for open it with your own risk:

ah! before some one sent me another BRP, I must tell you all, I, like other killers, didn't hate or despise any God or Religion, we kill human equally, as long as we paid, so don't brand me as anti-Christ or whatever you like, since I didn't like it
Heck! even if it's a President, King, Pope, Ghandi or Theresa, we'll shot em if the deal already done
Old 2011-05-21, 23:50   Link #6851
Avvesione

Anyway, going back to Chapter 91...

Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-22, 01:16   Link #6852
stardrago

Okay, so were can chapter 91 can be located or downloaded from where now?
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 05:42   Link #6853
Soji

Quote:
Anyway, going back to Chapter 91...

Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 11:36   Link #6854
Homura7

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 11:44   Link #6855
Skieth

Spoiler for spoiler:
Skieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 12:05   Link #6856
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skieth View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:

I'm just going to leave this...

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Homura7; 2011-05-22 at 12:23.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 12:22   Link #6857
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
The reason I think it's more than just a simple capsule (to knock him out and stop him from following) is mainly due to Disk's reactions during that whole scene. She's the one who had the information that she didn't want Cruz to hear but wanted to tell Blade and Eve and came up with the idea for Cruz to take the pill. During the conversation outside, you see her try to stop Blade from giving Cruz the pill. A few panels later, you see her in an alert position. Had this simply been a pill to knock him out, I doubt she'd try to stop Blade or even get in that prepared stance. And I doubt that Disk would only tell Blade and Eve that she just wants to knock Cruz out to prevent him from following. That scene seemed like foreshadowing to me
I thought this too. I mean, why not just have Cruz take it before they left? What was the point of letting him follow them and then have him take it? Plus, if the pill was Disk's idea in the first place, why was she opposed to Blade giving it to Cruz then?

Plus with as involved as Cruz has been, what could have been so important that Disk didn't want him to know about it? If it was to prevent him from knowing they might be going to their possible doom in the city, well that plan failed, so it had to have been something else, imo.

The timing of the pill just screams foreshadowing.
Old 2011-05-22, 14:14   Link #6858
Skieth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Skieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 14:25   Link #6859
Avvesione

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
True but...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I thought this too. I mean, why not just have Cruz take it before they left? What was the point of letting him follow them and then have him take it? Plus, if the pill was Disk's idea in the first place, why was she opposed to Blade giving it to Cruz then?

Plus with as involved as Cruz has been, what could have been so important that Disk didn't want him to know about it? If it was to prevent him from knowing they might be going to their possible doom in the city, well that plan failed, so it had to have been something else, imo.

The timing of the pill just screams foreshadowing.
I'm hoping we get to see what happened with that pill soon. The next chapter (92) will be the start of the 14th volume, so we'll get to have the color bonus pages. So if the story goes from Blade to Cruz, that's probably the best time to do it.

Also, some old art just for fun. I kinda miss his older style of drawing but I like the modern style better:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-22, 14:36   Link #6860
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skieth View Post
Going back to Needless never leaving the blackspot, I don’t buy it. The blackspot is depicted as this horrible, harsh place with no laws, a place where you have to struggle to survive, and only thing that’s separating you from this place and a place that has food, water, safety and security is a wall, with only a gate, and a handful of guards. Surely not everyone with fragements would have been satisfied living in the blackspot or joining Simeon.
Perhaps certain Needless did escape Blackspot already but had fragments which allowed them to go unnoticed.

The kind of Needless whose fragment would allow them to escape the Blackspot through sheer power would also have the power to make most people around them to do as they want. So you could go and fight to enter a world you know nothing about or you can loot and pillage your direct surroundings providing you with what you want.

Having said all that I still think there should be at least a couple of strong and adventurous Needless who would've tried it, but who knows, maybe Simeon/Arclight have their own Needless making sure nobody got any smart ideas and allowed Blade and the rest to breach the security for their own purposes....but then again if that were true Saten wouldn't have said he was a bit surprised it didn't happen before. I think he would have known a thing like that and it's not like he had any reason to lie against people who were as good as dead anyway.

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-05-22 at 14:51.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen