Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 20:03   Link #3261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I'm sure he'll be writing a god-like IS volume 8 to make up with that afterschool thing.

/me keeps dreaming.
After which he'll go back to stroking his ego and writing generic romcom chapters that reuse every scenario and plot devices in the book

By book, I meant HIS own book
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 21:32   Link #3262
n0m@n
C-Z

Everytime there is a match or tournament, it will ALWAYS be interrupted!
God......Once or twice is good, but reusing it is boring. Im sure some of us wants to see the clear winner of the IS academy, don't we?
And Ichika's ranking is always the lowest among the group.....
Old 2012-08-22, 21:42   Link #3263
Eratas123

Actually, he's already beaten Cecilia multiple times and seems to be getting better. She even whines about it in V5-V6, not really sure which.
Old 2012-08-22, 21:57   Link #3264
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It was in V6, where she also denied extra equipment because they're unrelated to the research. Ichika also consistently beat Houki prior to her asspull powerup, and continue to do so after that.

By V7, he's almost on par with Rin, herself is quite a prodigy, considering her initial training is 6 months long versus two years for everyone else (except Houki and Ichika himself).

So, Ichika already began to climb the power ladder rapidly, just obscured by the shitty, unneeded antics.
Old 2012-08-22, 22:55   Link #3265
n0m@n
C-Z

Oh, those things happened? I havent read it in a while so I must have forgotten about it. But I think I remember the ranking of them was stated to go like:
Laura>Charlotte>Rin>Cecilia>Houki>Ichika.

But if Ichika is actually getting stronger then that would be good.
Looks like Cecilia would be the lowest among them. If IS would continue, Charlotte definitely needs to receive a new gen IS.
Old 2012-08-22, 23:00   Link #3266
Eratas123

From who? I doubt Dunoa's very pleased with her blowing her cover and giving them the proverbial finger. Once her three years are up, I expect bad things to happen.
Old 2012-08-22, 23:04   Link #3267
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Nom@n
That was prior to V3, Ichika and Houki is a pair of noob, Ichika is even more so (though he's more of a natural pilot than Houki is)

By V5, Ichika is better than Houki (she can only hold him for 10 minutes or less) and by V6, he's better than Cecilia (repeatedly beat her). By that point, Cecilia is the bottom fodder.

Also, what Eratas said.
Old 2012-08-22, 23:30   Link #3268
n0m@n
C-Z

Looks like I need to reread them again
Also didnt volume 7 hinted Houki to have one of the greatest IS talent. Something about her rank jumping from B to S. Also on the interview thing, I might be wrong but didnt she say she is stronger than Ichika?

Also about Charlotte.....Oops. You guys are right. It will definitely be hard for her to get a new IS.
Old 2012-08-22, 23:35   Link #3269
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's not B to S either, it's friggin C, low enough to be ridiculing material. I forgot to read that interview, but I think it's just her being prideful.

Still, no wonder. She actually still get upgrading packets delivered as of V3, which means there's still a chance. I doubt Dunois want to risk themselves by sending yet another cadet, so they will use Charl as much as they can before 'disposing' her.
Old 2012-08-23, 03:40   Link #3270
angel8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^@angel8 What does thar say?
I'm talking about the 2 season and where I heard the news.
But in volume 6-7, ichka who prefers among girls?
Who looks you love??? Which girl do you prefer more?
angel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 04:02   Link #3271
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
It's not B to S either, it's friggin C, low enough to be ridiculing material. I forgot to read that interview, but I think it's just her being prideful.

Still, no wonder. She actually still get upgrading packets delivered as of V3, which means there's still a chance. I doubt Dunois want to risk themselves by sending yet another cadet, so they will use Charl as much as they can before 'disposing' her.
Aren't they kinda of using her now. Well more like in a way. If Charl who is using Second gen model IS is beating Third gen and even Four gen, Would that not make great publicity ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel8 View Post
I'm talking about the 2 season and where I heard the news.
But in volume 6-7, ichka who prefers among girls?
Who looks you love??? Which girl do you prefer more?
For now those are just rumors.
Ichika I think leans more toward Houki and Charl IMO . But he is still a Siscon.
I choose Charl and Houki .

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-08-23 at 04:35.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 04:10   Link #3272
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Angel8
I'm not even sure if I get the question right

> There's absolutely no news about Season 2, only the rumor caused by the existence of special poster of new characters that don't appear in anime season 1.
> All we knew that Tatenashi is the least possible by Ichika's own testimony, aside from Ran who didn't have a damn chance (no room for powerless fangirl)
> I prefer Cecilia in terms of looks, I prefer Houki ending because eh, that's less contrived than Charlotte ending or Laura ending (too complex) unless the shown have a giant mood shift, of which I prefer Madoka ending
> Houki is the closest one, Charl follow second.

@ Sky
Yes indeed, but that can only go as far. Performance wise, Raphael is above all Gen 3 machines, however, it has much less room for growth, which mean it won't catch up in the long run.
Old 2012-08-23, 04:34   Link #3273
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Angel8
I'm not even sure if I get the question right

> All we knew that Tatenashi is the least possible by Ichika's own testimony, aside from Ran who didn't have a damn chance (no room for powerless fangirl)

> I prefer Cecilia in terms of looks, I prefer Houki ending because eh, that's less contrived than Charlotte ending or Laura ending (too complex) unless the shown have a giant mood shift, of which I prefer Madoka ending
> Houki is the closest one, Charl follow second.

@ Sky
Yes indeed, but that can only go as far. Performance wise, Raphael is above all Gen 3 machines, however, it has much less room for growth, which mean it won't catch up in the long run.
For now.
I would love if she at least join the fight for her brother/Ichika.

But it may buy them time more to develop a third gen.
People maybe patient if they can get a third gen IS.
Old 2012-08-23, 05:01   Link #3274
angel8

Bad news for light novel
Recently (August 1, 2012) on twitter izuru has posted these messages:
This is a topic a little while ago...
There is a rumor about IS novel version is difficulties, they said.
From Twitter of Izuru Yumizuru at August 1st.
twitter.com/.../230802570132733952

ttp://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-11049.html

"Wake-up. I saw the e-mail. Motivation is dead. End."

"For what, I wrote the manuscript would make to time by constraint.
Is there a meaning about not published manuscript?"

"Recently, seriously, everything went wrong for me."

"I'm growing to hate (about this).""Explode the world."
Some people think that you are acting as a child.
Do you think it will make this volume 8 ?
Old 2012-08-23, 05:06   Link #3275
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Sky
Yeah, the problem is that they're running out of time, and more importantly, patience. It was stated as early as the bathroom incident: France is omitted from the competition during the selection of Europe's next gen mass produced I.S. because they don't have base frame ready.

Of course, Dunois get blamed for it. The risk can range form lack of funding, or worse, having it's I.S. manufacturing license removed.

That's why they're so desperate to stole ByakuShiki's data, it's been touched by Vorlon, err, Tabane after all.

@ Angel8
Didn't surprise me, Izuru always responded to critics, flames, and troll like that, like an immature child
Old 2012-08-23, 05:19   Link #3276
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

At this point I would say the best course of action as a fan is to just move to another series until this blows over...If ever. Because Izuru seems determine to ride this into the ground.

Action-'Fantasy' harem series are the easiest genre to replace, and there's no shortage of them as good or even better than IS.
Old 2012-08-23, 05:43   Link #3277
angel8

Must be published this volume 8!
Old 2012-08-23, 23:19   Link #3278
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
At this point I would say the best course of action as a fan is to just move to another series until this blows over...If ever. Because Izuru seems determine to ride this into the ground.

Action-'Fantasy' harem series are the easiest genre to replace, and there's no shortage of them as good or even better than IS.
*raises hand* yeah, I at least have moved on to other LNs (or at least not realistically hoping for a continuation of this) If I want Harem + Action genre Hidan no Aria (for one) is a suitable replacement, and any mecha fetish I have is covered by Heavy Object (wish the Chinese translations would catch up though >.>)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 00:01   Link #3279
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
*raises hand* yeah, I at least have moved on to other LNs (or at least not realistically hoping for a continuation of this) If I want Harem + Action genre Hidan no Aria (for one) is a suitable replacement, and any mecha fetish I have is covered by Heavy Object (wish the Chinese translations would catch up though >.>)
In addition to Hidan no Aria , Campione!, DxD, Seirei Tsukai, Vanadis could easily fill the Harem + Action series (Though I've never read the latter 3 myself).... Most of them are from MF Bunko as well so you'll know they're the SAME as IS.

If you want Harem + Action with a bit more complexity, there's always Mahouka and Itsuka Tenma... Oh wait, is the latter even a harem? Nevermind it has multiple cute girls so that's all that matters... And I'm sure bad things will never happen to them...

Mecha might be harder to find, aside from ***HEAVY OBJECT*** (which I highly recommend) there's also the new Full Metal Panic, as well as some Muv-Luv LNs.
Old 2012-08-24, 00:20   Link #3280
larethian

^ You sure are stretching the harem genre to series that should not have anything to do with them...
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen