AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-04-09, 14:55   Link #141
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

JC Staff has no chance to come out of this without the fanrage - they could do a perfect adaptation and too many minds have already been made up. That ship has sailed.

That said, they can console themselves by rubbing the checks from the massive BD/DVD and merchandising sales together, so I suspect they're OK with that.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 15:35   Link #142
totoum
Oppai warrior

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That said, they can console themselves by rubbing the checks from the massive BD/DVD and merchandising sales together, so I suspect they're OK with that.
They are on the production committee right?
Old 2012-04-09, 17:05   Link #143
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
JC Staff has no chance to come out of this without the fanrage - they could do a perfect adaptation and too many minds have already been made up. That ship has sailed.

Hey at least they might actually make some money.....maybe. Gundam AGE wasn't quite so lucky, all it did was have a leaked magazine scan that people decided was kiddy and it was flat out boycotted before it even aired. I can only hope the next generation of fandoms in general won't be nearly as entitled and ragey as the current one cause good freaking god are they unreasonable to the point of insanity.

And yeah I know this is a video game example, but I think it's somewhat comparable to the situation here.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 17:20   Link #144
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
And yeah I know this is a video game example, but I think it's somewhat comparable to the situation here.
It's not unreasonable to expect good storytelling (the ending's failures have been discussed elsewhere). The main difference is that here we have the opposite situation: people raging before anything has even been released. Even AGE got promo material out before the hate began.

Currently playing: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon, Knights in the Nightmare
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 17:31   Link #145
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
It's not unreasonable to expect good storytelling (the ending's failures have been discussed elsewhere). The main difference is that here we have the opposite situation: people raging before anything has even been released. Even AGE got promo material out before the hate began.
Actually no it didn't, it got a magazine scan leaked which started the rage since before the actual promotion cycle and unveiling could even get under way people looked at the designs and decided it was too kiddie for Gundam and the death of the franchise. This was the other way around, Little Busters was announcement, then the trailer came out as planned, then simply because the studio announcement wasn't the one people expected that's what caused the fiasco.

Basically Gundam AGE got shit on based on a picture with no context, while J.C Staff is getting shit on because they happen to be doing a Little Busters anime.

As for Mass Effect 3 it's simply how far fans are taking the issue now that's alarming to me. I could understand people being upset with the storytelling and being critical of the company for it, but making a legitimate crusade out of it to get the ending changed and then turning around and still complaining when Bioware actually listens and tries to find a professional solution just seems so petty and childish to me that I don't even know where to start.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 17:54   Link #146
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I think it is more unreasonable to shit upon an anime original series as opposed to an adaptation. The former you just don't know enough of the series to make sweeping generalizations, and they went anyways.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 18:15   Link #147
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Actually no it didn't, it got a magazine scan leaked which started the rage since before the actual promotion cycle and unveiling could even get under way people looked at the designs and decided it was too kiddie for Gundam and the death of the franchise. This was the other way around, Little Busters was announcement, then the trailer came out as planned, then simply because the studio announcement wasn't the one people expected that's what caused the fiasco.
Well a "leak" is basically part of promotion nowadays. I'm staring at the trailer but people seem to be saying it's not made by JC Staff, so now I don't even know what's up.

Currently playing: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon, Knights in the Nightmare
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 23:32   Link #148
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Well, we all know now that if the anime turns out well, it's because KEY's awesome. And it turns out awful, it's because J.C. is crap.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 23:47   Link #149
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Well, we all know now that if the anime turns out well, it's because KEY's awesome. And it turns out awful, it's because J.C. is crap.
Either you're trolling or you haven't read the last few pages of the Little Busters anime thread.

The animation studio determines the quality of the animation. Unless the animation turns out god-awful, you can't blame J.C. Staff by itself.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 00:32   Link #150
Westlo
Lets be reality

Please stop comparing Gundam AGE to Little Busters, AGE was always going to sell shit*, it was aimed at kids in the first place, why do you think Level 5 were hired to make it? Inazuma Eleven and Cardboard Senki were both shows aimed at the younger generation and they had hit video game series attached to them as well. Sunrise wanted AGE to have the same sort of appeal... otoh Unicorn was for the hardcore Gundam fans. They never aimed @ the otaku audience, the biggest failure of Gundam AGE was not the terrible sales (which if you notice, is about normal for most kids series, you don't see Precure tearing up the charts!) but the fact that it performed dismally in the age brackets it was aiming at. It was meant to usher in a new age of young gundam fans, not appeal to the otaku fanbse putting Madoka and Bakemonogatari on a pedestal, or the fujoshi fanbase. 5-9 year old kids didn't see peoples opinions on 2ch and than went "Wow it must suck, I'm not watching this!" The character designs that "killed" the show were more in line with the the sort of stuff aimed @ that age group as opposed to typical otaku aimed designs.

* Here is the sales for Inazuma Eleven.

Inazuma Eleven ***428 (20+) (OLM)

Way worse than Gundam AGE right? Yet this is considered a success, think about it, what do these sorts of shows really push? What was Gundam AGE suppose to push? Sales are irrelevant, in AGE's case it's just the icing on the cake for the commercial failure it was. But keep blaming typical anime fandom if it makes you feel better about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Spot on, if it turns out amazing it will be in spite of J.C Staff but if it turns out crap it will all be J.C Staffs fault, even if key figures @... Key... are in charge of most of the script and arc planning.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 05:20   Link #151
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Hey at least AGE has pretty decent TV ratings.

Poor JC Staff though. Getting all the hate even before a real Little Busters PV comes out.
Old 2012-04-10, 20:38   Link #152
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Considering that J.C. Staff is stellar when it comes to creating backgrounds, I wouldn't say that it is much a fault to the studio than to the one who will handle the project. Right now, we haven't heard of the staff members involved, so we can't say for now.

Kamisama no Memochou's adaptation is good for me, actually. Some people who criticize the changes do not know that the series might have been worse if it had followed the light novels to a tee, as its successive story arcs weren't as dramatic as the first.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 40!! Completed: 210. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 20:58   Link #153
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Location: Under the piercing blue sky, in somebody's friendzone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Right now, we haven't heard of the staff members involved, so we can't say for now.
Some of the staff are already listed over at ANN's and MAL's entries for Little Busters!. At the very least, these two sites agree on who is the Director (Yoshiki Yamakawa), the Producer (Kouhei Kawase), the person in charge of Series Composition (Michiru Shimada), and the Character Designer (Haruko Iizuka).

As for who these people are, frankly, I have no idea. Anyone else recognize these names?
Old 2012-04-10, 21:08   Link #154
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

If I remember correctly, a posted listed the director as the one who directed Kill Me Baby and something else I didn't recognize.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:17   Link #155
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

All four worked on 90s titles. See spoilers for complete list of works.

Spoiler for Yoshiki YAMAKAWA:

Spoiler for Michiru SHIMADA:

Spoiler for Haruko IIZUKA:

Spoiler for Kohei KAWASE:

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 40!! Completed: 210. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 01:21   Link #156
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent

When you list it out this way, apparently these people have quite a lot of experience despite not being too popular. They did a lot of my favorites too, so this certainly lift my expectations up a bit.