AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-15, 19:06   Link #161
Eater of All
NOM
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Outside the Asylum
7/12, or 7/11 actually since one was invalid. Two of my nominations I figured wouldn't make it but... Hiiragi and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Togame off by 1 seriously?
fffffffffffff

Also, didn't expect so many side characters like Mami or Itsuwa to make it in, despite being popular only within their fandom. Especially for Mami, since even if she wins the Tiara she wouldn't have the--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
feels good man
But Game, when I saw X Tennos Athena Hayate no Gotoku! 148 I thought of you.
Eater of All is offline  
Old 2011-02-15, 21:11   Link #162
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CO, USA
Eh, 9 out of 12 got in so I'm happy.

Character who got in:

01 - Gokō "Kuroneko" Ruri (1067) !!
05 - Kasugano Sora (585)
21 - Shiomiya Shiori (279)
30 - Suiseiseki (206)

39 - Morishima Haruka (192)
43 - Nanasaki Ai (177)
48 - Ayatsuji Tsukasa (154)
83 - Ryōgi Shiki (106)
94 - Sōryū Asuka Langley (96)

Those who didn't get in:

122 - Shindō Chihiro (66)
132 - Sawachika Eri (60)
145 - Chii (55)


I pretty much knew the last three wouldn't get in, though I was hopeful with Chihiro, I was really surprised to see Asuka make the cut. Talk about long lived, not that I'm complaining. I was happy that kuroneko would get #1 (was there any doubt?) though I was suprised to see Kirino take number two with just one vote shy of Kuroneko. I expected her to be in top 10, but not so high.

And I just don't get how Eucliwood Hellscythe took such a high position, #3. We barely know about her. Well, we kinda do now, but still, the show's been running for barely half a season. I'm not sure if I approve of her getting so high in the nominations, but then again, the preliminary rounds are a different story, like the rozen doll not qualifying for the regular season last year, so I guess time will tell. I do like the character though, and would have replaced one of my Amagami nominations if I had thought her up.

#4 went to Victorique, which was really nice Also, I was surprised to see Louis at #15, considering its been quite a while (2,3 years) since the last season aired. And I lol'ed when Misaka 10032 was mentioned in list. I guess most of the voters were novel readers.

Btw, I really like the new 'Winner's Gallery.' A nice visual summery of who won the past rounds
__________________
Nochgo is offline  
Old 2011-02-15, 21:26   Link #163
Team Rocket Elite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
My nomination tally in review.

Here's how many nominations the 96 characters that got in got on my tally:

Spoiler for Nomination data for the Top 96:

If you got 3 nominations on my tally, you were in the Top 99. Here's the list of the characters in my tally that got 3 or more nominations but didn't get in:

Spoiler for I thought these characters would get in::
__________________
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Team Rocket Elite is offline  
Old 2011-02-15, 22:06   Link #164
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern California
I said 4 maybe 5 and I was right. The only one I was on the fence about was Ryou and she got overlooked (story of her life)

Spoiler for For space:


Some random observations:

There is a very strong correlation between what show a character is in and the number of votes they got. It seems that a lot of voters are simply picking all the main characters from a show regardless of the specific moe traits those characters possess. This is quite obvious in the cases of Kuroneko/Kirino, Ikaros/Nymph Homura/Madoka Chizuru/Hectate and Last Order/Itsuwa each seperated by 1 or 2 votes. Obviously there's also a strong preference for characters from shows currently airing or recently ended (which is why many of my characters missed since I skewed slightly older). This seems fairly predictable and has given me an idea (more on that later).

Charlotte of Infinite Stratos was 3rd among IS characters but I wonder if that would have changed if the nominations had been a week later since the internet has exploded with love for her since episode 6 aired. I wonder if this is just a week-long fad or if she can carry the popularity into the regular season. I know she has my vote

Finally, Makishima Saori of Oreimo doesn't even make the list? How?
__________________
DasDingus is offline  
Old 2011-02-15, 22:07   Link #165
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
But Game, when I saw X Tennos Athena Hayate no Gotoku! 148 I thought of you.
This only makes me further believe that once she gets animated she might even reach top 16
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline  
Old 2011-02-15, 22:12   Link #166
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
And speaking of nominations, it seems my approach pays off.

For the 2nd year in a row, all of my nominations managed to get in so im at 100% success rate for now. Also from my 12 nominations 6 of them got in the top 10...feels good man

Nominations in top 16:

Kousaka Kirino - 2nd
Eucliwood Hellscythe - 3rd
Victorica de Blois - 4th
Ika Musume - 6th
Shinonono Houki - 7th
Merry Nightmare - 8th

Outside the top16:

Elsie de Lute Irma - 17th
Aragaki Ayase - 19th
Nakagawa Kanon - 33th
Kiriya Nozomi - 44th
Kinomoto Sakura - 55th
Amakusa Shino - 64th
Clearly Game still has his finger on the pulse of ISML. Well played. So which of the new crop do you pick to be major threats this year?
__________________
Last Sinner is offline  
Old 2011-02-15, 22:28   Link #167
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
It might be an interesting idea. I've been nominating mostly current characters or a series within a span of 1 or 2 years. How old would the series have to be if this suggestion were to work?

If early/mid 2000's, I could think of a number of choices right away.
1990's, only a handful, but it's still something.
Somewhat better way would be to create a division where only animes that have started airing more than 10 years ago can participate. Sure this will allow long running series like Detective Conan to participate, most series don't really have firm end date as many old series gets remade. If you have an idea as how to run such a division alongside ISML proper, please post it.
wontaek is offline  
Old 2011-02-15, 22:59   Link #168
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Clearly Game still has his finger on the pulse of ISML. Well played. So which of the new crop do you pick to be major threats this year?
Tachibana Kanade will be in the top 10...almost guaranteed
With some luck Kuroneko or Kirino might take top 16

With a lot of wishful thinking maybe Mafuyu could get top 16 this year, but its highly unlikely.

I also pretty sure Mio will once again finish within the top 3, and Azusa in the top 5

Lets see if I eat my words.

OH YEAH I AM HOPING NAGATO PLACES HIGH THIS TIME! FUCKING DISAPPEARANCE IN BLURAY!!
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 00:09   Link #169
broken270
Defying gravity
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I lot of the winter series made it in and in high rankings as well, which I was quite surprised about. I guess ongoing series does make an important factor when voting for these girls. Heck, Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai might just pull off what K-ON! did last year. It would probably not be as successful as K-ON!, but because there will be a second season sometime in the spring that there may be a significant boost for them during regular season, assuming that they will make it in, in which I believe all three would. What I am afraid of is by the time the winter series is over around Aquamarine Period (they should still have some energy left during their final episodes left, not counting shows that last for two seasons). Sure, they would most likely due extremely well in the Preliminaries and make it to Regular Season, but they may crash by the time Aquamarine Period begins.
broken270 is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 05:22   Link #170
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
From reading the rule changes, I take it it's still a 50 participant regular season while postseason is now Single Elimination?
Correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Next year we should do something like try an organize the nomination of an older anime character that is only left out because of the recent nature of the contest.
Imo the biggest problem is that older means years of moe characters being animated. So different people would easily want to nominate different two characters. If it was a character many would like to nominate, then chances are they would get in even without your idea (like Kinomoto Sakura).
__________________

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2011-02-16 at 21:53.
chaosprophet is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 10:32   Link #171
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Tachibana Kanade will be in the top 10...almost guaranteed
With some luck Kuroneko or Kirino might take top 16
So you were also of the opinion that Triple K posed the greatest threat? Interesting.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 12:10   Link #172
Sphire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Age: 29
So only 5 of my noms got through, which doesn't bother me as much as Togame missing out by 1 vote?!?! Damn that's way too disheartening. Added to that HItei-hime is no where to be seen either. Luckily I've got some favs who auto-qualified, otherwise these results would've turned me off.

Didn't expect the school rumble girls to go through, but nice to see some votes. No zakuro or bakuman girls in either(even if results were heavy on newer shows), and the ones that did appear weren't the ones I nominated.

And while I didn't nominate her anyway, it's a pity Aizawa Sakuya didn't make it. I guess I'll be content that at least 5 of my picks made it.
__________________
Sphire is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 20:43   Link #173
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Aww only one of my votes got in ;-;
Ichuki is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 23:14   Link #174
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
I lot of the winter series made it in and in high rankings as well, which I was quite surprised about. I guess ongoing series does make an important factor when voting for these girls. Heck, Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai might just pull off what K-ON! did last year. It would probably not be as successful as K-ON!, but because there will be a second season sometime in the spring that there may be a significant boost for them during regular season, assuming that they will make it in, in which I believe all three would. What I am afraid of is by the time the winter series is over around Aquamarine Period (they should still have some energy left during their final episodes left, not counting shows that last for two seasons). Sure, they would most likely due extremely well in the Preliminaries and make it to Regular Season, but they may crash by the time Aquamarine Period begins.

Unfortunately for The World God Only Knows, its most popular "moe" character is Haqua (a reoccurring Tsundere), who only appeared in a teaser at the very end of the last episode of season 1, and so she did not get nominated this year. More interesting will be to see if a 3rd season is forth coming, as there is definitely enough material. In that case several of TWGOK girls will make reappearances, and thus their standing will possibly increase.
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 23:21   Link #175
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Unfortunately for The World God Only Knows, its most popular "moe" character is Haqua (a reoccurring Tsundere), who only appeared in a teaser at the very end of the last episode of season 1, and so she did not get nominated this year. More interesting will be to see if a 3rd season is forth coming, as there is definitely enough material. In that case several of TWGOK girls will make reappearances, and thus their standing will possibly increase.
I think that Elsie could make a push in the spring even if she's not most moe character in the show. Maybe a top 10 finish in a period?
__________________
DasDingus is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 23:24   Link #176
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
I dont know....Haqua may be my fav (and most awesome) character in TWGOK but in terms of RAW moe power Elsie is IMO waaaay ahead of the rest
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline  
Old 2011-02-17, 00:45   Link #177
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 44
For those who are interested in girls from older anime series, please post your lists in only 1 of the following links. I will collect the tally about a month from now and hopefully convince some people to use the results.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...59#post3490959

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/f...p=56279#p56279
wontaek is offline  
Old 2011-02-18, 09:38   Link #178
antigone
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
pitiful results. i don't get why Kirino is so popular for someone who has an irritating persona. And Kuroneko is just probably riding the Hanazawa Kana craze (who is not that good to begin with).

Thankfully Mikoto is already in or i would not have tolerated her finishing below the OreImo characters.
__________________
i don't get it.
antigone is offline  
Old 2011-02-18, 14:35   Link #179
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
Uh, I freaking love Kana Hanazawa's voice, but it's a relatively small part of why I like Kuroneko. I actually wasn't that big on her character in general early in OnI, but episode 9 and 11 convinced me. The former, because the duality of her home life and masquerade is endearing somehow, the latter because of her good natured teasing towards Kyousuke. The playful, charming type is among my favourite moe types but I don't see it done really well that often.

Nadeko - probably my favourite Hanazawa character - is probably the only Hanazawa character I really like where I consider her voice to be of great importance - and even there there's a lot of other factors at work.

More interesting to me is that the two main Ore no Imouto girls were so close in votes - a phenomena that also occured with characters from a few other shows. Unforunately not with Yosuga no Sora though (Akira > Sora).

I see Chihiro, Yuuko, and Matsuri didn't make it again but I'm used to that by now - the weak performance of Zakuro and company was a bigger disappointment for me.
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline  
Old 2011-02-18, 17:08   Link #180
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Uh, I freaking love Kana Hanazawa's voice, but it's a relatively small part of why I like Kuroneko. I actually wasn't that big on her character in general early in OnI, but episode 9 and 11 convinced me. The former, because the duality of her home life and masquerade is endearing somehow, the latter because of her good natured teasing towards Kyousuke. The playful, charming type is among my favourite moe types but I don't see it done really well that often.

Nadeko - probably my favourite Hanazawa character - is probably the only Hanazawa character I really like where I consider her voice to be of great importance - and even there there's a lot of other factors at work.

More interesting to me is that the two main Ore no Imouto girls were so close in votes - a phenomena that also occured with characters from a few other shows. Unforunately not with Yosuga no Sora though (Akira > Sora).

I see Chihiro, Yuuko, and Matsuri didn't make it again but I'm used to that by now - the weak performance of Zakuro and company was a bigger disappointment for me.
Same. In the first few episodes, Kuroneko doesn't seem like the type I like. But she's in my top 2 when the series ended.
KholdStare is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, moe, saimoe, tournament

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.