AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-08, 02:37   Link #21
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Hmm, Dog Days has nothing to do with Nanoha, even they are from Seven Arcs studio.
I don't recall saying it was. It's pretty much the same staff as Nanoha, so as far as quality goes, it's probably going to be along the lines of Nanoha.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 12:52   Link #22
Kagura89
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
The official site is up now!

http://www.dogdays.tv/
__________________
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:01   Link #23
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
That's a lot of animal ears on the cast. Every one but Izumi sports a pair.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:25   Link #24
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Age: 22
I have a feeling this series is going to be ridiculous, but I think I'll enjoy it. I hope a trailer comes out soon.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 10:42   Link #25
tootbrush
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In a better place. Like the beach. But NOT the moon.
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Hmm, Dog Days has nothing to do with Nanoha, even they are from Seven Arcs studio.
I wonder about that. Looking at how every character seems to be wearing the latest in Barrier Jacket fashion from the Nanoha universe, I wouldn't be surprised if they're connected somehow, however slightly. Sink (?) even seems to be brandishing an Intelligent Device. :P

Either that or TPTB are having a hard time coming up with original clothing designs that look like they might protect the characters in battle.
tootbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 19:40   Link #26
Sage Shinigami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So this show is ZnT by the creators of Nanoha? Honestly, it looks like crap to me but it all depends on how they play it...
ZnT would have been fine if Louise hadn't been an insufferable character and the story had more substance.

I have confidence in the creators of Nanoha.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 19:54   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
ZnT would have been fine if Louise hadn't been an insufferable character and the story had more substance.
Hey Louise is awesome!

...She is the first tsundere character ever that had make me not support a tsundere in the romance department

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
I have confidence in the creators of Nanoha.
I can't shake the feeling that it would turn out very much like Nanoha, for better or worse.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 10:47   Link #28
Sage Shinigami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hey Louise is awesome!

...She is the first tsundere character ever that had make me not support a tsundere in the romance department
I can never support tsundere, because I don't have time for characters that are mental five year olds. I'm sorry, but you're a teenager/in your 20s. Act like it, and stop "pushing your crush into the dirt on the playground" like people do when they're in kindergarten.

But Louise set a new precedence at being an awful, awful, absolutely deplorable character. (Like, slavery. Not funny. Seriously. Wrap it in cute characters all you want.)

Quote:
I can't shake the feeling that it would turn out very much like Nanoha, for better or worse.
*shrugs* Depends on your view of Nanoha. It's my favorite series of all time, so should Dog Days end up like that? Neat! If Dog Days makes MSLN into a meta-series? AWESOME.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 12:41   Link #29
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
I can never support tsundere, because I don't have time for characters that are mental five year olds. I'm sorry, but you're a teenager/in your 20s. Act like it, and stop "pushing your crush into the dirt on the playground" like people do when they're in kindergarten.

But Louise set a new precedence at being an awful, awful, absolutely deplorable character. (Like, slavery. Not funny. Seriously. Wrap it in cute characters all you want.)
I have to agree kinda, I don't mind tsunderes on the whole, guess over the top ones tend to not work so well but I actually dislike Lousie quite alot.
I didn't mind her at all to begin with but after the 1st season it went down hill and she is now one of the few characters I dislike.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
*shrugs* Depends on your view of Nanoha. It's my favorite series of all time, so should Dog Days end up like that? Neat! If Dog Days makes MSLN into a meta-series? AWESOME.
+1 I love Nanoha so something similar I guess I won't mind altho I am hoping for something new or at least different on the whole.
I won't mind if some ideas are taken from Nanoha.
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 13:08   Link #30
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So this show is ZnT by the creators of Nanoha? Honestly, it looks like crap to me but it all depends on how they play it...

Very early 2000s, either way.



Maeda's popularity is in the gutter because of it, though. Poor Maeda.



Well, what I think Aniplex is trying to do is create the 'next Haruhi', in the sense of a production with high staying power and a massive, devout fanbase. So far they've failed to do that, at least from my point of view.
Why are we comparing this to Haruhi? Haruhi was crap, so is K-on, which both succeeded on the market scale because of the blindness of KyoAni fanatics.

This MAY or MAY not have the potential of being a hit.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2011-01-16 at 16:21.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 12:40   Link #31
sebo3e
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Send a message via MSN to sebo3e
I hope it will be promising i liked nanoha series so meybe this will be good to ugh
so yeah of course i am talkin about dog days
sebo3e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 13:09   Link #32
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
And stasis tanks, stasis tanks everywhere.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 22:29   Link #33
billborden
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pacific Northwest
Age: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Why are we comparing this to Haruhi? Haruhi was crap, so is K-on, which both succeeded on the market scale because of the blindness of KyoAni fanatics.

This MAY or MAY not have the potential of being a hit.
You may believe whatever you wish, but both the degree of addict devotion and sales of the videos and secondary merchandise suggest that you are in something of a...small...minority.

That being said, I'm looking forward to this one and hoping that it will make a name for itself on it's own merits. I get a bit tired of the "we included a character from series X, so this is part of that, honest" routine.
__________________
billborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 15:17   Link #34
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
the blindness of KyoAni fanatics.
Poor Munto. FORGOTTEN FOREVER!
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 17:35   Link #35
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
The Nanoha comparisons can continue. It's rumored Nana Mizuki is to sing the theme song.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 15:11   Link #36
Sage Shinigami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The Nanoha comparisons can continue. It's rumored Nana Mizuki is to sing the theme song.
Excellent. All is as it should be, then. (If it happens, that is.)
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 15:54   Link #37
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
Excellent. All is as it should be, then. (If it happens, that is.)
So, Mizuki will release a single for Dog Days under I've Sound (Geneon Universal), according to Moonphase's diary.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 22:21   Link #38
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
So, Mizuki will release a single for Dog Days under I've Sound (Geneon Universal), according to Moonphase's diary.
Definately seems that way, doesn't it?
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 01:25   Link #39
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Definately seems that way, doesn't it?
She does the opening theme. Since the music is labeled by I've, I think that KOTOKO will perform the ending theme.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 03:31   Link #40
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
She does the opening theme. Since the music is labeled by I've, I think that KOTOKO will perform the ending theme.
Well, that could vary. I've has lots of singers, including three new members. Juding from the art and such, it most likely will be KOTOKO, Kaori Utatsuki, or Larval Stage Planning.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.