AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-05, 03:08   Link #1
raduccio

shows similar to Nodame Cantabile

It may sound stupid but it doesn't have to be about music. It can have similar characters, plot or style.
I especially liked the chemistry between the two main characters so if you know something similar please let me know.
Old 2011-01-05, 09:31   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Both Planetes, set in outer space, and Toshokan Sensou, set in a dystopic near future, have a similar type of romantic relationship as the one between Nodame and Chiaki. In both shows there's a younger woman working with a slightly older "senpai" to whom she becomes emotionally attached.

Honey and Clover is also often mentioned as simliar to Nodame Cantabile. Both shows were produced by the same staffs and aired on Noitamina. Personally, I never got into H&C the way I did with Nodame.
Old 2011-01-05, 21:25   Link #3
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Honey and Clover is definitely a good recommendation for Nodame cantabile, it's recent, the art is similar and it's grown up material.

For a older yet classical and influential, good romance story I'd recommend Maison Ikkoku, it has a goofy start but gets serious later on.
Old 2011-01-07, 00:10   Link #4
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

I'll support the already mentioned Honey and Clover. It took me a while to get into it; I actually gave up on it at one point, then came back with determination and ended up enjoying the series immensely.
  • Kiniro no Corda: Primo Passo - Music! And a little bit of magic, love, and strengthening of character.
  • Glass Mask (2005) - Drama! The main character works mostly on the stage, with some film work. An addicting show
  • Skip Beat! - Drama! A more recent show than Glass Mask, this focuses more on the television side of acting. There's definitely more humor in this series as well, with our wonderfully comical protagonist, Mogami Kyouko.
  • Hidamari Sketch - Art! There are actually 3 seasons of this episodic cuteness. Not sure if you'll like, since it's soft, and quirky, and the animation incorporates some of the artsy graphics associated with those in this academic field.

My Anime List

ISML
Old 2011-01-07, 04:40   Link #5
raduccio

Thanks guys! I didn't expect so many recommendations.
Closed Thread