AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-18, 14:33   Link #481
sikvod00

I like how there was no definitive resolution to Haruka's marriage problem by the end of the episode. It made the situation more poignantand bittersweet; relationships really aren't easy and some people merely endure through them. As for the whole concept of being married and still living with your parents...oh, boy. I love my immediate family and all, but that shit does not fly with me, and their ordeal pretty much illustrated the pitfalls of such a thing. Of course Haruka can't express her feelings and be herself when she feels like a stranger in her own home. =(
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 15:27   Link #482
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I love Usagi Drop, and this episode. All substance, no flash.

Spoiler for 7:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 15:32   Link #483
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I love Usagi Drop, and this episode. All substance, no flash.

Spoiler for 7:
Agree agree agree.... now if I could just get ms. loli-tsundere to sit still long enough to watch it ((gives chase))
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 15:40   Link #484
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Very human episode. The anime original scenes (like Haruko's walk around the town) added so much to this already well written and touching story from the manga. I didn't think i could be anymore impressed with this adaptation, but wow this episode.

Daikichi has the best bed hair ever.
Old 2011-08-18, 15:43   Link #485
Haak
F**k my life...

Watching Haruka talk about how she would just have to bear with her lousy marriage was just heartbreaking. No one should have to feel constantly isolated like that. And Daikichi once again proved how great he is for offering Haruka a place to get away from her troubles. Brilliant episode.

And watching those kids pwn their parents was just hilarious.
Old 2011-08-18, 15:45   Link #486
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Yes great episode. It shows you that's not easy to be a family in this kind of society. But damn really great. Usagi Drop is really this kind of serie that make you realize what's really important.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 15:57   Link #487
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I got Wandering Son vibes during this episode. That's a good thing, by the way.

No wasted motion in Usagi Drop. Everything conversation builds upon at least one relationship. Every sideways glance is at least meaningful, if not vital. The scenes of everyday life just happening ring so true that it becomes gripping, and you don't even realize how invested you are until it's over, and you check the clock thinking "That can't possibly have been 22 minutes already".

Episode 7 was probably the best self-contained story so far in the series, but still drives the plot forward. Color me impressed.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 16:07   Link #488
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Another great ep. Liked the moments with Kouki and his mom the best though.
Old 2011-08-18, 16:16   Link #489
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 7 was incredible. Simply incredible. It pains me so much that we most likely won't another anime of that caliber on Noitamina anytime soon - or anywhere really, it's just that good. Usagi Drop is exactly the kind of series that made me fall in love with Noitamina in the first place.

Haruka's predicament is terribly realistic and moving. The subtlety of the directing and the writing is indeed wonderful. All substance, no flash, as Guarding Enzo put it. Other anime *cough*AnoHana*cough* could have benefited from such an approach.

Another thing I loved is that despite the drama, this episode was still full of heartwarming (Rin and Reina sleeping together while holding hands was dawww) and funny moments. The scene after the ED was spot-on. Curse shopping!
Old 2011-08-18, 16:17   Link #490
Sol Falling

Now that is a good episode. I've been somewhat hard on Usagi Drop up to this point but here is the first ep I can say I fully enjoyed with zero reservations. Adult/married life really can seem like shit sometimes; I know my own parents' past and present relationship/relationships have done their part in giving me a picture of domestic unhappiness. Where can/does real love come from in this society? That's a damn good question without a whole lot of answers.

As for real family, though (where it comes from), at least, Usagi Drop has done a good job of showing it this episode. The temporary haven Haruka managed to find with Daikichi in this episode was lovely. Daikichi did show a bit of insensitivity to Haruka's frustrations, and Haruka is definitely self-servingly sowing seeds of discord by badmouthing her dad in front of Reina, but ultimately it feels like a lot of good happened. 'Twas nice.

Anyway, 'strange drama' or not, I would totally love it if Daikichi x Kouki's mom actually happened. Given that hey, Daikichi is obviously interested, I wonder if this show will actually seriously explore this issue. I can see a fairly powerful statement being made on real life if it turns out Kouki's mother is aware and uninterested. That would force me to genuinely take the romance in this series seriously. As it is, though, Rin + Kouki + Daikichi + Kouki's mom make such a cute little family that I am shipping them at the speed of light.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 33/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 18:32   Link #491
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Really great episode and really real ! It happened to my sister and some cousins too... i can understand Haruko's feelings... this kind of problem are really shit matters...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 18:33   Link #492
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I don't understand passive and resilient that well. Watching Haruko deal with her husband feels really alien to me. The women I'm related to (my grandmothers, 8 aunts, 14 cousins, and 9 female children of cousins older than me [I'm youngest of 26 first cousins]) are all very intense and controlling.
Old 2011-08-18, 18:48   Link #493
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I don't understand passive and resilient that well. Watching Haruko deal with her husband feels really alien to me. The women I'm related to (my grandmothers, 8 aunts, 14 cousins, and 9 female children of cousins older than me [I'm youngest of 26 first cousins]) are all very intense and controlling.
It just didn't happen to your family that's all.
With my own experience , i'll say that generally this kind of problem happens on family that have some family's traditions and their own rules etc.... Well , it's really complicated.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 23:22   Link #494
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
It just didn't happen to your family that's all.
With my own experience , i'll say that generally this kind of problem happens on family that have some family's traditions and their own rules etc.... Well , it's really complicated.
In the end I can only feel sympathy for Haruka and those people who have to live in that kind of situation. Just glad things in my family weren't that bad. Just a really unfortunate situation, while I haven't experienced it can still understand it. You'd think with all the overtime that husband is doing that he could move out, but I guess the situation is perfectly comfortable for him so no pressure.

While realistic still unfortunate there wasn't a good solution here. Haruka just has to endure it with possible breaks to Daikichi's house (while taking Reina over) to help get a rest. Well at least seems like she'll be able to hang in there.
Old 2011-08-19, 02:14   Link #495
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
/yawn

I'm getting tired of praising Usagi Drop at this point, so I'm just going to say I'll give the latest episode (ep 7) 10/10 .
Old 2011-08-19, 02:15   Link #496
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This was a much much better episode than last week, it was in a different league altogether.

I was being hard on Usagi Drop, but that's because it can deliver fantastic episodes like this that I have to be hard on it.

My favorite moment of the episode definitely goes to when Daikichi stopped for a moment when he returned at night with Rin to see his house lighted up, imagining what it would be like if he was married. That sort of directing subtlety was just amazing.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 03:01   Link #497
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This was a much much better episode than last week, it was in a different league altogether.
I still find the dislike for episode 6 pretty crazy.
Old 2011-08-19, 03:02   Link #498
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Same. Really, it's been the same old for the past 7 episodes. Maybe the pilot episode was a bit more dramatic then the rest though.
Old 2011-08-19, 03:10   Link #499
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Maybe I was in a bad mood, I can't say .

But hey, I didn't say episode 6 was bad, it just wasn't at the same greatness for me as I perceived the other episodes. Something just felt off and I could never quite get into it (I tried to elaborate a little why possibly earlier). But who knows. Like I said, may have just been my mood that day .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 03:26   Link #500
poisui

I finally caught up to episode 7. This series is definitely one of my top 3 of the season. I'm totally going to read the manga after the anime is over. <:

Kouki's mom is so cute. 8D
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance