AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-16, 20:26   Link #2321
JohnNiles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Wait, I think something just hit me.

What the heck happened to the little girl that represented chibi Haruka? Where did she go?
Haruka took her home.

Rena-style.

Well, that's my guess.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 21:31   Link #2322
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A post I saw earlier said it best: The reason that Haruka is the most affected by the idols by the fracture (and thus the most sensitive to it) is because the reason for her becoming an idol is tied into the entire issue of friendship and bonds. All of the other idols we know of have incredibly clear-cut reasons to become idols: Iori to prove her self worth, Miki to show her best, Makoto to change her self-image, Yayoi and Hibiki to support their families, Chihaya as a tribute to her brother's legacy (which changed to singing because she loved it), etc... and yet the one common thread is that these goals can be accomplished irrelevant of whether they are in 765 or not. While Haruka does have her own 'selfish' reason to be an idol (simply wanting to be one), her motivation stems more from her friendship with the others. Thus, all of the others would not come to the same realization as quickly because they're all absorbed in their own dreams that have been realized now that they are idols.

Makoto herself addressed the point you made about them knowing about the problem: they felt the same way about it too, but didn't manage to think about the solution to it. And realization of something people already know happens alot of times in life, talking from personal experience: that feeling at the back of your head that you know instinctively, but you need someone else to point it out for you, which seems to be precisely what happened here.

So I respectfully disagree about it being "not so well written", though I can understand it being more personal preference about the direction of the writing than whatnot.
I agree with this opinion...

And i wanna add something.
As i said on last week. This wont happen if 765Pro's time and resource management is good.
The idols is too busy working seperately to notice something is wrong until, well, something wrong is happened.

That's why others just realized something is wrong, when suddenly, Haruka took the extreme way, hiatus from her job. Even Ritsuko is not confident if her way of time managing is right when Haruka going hiatus.

Even one of the outsider is saying, "If you're all working separately all the time, you'd never know how the others are doing."
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 22:08   Link #2323
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Haruka sad I dont like it
__________________
Master_Yoma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 22:52   Link #2324
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
Finally saw some screenshots- this episode is trippin' balls. I wonder how far back those hallucinations extend...
Reminds me of this one part in DBZ abridged.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 00:31   Link #2325
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Impressions:

This directing really felt familiar. Like having the cute and adorable character do a scene in a play which coincidentally mirrors her inner thoughts so that she can be both in and out of character at the same time.

...that was almost schizophernic, Haruka.

And what kind of a advertisement is that?!

Never had I needed to SoD so often in a single iM@S episode. But that felt good.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 01:36   Link #2326
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Albany
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
reply

Seeing Haruka lying in bed with that tired and empty look on her face probably hit me more than her crying before...just looking so...lost...
__________________
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Come on! I don't feel like losing!" - Johnny Ridden, The Crimson Lightning
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato, The Nightmare of Solomon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 01:51   Link #2327
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
I perfectly understand that everyone have different goals in their minds, and it's not that easy to understand one heart give their very heavy schedule. However, it's not like they know each other since they became famous. They have spent a considerably amount of time before that too, so basically, they grew together, I would expect they understand more of each other. Because I believe the time they spent with other and Haruka being their helping hand should hint more than enough for that. I don't want to admit their bond is that shallow for them to be taken surprise by the fact that Haruka want to be together.
You do realize that even among close friends, secrets remain among each other, ex. none of the idols know anything much about Takane even to this day. Also, the only reason Chihaya managed to clue in on Haruka is because she spent a lot of time around her, and thus managed to notice her decline, and heck it took Haruka doing something drastic for Chihaya to take decisive action and realizing what the true situation was. It takes direct contact and observation to "read" a person's moods and feelings, something that's not possible when they're all going about doing their jobs away from each other. It also really doesn't help that Haruka has always been this cheerful, energetic gal that always tries to hide her unease behind her smiles right up until the point she broke.

Haruka hides it, they couldn't pick up on it, so how are they supposed to "read" the situation around her? Initially, they all thought that Haruka was only gung-ho about the practice for their Live because it's one of their most important Year end events.

I don't see any sign that their reactions to the incident makes them not as close as they should be. It happens all the time IRL, so why should it become unbelievable when it happens in fiction? What's important is that once they did realize the situation, they acted to remedy the situation for Haruka's (and Chihaya's) sake, going so far as to use a widescreen CM screen as their personal apology/invitation (which is something you don't see much IRL).
__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 01:51   Link #2328
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Seeing Haruka lying in bed with that tired and empty look on her face probably hit me more than her crying before...just looking so...lost...
Speaking of that, I'm sure everyone noticed the slight details they added to this episode, right? The shadowing and reddish tones on their faces really made it feel like a cold and harsh winter setting.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 03:06   Link #2329
Zavie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You do realize that even among close friends, secrets remain among each other, ex. none of the idols know anything much about Takane even to this day. Also, the only reason Chihaya managed to clue in on Haruka is because she spent a lot of time around her, and thus managed to notice her decline, and heck it took Haruka doing something drastic for Chihaya to take decisive action and realizing what the true situation was. It takes direct contact and observation to "read" a person's moods and feelings, something that's not possible when they're all going about doing their jobs away from each other. It also really doesn't help that Haruka has always been this cheerful, energetic gal that always tries to hide her unease behind her smiles right up until the point she broke.
Takane acts different from Haruka, that's why I don't think it's right to compare the two. Sure, everyone has their own secrets, but that secret is different from each people. Haruka tried to hide her issue, but I don't think her secret is supposed to be a mystery here. I'll come to next point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Haruka hides it, they couldn't pick up on it, so how are they supposed to "read" the situation around her? Initially, they all thought that Haruka was only gung-ho about the practice for their Live because it's one of their most important Year end events.
I seriously doubt that given the previous episode (22). I mean, look at the way when everybody apologized Haruka for not being able to come to the pratice. All the huggings and sad expressions told me that they were perfectly aware of Haruka's issue, at least to me, they were feeling really about not getting together that made Haruka upset about it. Yes, there's the Live and all. But the way ep 22 expressed just make me feel there was more about that they could see in Haruka. Even if it wasn't not that solid, but it shouldn't shook them that much the way ep 23 presented (to me).

Like I said, I wanted them to focus more on the helplessness of the girls and them being more reflective about it rather than spouting out stuff about Haruka they was so obvious to me at that point. And this is my preference, unfortunately. The writing was good, just that couple of lines that didn't do it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I don't see any sign that their reactions to the incident makes them not as close as they should be. It happens all the time IRL, so why should it become unbelievable when it happens in fiction? What's important is that once they did realize the situation, they acted to remedy the situation for Haruka's (and Chihaya's) sake, going so far as to use a widescreen CM screen as their personal apology/invitation (which is something you don't see much IRL).
I'm not talking about that circumstance alone (yes, it happens all the time). But the fact that to me, with all the build up for one and a half episode, the way they solved it was unexpected from what I had in mind, and I'm simply bothered by it. And of course I agree with the importance is how they took the action afterward.

Well, if you're not convinced by all that. I'll shut my mouth for now
__________________
Zavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 03:47   Link #2330
U<3Anime
Boo!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
b'awwww

Spoiler:

God damnit, those kids.......When they started singing, I just lost it. Streaks of tears just streamed down from my eyes.

Man, what an emotional roller coaster IM@S has become. I'll BAWWWW' some more next week, since it will be the finale.
__________________
omg Ku-chan!
U<3Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 03:48   Link #2331
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Director didn't die, so we'll get a cute, rather than dramatic finale... for better or worse

Anyway, for me Chihaya and Haruka episodes were the most interesting, approaching Xenoglossia, but otherwise it was fun to watch, cutter girls and better animation than K-On! unfortunately, stalked by a useless dick, that failed even with his demise to contribute
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 06:15   Link #2332
Kamui04
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Wait, I think something just hit me.

What the heck happened to the little girl that represented chibi Haruka? Where did she go?
Chibi Haruka was her inner ghost/illusion, she didn't kidnap anyone. If you watch the ep again and pause at 16:45 you'll see that all 13 elementary kids stayed in the playground. From right to left you can see the elementary kid versions of Yayoi, Ami, Mami and Haruka.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2011-12-17 at 06:46.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 06:45   Link #2333
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS BEFORE!!!

What we saw fellas, is time travel.

Remember Chihaya's "mom"? That wasn't her mom. It was Chihaya herself from the future, bringing back something that would avert her future, and repair the damage to the timeline caused by the Black President. But this causes Haruka to be caught in the Steins;Gate.

Now with the timeline repaired, Haruka from the alternate future (the one in the concert costume) brings her past self (chibi Haruka) to the present Haruka to get her out of the rut. And by changing the present without changing the outcome, happy ends all around.



MY BRAIN IS SHOT. MY BODY IS LADY!!

__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 06:51   Link #2334
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Also, did anyone feel the significance in that preview with the "Everyone! We here at 765PRO will be together with you forever! Next time, let's all enjoy our sparkling performance together!"

This shit's actually coming to end...

;_____;

edit: @MeisterBabylon: My word... :0
__________________
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 07:03   Link #2335
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Watched episode 24 today.

My respect for Miki is back, she isn't a bad girl after all. Only competitive.
And it feels a little different when she's talking seriously.

Confused Haruka looks so pitiful, Ritsuko and Miki look bewildered while they listened to her. She understands that everyone needs to advance their career, but it could lead to them leaving her alone. Anyway, I'm glad there's a good end to her problem.

Hoping there's a season 2!!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 07:16   Link #2336
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 24 today.

My respect for Miki is back, she isn't a bad girl after all. Only competitive.
And it feels a little different when she's talking seriously.
Back? How dare you disrespect Miki in the first place?

While Miki does have that competitive spirit -- it should be aimed at idols from other agencies, rather than someone within her own company. Though, competition among "teammates" isn't all that bad either.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 07:25   Link #2337
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Back? How dare you disrespect Miki in the first place?

While Miki does have that competitive spirit -- it should be aimed at idols from other agencies, rather than someone within her own company. Though, competition among "teammates" isn't all that bad either.
Humu! My Miki is always the best girl

I forgot to note on how good Haruka's acting was Well I guess being in emotional turmoil helped her..a lot
Quote:
WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS BEFORE!!!

What we saw fellas, is time travel.

Remember Chihaya's "mom"? That wasn't her mom. It was Chihaya herself from the future, bringing back something that would avert her future, and repair the damage to the timeline caused by the Black President. But this causes Haruka to be caught in the Steins;Gate.

Now with the timeline repaired, Haruka from the alternate future (the one in the concert costume) brings her past self (chibi Haruka) to the present Haruka to get her out of the rut. And by changing the present without changing the outcome, happy ends all around.



MY BRAIN IS SHOT. MY BODY IS LADY!!
That explains a lot Did you guys remember how Chihaya's mother seemed to disappear out of thin air after she gave something to Haruka?


oh btw :
Spoiler:

No IM@S, No Life ;_;
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。



Last edited by Von Himmel; 2011-12-17 at 07:37.
Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 08:24   Link #2338
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
No IM@S, No Life ;_;
But... IM@S IS FOREVER!!!!!!!!

*ehem*

Anyways, now for something that's been making the rounds...



What... Am... I... Watching....
__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 09:16   Link #2339
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Anime World
Age: 19
Finally managed to make some time to watch episode 24.

The start of the episode differed from what I thought would happen. I expected to see everyone looking more sad and to see more of Haruka and Miki going back and forth (Thank God it didn't happen, that would have been hard to watch)

But after finishing the episode, I can see now that instead of releasing it all in one go, they decided to break it into bits and have it effect Haruka throughout the episode. It was quite well done, and you could easily see the facial details on Haruka being effected by it.

At least we get a happy ending this episode with them all finally coming together. And also, Producer is allivvee, woo!
__________________
Gintaro from Gingitsune
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 09:33   Link #2340
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
@Lowe:

I see Tohsaka Chihaya. Now I've seen it all.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.