AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-30, 09:10   Link #2581
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Yakusoku sounds so beautiful. T_T
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 09:35   Link #2582
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
That's a really long version...
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 09:36   Link #2583
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Do we have a full Yakusoku version which are the same than the anime one ?
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 10:22   Link #2584
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
the cover is just omg.

lolwut

Spoiler:
So Gar So Flat So Big
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 10:29   Link #2585
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Do we have a full Yakusoku version which are the same than the anime one ?
There is the TV version and the the Chihaya version, which is 7min. long.

Man, that song. It does some weird shiet to you.

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So Gar So Flat So Big
Chihaya's so adorable in that pic. :3
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 13:00   Link #2586
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
And i want this !!!
Oh my... Oh my oh my... Oh my oh my oh my...
Now there's a cover that reaches out and grabs you.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 16:06   Link #2587
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
some figures from C81

http://akibahobby-c2.sakura.ne.jp/im...1229/c014.html
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 11:32   Link #2588
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
There is the TV version and the the Chihaya version, which is 7min. long.

Man, that song. It does some weird shiet to you.

Spoiler:


Chihaya's so adorable in that pic. :3
Holy fuck o.o;

If all of that is real...then...then o.o; I guess all those things about Haruka and Chihaya being able to see ghost is REAL and can also manifest in real life too!

I've been listening to that 4 minutes version too these few days... I must say that it always greatly motivates me when I feel down and tired because of the upcoming final exam in 2nd January
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 13:27   Link #2589
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Midonin's The Two iDOLM@STERs Comparison Diary
Week Twenty Three

For the first time since I started doing this, the nature of the characters in the show have done a complete 180. In iM@S, everyone's pretty well adjusted, having had their focus episode and their demons dealt with, but there's that sense of loneliness I brought up when I reviewed episode 23. In Xenoglossia, I wouldn't say anybody's well adjusted (if anything, Chihaya's gotten crazier this week. Far, far crazier. Makoto's not exactly right in the head either.), but Mondenkind is working together with far greater efficiency than they have pretty much all series.

I've never really touched on romance, but this is one week where both shows are good for it. iM@S was overall pretty light on the romantic stuff. Miki had her crush, and Azusa was obviously looking for love, but it was in the background. From the second half onward, Xenoglossia has been about two girls and a robot in a love triangle, culminating in Imber saving Haruka from a fall. While in iM@S it's Haruka who accidentally makes the Producer fall. But he has no robot hands around to save him. The results aren't nearly as pretty.

The short version is that the shows essentially swapped tones this week, with Xeno being about struggling and succeeding, and iM@S falling further into an existential crisis of time. I wonder if they'll re-converge.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 15:59   Link #2590
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall
Hmm ... well, the last two evenings I sat down and watched the two "halves" of iM@S all at once to try and get an overview of the show in my mind.

Well firstly I have to say that it was just as enjoyable steamrolling the series as it was having it trickle teased out to me 1 ep a week.

Secondly I have to say that each of the idols (and unexpectedly Ritsuko and Kotori) got a chance to stand in their own "spotlight" for at least an ep, and for me the ones who got "shortchanged" the most were Hibiki and the twins. The best spotlight focus for me went to Yayoi, Azusa and (curiously) Makoto - meaning I thought their episodes were the most interesting. I really liked the three multi-ep/arc story receivers: Miki, Chihaya and Haruka.

I guess what struck me the most when watching the series in retrospect was how major a figure Haruka was throughout - very often quiet and in the background and easy to miss, when I watches the series through a second time knowing more about eps 22-24 Haruka REALLY stood out for me.

I know I have said this over and over again, but this series really was the biggest surprise for me in 2011; so much so that it made my "top fave 10" list.

Thanks to all who worked on this series coming from a person who knew nothing of iM@S before it aired. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
__________________
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 18:04   Link #2591
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
So... how many have gone back to rewatch this whole thing?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 18:06   Link #2592
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
So... how many have gone back to rewatch this whole thing?
Oooo ... oooo ... me!

__________________
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 18:29   Link #2593
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Oooo ... oooo ... me!

When I started this series -- about 14-16 episodes already broadcasted... I was like... meh... until I heard "Moony". Being more appreciative, I can actually pay a bit more attention to these earlier eps. with a different perspective.

For example, I didn't remember about the existence of Yukiho. Then I go: oh, she's the androphobe upon rewatching.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 18:30   Link #2594
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
When I started this series -- about 14-16 episodes already broadcasted... I was like... meh... until I heard "Moony". Being more appreciative, I can actually pay a bit more attention to these earlier eps. with a different perspective.

For example, I didn't remember about the existence of Yukiho. Then I go: oh, she's the androphobe upon rewatching.
So you have also re-watched it in full from the beginning?
__________________
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 18:30   Link #2595
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Almost rewatched the whole thing because there are several episodes which I keep coming back to such as the beach episode, Iori's visit to Yayoi house, Makoto and Producer "date", etc.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-01-01 at 01:10.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 18:34   Link #2596
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
So you have also re-watched it in full from the beginning?
I've just started -- while I do my laundry.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 20:24   Link #2597
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
I did, 5 times except for the last 4 episodes.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 23:48   Link #2598
Kamui04
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Umm let's see, at least 3 times for each weekly raw, plus at least once or twice for each different sub. Then add a few extra repeats for Eps like 5, 13, 20, 21 and 25. And a final marathon of all eps last weekend and now add the BDs Vol 1-3.

Now reflecting on the various comments after the end of the series, this is just my thought and take it with a grain of salt.
-Those that were fans of the original material, the IM@S games, for the most part were able to enjoy the series.
-Also those that weren't expecting much from the get go, as in the anime being just another marketing ploy, simply exploiting the franchise name, or just another cliched generic slice-of-life with cutesy girls, were mostly surprised.
-On the other hand there are those people that dropped the series early on either because it wasn't Xenoglossia or couldn't stand cute girls or didn't give it an opportunity after the first few Eps or many other reasons not to watch it.
-And then there are those that dropped early for one reason or another, but came back after reading the buzz about the very good Episodes, most of them fall in the mixed bag of opinions. They either still hold a negative view of the series or liked the good episodes but still see it as not enough to save the series balanced against the other episodes that they don't consider good enough.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2012-01-01 at 00:08.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 00:55   Link #2599
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
So... how many have gone back to rewatch this whole thing?
Not really re-watching but I'm working on AMV for Haruka and Chihaya so I'm aware of a lot of moments and scenes by now
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 09:56   Link #2600
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Umm let's see, at least 3 times for each weekly raw, plus at least once or twice for each different sub. Then add a few extra repeats for Eps like 5, 13, 20, 21 and 25. And a final marathon of all eps last weekend and now add the BDs Vol 1-3.

Now reflecting on the various comments after the end of the series, this is just my thought and take it with a grain of salt.
-Those that were fans of the original material, the IM@S games, for the most part were able to enjoy the series.
-Also those that weren't expecting much from the get go, as in the anime being just another marketing ploy, simply exploiting the franchise name, or just another cliched generic slice-of-life with cutesy girls, were mostly surprised.
-On the other hand there are those people that dropped the series early on either because it wasn't Xenoglossia or couldn't stand cute girls or didn't give it an opportunity after the first few Eps or many other reasons not to watch it.
-And then there are those that dropped early for one reason or another, but came back after reading the buzz about the very good Episodes, most of them fall in the mixed bag of opinions. They either still hold a negative view of the series or liked the good episodes but still see it as not enough to save the series balanced against the other episodes that they don't consider good enough.
lol, sounds rather accurate to me.
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.