AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-09, 14:05   Link #2641
Kamui04
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
LOL at Takane's dish. xD
Need more beansprouts, and I mean a mountain of them!
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 22:06   Link #2642
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
>Have Yukiho as favourite
>Find out after who knows how long that her name is actually Yuki

( ゚Д゚)
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 04:07   Link #2643
Unknown Soldier
:D
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
A half-pound onigiri. I want to see someone make a video of themselves finishing that monster and put it on Youtube. They have to say "Afu~" after finishing it too or no credit.

Haruka's and Chihaya's dishes have some serious pun going on.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 09:14   Link #2644
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 346Pro
Age: 28
I just realized... HOW DOES ONE DRINK BLACK VINEGAR?! Makoto's drink is too manly!!
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:26   Link #2645
Miraluka
Shigure too OP
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I just realized... HOW DOES ONE DRINK BLACK VINEGAR?! Makoto's drink is too manly!!
Because Vinegar can't be spelled without GAR.
__________________

Yuusha-bu gokajo, hitooooootsu!!!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:32   Link #2646
Flower
Purrrrfectly cuddly!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamato, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Because Vinegar can't be spelled without GAR.
-_-

__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:46   Link #2647
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I want to try my favorite girl's dish, "Digging a Hole" pie.

Were all the dishes actually appeared in the anime?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:38   Link #2648
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Nope. lol

some were just made up
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:48   Link #2649
Miraluka
Shigure too OP
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
-_-

How mean!
I'll get you kidnapped to educate your manners..
__________________

Yuusha-bu gokajo, hitooooootsu!!!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:55   Link #2650
Flower
Purrrrfectly cuddly!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamato, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
How mean!

I'll get you kidnapped to educate your manners..


Ummm ... please don't?

__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:59   Link #2651
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post


Ummm ... please don't?

Take your kidnapping like a man to repent your unforgivable sin!
Wait, what's happening?
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 22:04   Link #2652
Flower
Purrrrfectly cuddly!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamato, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Take your kidnapping like a man to repent your unforgivable sin!


Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Wait, what's happening?
I'm not all that sure myself tbh.
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 22:10   Link #2653
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Come on now, we already had several similar events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
A half-pound onigiri. I want to see someone make a video of themselves finishing that monster and put it on Youtube. They have to say "Afu~" after finishing it too or no credit.
An average bowl of rice is around 210 grams, so 300 grams isn't that big a deal. I'm actually angry at the small amount of fried something they have on the side, though. I want more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I just realized... HOW DOES ONE DRINK BLACK VINEGAR?! Makoto's drink is too manly!!
Black vinegar is actually sweet. Furthermore, it seems they're using Kurozu, the famous Kagoshima black vinegar made from rice, which happens to be the sweetest version around. So, the drink as a whole should be pretty sweet and nice with the added berry juice.

This is coming from a girl who drinks pomegranate vinegar made at a relative's farm every day.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 00:10   Link #2654
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Black vinegar is actually sweet. Furthermore, it seems they're using Kurozu, the famous Kagoshima black vinegar made from rice, which happens to be the sweetest version around. So, the drink as a whole should be pretty sweet and nice with the added berry juice.

This is coming from a girl who drinks pomegranate vinegar made at a relative's farm every day.
So for the unknowing, it tastes different from the impression - sounds sour, but is actually sweet. Just like Makoto.
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 01:25   Link #2655
Nagumo
Random Translator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Brunswick
Ah yes, that reminds me I recently finished a translation of a Drama CD for Idolm@ster

http://translationcd.wikispaces.com/...ma+CD+Scene.01

It has Makoto and Yukiho as the mains with Azusa acting all big sister like and Haruka being the team player type encouraging and getting the M+Y duo together again and singing.
__________________
I do not like Kansai-ben, but I do like Hayate-chan!
Also, Canadian here, not actually Japanese.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 08:21   Link #2656
Unknown Soldier
:D
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
An average bowl of rice is around 210 grams, so 300 grams isn't that big a deal. I'm actually angry at the small amount of fried something they have on the side, though. I want more!
I don't normally eat just a bowl of rice. Yeah, I know, the rice in an onigiri is seasoned, but still, it doesn't sound very appetizing. They weren't specific as to if that one is stuffed with anything or it's just rice. I don't think I would be able to eat a half-pound of just rice. I guess that's how I know I'm not Miki.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 10:32   Link #2657
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I don't normally eat just a bowl of rice. Yeah, I know, the rice in an onigiri is seasoned, but still, it doesn't sound very appetizing. They weren't specific as to if that one is stuffed with anything or it's just rice. I don't think I would be able to eat a half-pound of just rice. I guess that's how I know I'm not Miki.
An onigiri isn't just rice. It's seasoned (with salt) rice (not taking into account the filling). Also, the meal has a side dish, something fried.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 17:27   Link #2658
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I don't normally eat just a bowl of rice. Yeah, I know, the rice in an onigiri is seasoned, but still, it doesn't sound very appetizing. They weren't specific as to if that one is stuffed with anything or it's just rice. I don't think I would be able to eat a half-pound of just rice. I guess that's how I know I'm not Miki.
Japanese rice is a different type of rice than say, Chinese/Thai rice. Chinese/Thai rice are long grain rice and are fairly tasteless and dry, Japanese rice is short grain rice with high starch content and are actually very sweet and sticky. Their taste is very different, in fact once you've lived in Japan for a short while you can always tell which sushi shop is "fake" overseas (ie run by non-Japanese) just by the type of rice it uses, as those shops usually goes cheap and buy Thai rice and not real Japanese rice (which are usually very expensive to buy, as you are looking at something like 2000yen for about 5kg/10 pounds even domestically).

A lot of non-Japanese people, especially Chinese, don't understand why Japanese people can just eat rice with some light seasoning or some very light side dishes such as the pickle radish, that's because they've never truly had real Japanese rice and had only been eating cheap "fake" sushi and/or only eat Chinese/Thai rice at home. I can easily have a pound of Japanese short grain rice with just some pickles but I would never be able to do that with Chinese/Thai long grain rice, they taste really different. That said, I would also never be able to make good fried rice with Japanese rice either due to the high starch content.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:08   Link #2659
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
That said, I would also never be able to make good fried rice with Japanese rice either due to the high starch content.
Blasphemy, you can make perfectly good fried rice with japonica. I in fact hate the fired rice made from long grain rice.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:08   Link #2660
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Ah yes, that reminds me I recently finished a translation of a Drama CD for Idolm@ster

http://translationcd.wikispaces.com/...ma+CD+Scene.01

It has Makoto and Yukiho as the mains with Azusa acting all big sister like and Haruka being the team player type encouraging and getting the M+Y duo together again and singing.
Sick nasty.
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.