AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Old 2011-10-13, 15:58   Link #1181
Hiroi Sekai
Kiss Already, Damn it!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
It's mentioned in Chihaya's personal description that despite being one of the most mature and passionate in her line of work, she's bad at human interaction and socialization. All she wanted to do was be a singer (saying "she'd rather die than be unable to sing"), but now she's slowly realizing everything that it takes to actually become a singer. You don't just step onto stages that people just make for you right away; you take the steps necessary to make a name for yourself, and to practice and excel in the area you want to be known in.

Chihaya just needs some time. I'm sure she'll be fine after a while.
Old 2011-10-13, 16:31   Link #1182
Echoes

This is very much bumming me out. Like the great prophet Nicholson predicted so long ago; I can't handle the truth.

Can we have those pictures stricken from the record?

"The Cameraman says my smile doesn't feel natural" .... *bawls like a baby*

Seriously, that was really sad. Really, really sad.

There better be a gargantuan pot of gold at the end of Chihaya's rainbow. Otherwise Prozac's going to be making a whole lot of money real soon.
Old 2011-10-13, 16:49   Link #1183
Hiroi Sekai
Kiss Already, Damn it!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
This is very much bumming me out. Like the great prophet Nicholson predicted so long ago; I can't handle the truth.

Can we have those pictures stricken from the record?

"The Cameraman says my smile doesn't feel natural" .... *bawls like a baby*

Seriously, that was really sad. Really, really sad.

There better be a gargantuan pot of gold at the end of Chihaya's rainbow. Otherwise Prozac's going to be making a whole lot of money real soon.
Fits the Chihaya legacy quite well, doesn't it?

The cameraman's an ass, leave Chihaya alone!;_; Well, in all honesty, it's always been said that a smile that fails to be natural is forced, not genuine. That's why you don't market Chihaya as an upbeat, happy-go-lucky idol! Have her portrayed as the mature idol who is always serious about her work. What the hell's everyone doing in the industry? Put ME in the industry coach, I'm ready!

I'm interested in seeing Chihaya's changes too (not those changes mind you). She certainly can grow much more as a character (not those growths mind you) and albeit doubting that she won't be all jump out happy at the end, she'll definitely have a better perspective on things.

Don't you worry about Prozac's financial status; I've been using it just for fun over the last 26 years of my life and their fiscal years could never look better. May...be, I had too much. What's happening? Why do I...feel...so strange? *reads package*

Side effects:
anxiety or nervousness
decreased appetite
decreased sexual drive
diarrhea
dizziness or lightheadedness
drowsiness
dry mouth
headache
heartburn
increased sweating
nausea
tiredness or weakness
trembling or shaking
trouble sleeping

Do not take if you:
are allergic to fluoxetine or any ingredients of the medication
have taken a MAO inhibitor (e.g., phenelzine, tranylcypromine) or thioridazine within the past 14 days

"That's why it says to only take a certain amount per day...SHIIIII-"

P.S. I notice I mentioned "Ready" and "Change" right next to each other. I'm a freaking genius and I don't even have to tr- *shot*

Addendum: From Midonin's conveniently placed link I extracted this video:

Enjoy, Echoes. Chihaya's certainly in a good mood.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-10-13 at 17:13.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:05   Link #1184
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Fits the Chihaya legacy quite well, doesn't it?
Don't push me, man!

You're right. They should focus on marketing her current personality, rather than trying to change her personality into something marketable. But we're probably being too idealistic. It's not a business where everyone can just be themselves and be successful. Dog eat dog world and whatnot. And when you got someone who's not even able to be fake-happy, much less actually happy, well, then you get Chihaya.

I hope she'll have a happy ending too. Not in the sense of a huge personal revelation that radically alters her character, but by taking small steps towards success, social adjustment and happiness. I can't imagine they'd do something really sad for her, so at worst I'm expecting neutral. Which would still suck, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Those side effects are nothing a good night's sleep won't fix.... Oh fuc-

Edit: Ah, how brief and fleeting of a thing happiness is. Even though it's just 3 seconds, I'll still take it, thanks!

Last edited by Echoes; 2011-10-13 at 17:28. Reason: A wild video appears!
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:09   Link #1185
Midonin
Last Engage

The best way to acknowledge something's fictionality is also to acknowledge its reality. That's why I like it when shows-within-a-show get their own websites. It's one of the steps towards blurring, yet establishing, that line within the depths of imagination.

The variety show has its own website.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:25   Link #1186
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The best way to acknowledge something's fictionality is also to acknowledge its reality. That's why I like it when shows-within-a-show get their own websites. It's one of the steps towards blurring, yet establishing, that line within the depths of imagination.

The variety show has its own website.
O.o Namassuka is supposedly a variety program featuring our idols that airs live every sunday at 3pm, now if anyone watched near the end in Kotori's room you can see one of her bookcases with recorded TV shows. Among them GeroGeroKitchen, but more specifically Namassuka labeled up to Vol. 32!? Maybe I'm overthinking this. Also she has recorded Yayoi's ABC of Cooking up to 20 something, some mysterious Kotori SP, as well as Hibiki's animal program, Yukiho's and Ryuuguu Komachi's stuff and more.

Back to the episode, the Producer and Ritsuko's reaction to the blunders of our idols during the program were golden

Last edited by Kamui04; 2011-10-13 at 17:45.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:33   Link #1187
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

So full of memes. The postage box meme is one of the most famous im@s seiyuu meme ever and they completely remade it for the anime.

And Mecha Chihaya and finally Harukakka! If there were any lingering doubts about the staff being true hardcore im@s fans this episode completely wipes it out. I was going to say using Chihaya's Arcadia for a robot anime parody trailer was a waste but damn did it fit the mood, I was getting the same feeling as when I watch a really well made MAD on nicodouga - both impressed and highly amused at the same time, priceless.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:51   Link #1188
Hiroi Sekai
Kiss Already, Damn it!
*Graphic Designer

That box must have had insane amounts of kinetic energy stored inside of it, like holy crap man.

I can just hear the producers of the show laughing and high fiving each other for another successful pranking or something. XD
Old 2011-10-13, 18:11   Link #1189
blakstealth
's Gang or Die

What the shit is happening in this next ep..cannot wait. Anticipation is killing me. :X
Old 2011-10-13, 18:45   Link #1190
Nosauz

Loved it, probably the best episode since the live, and probably one of the best episodes period, although then again you had to love the parodies, but I felt even in the parodies they really captured the characters, and had quite a few throwbacks to in running jokes. Also that Evil Takane... holy hell.

OH did i mention Megare ED!!!!! Yeah... definitely a contender for one of the better/best episodes of the series.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:47   Link #1191
Shadow5YA

I have to admit that postage box thing was very refreshing to see. Considering how serious and gloomy Chihaya usually is, it felt nice to see her break out laughing for once.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 22:41   Link #1192
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep15:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 11:00   Link #1193
TheEroKing
Version 2

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Episode 15

I'll just leave these freebies here.
Old 2011-10-14, 11:42   Link #1194
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Loved everything about this episode, possibly one of the best to date. If they decided to do the rest of the series like this, I'd keep watching.

So much about this episode I loved. First off, "YAYOI~!!!!" (=//m//=) HNNNNGH-!!! TOO...CUTE...orz. *huff* Sorry, Yayoi's cuteness was almost lethal, she looks great in that kindergartner outfit. Same goes for Iori and Azusa-san, I seriously didnt expect Azusa-san though. You'd think they'd throw Ami+Mami in there. And they're really pushing for Makoto x Yukiho. (not that I'm complaining) Personally I loved seeing Makoto in the frilly dress but I guess the fans want a "handsome" Makoto over a "cute" Makoto. I've also never seen Yukiho so passionate, c'mon, she was on fire.

Takane sure loves her ramen...

I bursted out in laughter when they did the movie preview. Evil Haruka, Makoto, and...Yayoi!? EPIC WIN, yeah. They NEED to make this happen, make it an OVA, whatever, JUST DO IT!!!!!

But probably the most surprising part of this episode (for me at the least) was....Chihaya laughed! I honestly never expected to see Chihaya laugh like that. That just goes to show how powerful Haruka's clumsiness is. If you can make Chihaya laugh then you can do anything Haruka.

...oh, and poor unfortunate Hibiki. She never made it to the studio. Personally I was expecting that she'd show up riding on a back of a bear which led to the whole studio going into panic. Hey, with Hibiki it could've happened.

Oh, and the rare sight to see Kotori-san in plain clothes...or rather, her pajamas(?) I know its Sunday, you have the day off, but laying around home in your PJs at your age Kotori-san? You're so adorable. Thats why we love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 15

I'll just leave these freebies here.
...*staring at signature*

...oh, um, thanks for these fantastic avys. There were a lot of scenes in this episode that would be great as animated avys, I shall try and contribute some more myself later on, should I be in the mood to make them.

...*goes back to staring at TheEroKing's signature*
Old 2011-10-14, 12:09   Link #1195
TheEroKing
Version 2

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
...*staring at signature*

...oh, um, thanks for these fantastic avys. There were a lot of scenes in this episode that would be great as animated avys, I shall try and contribute some more myself later on, should I be in the mood to make them.
no problem ^^ indeed there are plenty of scenes of making some nice avatars from this episode alone but since there are already members who make some for this particular series and me being a bit tired today I only chose to make those which caught my interest If I feel like it, I'll make some more later.

Anyone needing a particular animated avatar from any of the ongoing shows I'm watching just PM me or leave a message on my wall and I'll see if I could help you out

Quote:

lol

anyways, who else is loving the Miki x Producer bits? "Honey~"
Old 2011-10-14, 12:33   Link #1196
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
no problem ^^ indeed there are plenty of scenes of making some nice avatars from this episode alone but since there are already members who make some for this particular series and me being a bit tired today I only chose to make those which caught my interest If I feel like it, I'll make some more later.

Anyone needing a particular animated avatar from any of the ongoing shows I'm watching just PM me or leave a message on my wall and I'll see if I could help you out
Then do my request at BokuTo's anime thread.

Quote:
anyways, who else is loving the Miki x Producer bits? "Honey~"
*raises up a hand*

Here, here, me, me, me!!!
Old 2011-10-14, 13:07   Link #1197
Hiroi Sekai
Kiss Already, Damn it!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Gaaaah, who knew a rice bowl could shake that much? XD
Old 2011-10-14, 13:51   Link #1198
Shadow5YA

Miki definitely needs to be more careful with the "honey" when she's on air. Some fans go crazy when their favorite female idols give any indication of being taken in a relationship.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 14:21   Link #1199
blakstealth
's Gang or Die

Irrefutably one of the best episodes so far. I LOVED every damn second and every segment.

And I'm getting vibes that someone rigged Hibiki's route to the studio. I swear if it's 961 doing their shit again...

Also, I wouldn't have minded seeing her wrestle a bear. :3

Spoiler for rofl:
Old 2011-10-14, 18:05   Link #1200
Divini
Senpai!

LOL @ MAKOTO

The audience's reaction to Makoto #1 was PRICELESS!

Also, that mecha movie was so Narm-y it was great.

WOULD WATCH "Are We Live?! Sunday!" EVERY WEEK
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical