AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-06, 10:22   Link #141
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
With that said, hyocchi's birthday is next week (July 16th)
Wow, thanks for the heads up. Setting appointments...

Houki's Birthday
Status: Free
Sensitivity: PERSONAL



Quote:
P.S. It's cloudy here. I can't see the moon and the stars (;Д`) うぅっ。。
Tell me about. This country I'm in (PH) really sucks for astronomy. I missed all those meteor showers and comets and what not, when I was in Europe I had the fun of viewing a meteor shower, which was the best thing I ever saw in the sky

Well.... it does not beat that once in a lifetime experience when the Space Shuttle roared overhead when I was in L.A. (the most deafening thing you will ever hear) the only time I was happy for bad weather (over at the shuttle's original landing site, which is why they had to land in Cali)
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 10:24   Link #142
justpassingby
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Age: 28
Uh, no. Houki's birthday is July 7th. hyocchi is Hikasa Youko, Houki's VA :P
__________________
一生 忘れられないよ ずっとずっと 大事な贈り物
一生 忘れられないよ きっときっと こいつは宝物
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 11:57   Link #143
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Uh, no. Houki's birthday is July 7th. hyocchi is Hikasa Youko, Houki's VA :P
Oh lol.... today? Hm hmmm today's going to be busy

I guess on the 16th I'll be going through Hikasa's works
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 17:50   Link #144
justpassingby
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Age: 28
Snatched this when I was reading okiura's twitter :P
Spoiler for Happy Birthday :D:
__________________
一生 忘れられないよ ずっとずっと 大事な贈り物
一生 忘れられないよ きっときっと こいつは宝物
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 06:26   Link #145
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
^ great pic and...

Quote:
This country I'm in (PH) really sucks for astronomy.
it's been that way since forever
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 07:24   Link #146
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Yeah. Manila has so much light pollution (Among the myriad types of pollution it already has) that an alien planet coming to crash on PHilippine shores won't be visible to the naked eye until AFTER it makes a huge crater out of the Greater Manila Area.

OH, and happy birthday Houki.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 15:23   Link #147
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
A Happy Birthday to my official Numero Uno girl of the series... on a semi-more-serious note though, is it just me, or do at least half the female characters in anime seem to have bithdays right on July 7th? I'm assuming it's because of Tanabata.
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 15:58   Link #148
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
^--There was something I read recently, that the Japanese believe that being born in the 2nd half of the year is a special thing. Perhaps it has something to do with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Snatched this when I was reading okiura's twitter :P
Spoiler for Happy Birthday :D:
Oh, thanks for that. Well, happy birthday Houki, and in case I forgot to mention it, I finally did that piece on why I love Houki:
http://animangatron.blogspot.com/201...shinonono.html
Not the way I intended it, but at least I got somewhere. Or, well... I'm a bit out of words, since it's nearly 5 in the morning right now. Maybe I'll...
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 03:43   Link #149
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
^ so you finally got around to doing it

maybe i should start a blog just for stuff like that y'know...
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 06:02   Link #150
justpassingby
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Age: 28
Hmm, the part in volume 3 which I translated, I'm going to speculate something like this:

The reason why Chifuyu watched Tabane like an enemy
Chifuyu already knew that the day will come when Tabane is going to bring along together the haxest IS for her sister's birthday. Something happened between Tabane and Chifuyu in the past, that made Chifuyu wants out from whatever Tabane is planning.

Why Tabane gave AkaTsubaki to Houki:
- She knew her sister is an S pilot, and only S people can handled S-Units.
- She also know her sister has problem with "Drowning/Indulge with power" as stated in volume 7, that's why she wanted Houki to use Akatsubaki to her heart content, by hacking the Gospel and sending unmanned ISs so Houki will upgrade the Operation Rate (vol 7 epilogue)
- She don't actually care for her sister, because Tabane shouldn't have done all this IS bullshit if she love Houki like a normal big sister should
- Oh, btw, Houki was almost killed when she was choked by the Gospel (not shown in the anime). Whether Tabane did programmed fail safe for the Gospel to stop if it going to kill Houki and Ichika is debatable.

Why Chifuyu played with Tabane's plan to send Houki and Ichika:
-She wanted to see by herself Akatsubaki in action
- She also know Houki's problem with "drowning/indulging in power"

I believe I read somewhere in vol 2 (or is it vol 3) that there was once a Samurai that loved his wife affectionately, that he created a sword technique for her wife to beat men. What if the sword school of Shinonono's is direct descendent of this samurai? And what if the School is already tainted as generations passed by that made Houki "drowned in power", and it has effected Tabane 8 years earlier? I don't think the Samurai would like her wife to kill a man, but the description of Shinonono's Dual Sword Technique by the author in vol 4 (before Houki performed Kagura) says otherwise (kill, behead, judge, etc)

Of course, these are all just speculation. But it pretty much clear that the world changed because of Tabane and Chifuyu's actions in the past. If what I speculated becomes true, I'm going to hate these two, because Chifuyu failed to stop Tabane (may be she loved her friend too much?), and these two seems didn't try to help Houki to cope with her problem

And again mods, sorry for discussing novel parts here. I don't think people would like to discuss about Houki in the novel thread

now runs to vol 2 to pinpoint the no of pages
__________________
一生 忘れられないよ ずっとずっと 大事な贈り物
一生 忘れられないよ きっときっと こいつは宝物
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 06:20   Link #151
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Hmm, the part in volume 3 which I translated, I'm going to speculate something like this:

The reason why Chifuyu watched Tabane like an enemy
Chifuyu already knew that the day will come when Tabane is going to bring along together the haxest IS for her sister's birthday. Something happened between Tabane and Chifuyu in the past, that made Chifuyu wants out from whatever Tabane is planning.

Why Tabane gave AkaTsubaki to Houki:
- She knew her sister is an S pilot, and only S people can handled S-Units.
- She also know her sister has problem with "Drowning/Indulge with power" as stated in volume 7, that's why she wanted Houki to use Akatsubaki to her heart content, by hacking the Gospel and sending unmanned ISs so Houki will upgrade the Operation Rate (vol 7 epilogue)
- She don't actually care for her sister, because Tabane shouldn't have done all this IS bullshit if she love Houki like a normal big sister should
- Oh, btw, Houki was almost killed when she was choked by the Gospel (not shown in the anime). Whether Tabane did programmed fail safe for the Gospel to stop if it going to kill Houki and Ichika is debatable.

Why Chifuyu played with Tabane's plan to send Houki and Ichika:
-She wanted to see by herself Akatsubaki in action
- She also know Houki's problem with "drowning/indulging in power"

I believe I read somewhere in vol 2 (or is it vol 3) that there was once a Samurai that loved his wife affectionately, that he created a sword technique for her wife to beat men. What if the sword school of Shinonono's is direct descendent of this samurai? And what if the School is already tainted as generations passed by that made Houki "drowned in power", and it has effected Tabane 8 years earlier? I don't think the Samurai would like her wife to kill a man, but the description of Shinonono's Dual Sword Technique by the author in vol 4 (before Houki performed Kagura) says otherwise (kill, behead, judge, etc)

Of course, these are all just speculation. But it pretty much clear that the world changed because of Tabane and Chifuyu's actions in the past. If what I speculated becomes true, I'm going to hate these two, because Chifuyu failed to stop Tabane (may be she loved her friend too much?), and these two seems didn't try to help Houki to cope with her problem

And again mods, sorry for discussing novel parts here. I don't think people would like to discuss about Houki in the novel thread

now runs to vol 2 to pinpoint the no of pages
damn, quite a bit of interesting stuff yet to be translated eh?
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 14:21   Link #152
thetokyo12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Houki is my favorite character cause when she first got her own personal IS, she kicked to much ass. To me she's one of those cool types.

Unlike Ichika, why do the girls love him so much? Through the whole series he was just annoying, Houki's way better off without him.
thetokyo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 09:01   Link #153
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Since we don't have Tabane's thread, let's use her sister's instead. God help these two



束: Soku (On-yomi) bundle (noun)
: Taba (kun-yomi) bundle, sheaf
束ね: Taba(ne) (Kun-yomi) bundle; control; management

I just reread volume 3, the part when she introduced the Akatsubaki. The anime changed and skipped some trivial and some important parts.

Spoiler for Reunion:


Something big must happpened in the past, probably when Houki was still unborn, that made Tabane to have such mind set. It sounds as if she don't care about her parents much. Also, because we know Tabane is somewhat not to be trusted, she probably know one blondie, namely Squall (only Tabane is able to create IS cores, so who gave the Phantom Task their IS?)

Name may define a person's life, may be that is what Tabane's been doing all along, controlling her sister's life.

If I was Tabane and cared about my sister, I will do my best to not allow my father to name my sister a "Broom", then again she was 8 at that time, and impossible for her to win a sword fight against a sword master. Fast forward to future, if Tabane really cared for her parents and Houki's feeling toward Ichika, she shouldn't create IS from the start.

She should have just created an anime about IS, where the IS then can be merchandise like a gunpla :P

Sorry mods for discussing some novel parts here, because I don't think people are interested in novels that have been animated but poorly adapted
Damn. Just damn.
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 07:20   Link #154
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Exclusively Inside Your Mind.
LOL, for someone forgetting Houki`s bday

JUST KIDDING
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 07:50   Link #155
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Dear Houki:

You aren't my favorite girl. That said, please do not argue with me if I suddenly feel the need to kick Ichika in the head before you do.

Thanks,
- Wavehawk
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 03:07   Link #156
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Dear Houki:

You aren't my favorite girl. That said, please do not argue with me if I suddenly feel the need to kick Ichika in the head before you do.

Thanks,
- Wavehawk
on second thought, why not do the honors for the headkick houki, i might get a glimpse of your pantsu
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 06:54   Link #157
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
on second thought, why not do the honors for the headkick houki, i might get a glimpse of your pantsu
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 04:20   Link #158
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Ah, since my conn sucks, I have no idea where the Seiyuu thread is (if there is one) so I'll just say it here.

Happy B-day Hika-chan!
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 07:04   Link #159
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Ah, since my conn sucks, I have no idea where the Seiyuu thread is (if there is one) so I'll just say it here.

Happy B-day Hika-chan!
may you voice another dark-haired schoolgirl, we love those
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 08:02   Link #160
justpassingby
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Age: 28
Found it. It was in Volume 2, Chapter 3 pg 171

Remember the long sword that Houki had in the anime (was it short in the anime)? That sword was sent by her parents. The novel didn't specify when or why, so I assume it wasn't for Houki's birthday or the symbol of succession to Shinonono's School (Do they need a woman or man to succeed the family?). It is said that the sword is longer than ordinary sword, and it is to accompany a certain Woman Warrior. If the woman of Shinonono Household is indeed originated from this Woman Warrior, that justifies their height, as the sword is looooooong. Boobs size may not apply

The sword name is '緋宵' -Akeyoi- (Scarlet Evening), crafted by master sword smith, Akaru Giyou (明動陽) in his last years. It was passed down from generation to generation since the Edo period. Akaru moved to Hidayama where he spend his lifetime developing "The Sword for Woman" 「女のための刀」 for 'Woman to beat Man' 「女が男を倒す」 after he met his wife. He arrived at two conclusions.
.....
......
I'll let Teh_Ping translates that part . But in short, both involve drawing your sword fast (flash and flicker).

The question now is, how did the sword ends up with the Shinonono? (marriage?). I'm speculating that from those 2 "Conclusions" the Shinonono's ancestors derived their dual sword technique. And because both of the "Conclusions' involved 'Speed', Tabane created AkaTsubaki to comply with her family sword school.

Now compare to volume 4, before Houki performs the Kagura. She holds the Shinonono Treasured Sword on her right hand, while the folding fan which was always in her possession on her left hand. This [一刀一扇] "Ittou Issen" (One Sword One Folding Fan) stance was derived from [一刀一閃] Ittou Issen (One Stroke in a Flash). The left hand is for 'Defense', 'Sink', and 'Judge', while the right hand is for 'Behead', 'Cut', and 'Pierce'. The novel said it was one of the shape of Shinonono's Sword School, meaning there are probably more branches for the family (One Sword, Priestess etc)
Yes it was a word play for 'Ittou Issen', that's why people should read LNs in the way they are meant to, in Japanese.

I'll be surprised if the upcoming OVA will include the Kagura dance, because I don't think Japanese Otakus care about their tradition and culture runs ε=ε=ε=ε=ヽ(* ̄∇ ̄)ノ
__________________
一生 忘れられないよ ずっとずっと 大事な贈り物
一生 忘れられないよ きっときっと こいつは宝物

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-07-18 at 01:15. Reason: forgot Ichika's monologue -.-
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.