AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-17, 20:54   Link #1
cyberdemon

Dragon Crisis! (light novel)

Quote:
A normal high school boy Kisaragi Ryuji's peaceful life is turned into an adventure by the return of his second cousin Eriko. Ryuji and Eriko seize a relic box from a black broker named FANG. In the box, they find a red dragon girl whom Ryuji names Rose because of her rose like pattern on her left hand. In order to protect Rose from the black organization, Ryuji decides to fight using his power as a relic handler.
saw the first 2 episode of the anime and got curious about the light novel so lets use this to discuss it

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2011-01-17 at 21:15.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 21:34   Link #2
Exether

I'd love to get some more information about the characters. Particularly after a second episode that instead of answering questions just leaves you with more.

Particularly... What is a breaker? It certainly doesn't seem quite the ability considering...

Spoiler for This week's episode:
Old 2011-01-17, 21:48   Link #3
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
I'd love to get some more information about the characters. Particularly after a second episode that instead of answering questions just leaves you with more.

Particularly... What is a breaker? It certainly doesn't seem quite the ability considering...

Spoiler for This week's episode:
Spoiler for breaker:
Old 2011-01-18, 02:31   Link #4
philip72

Thanks for the thread Cyberdemon, episode two really peaked my interest too. Hopefully some novel reader will soon appear to sate our curiosity.

I'm particularly interested in his parents and their work. Is the redhead with glasses in the ED his Mom?
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 10:05   Link #5
kadaj1st

so basiccaly a breaker is someone who can use the ability of relic ?
and ryuji being a level 10 he can use it to the full extent ?
kadaj1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 10:10   Link #6
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
I'm particularly interested in his parents and their work. Is the redhead with glasses in the ED his Mom?
Spoiler for redhaired, novel spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadaj1st View Post
so basiccaly a breaker is someone who can use the ability of relic ?
and ryuji being a level 10 he can use it to the full extent ?
yep, you're right, if a normal people like Misaki touched a relic, even if the relic is S ranked, nothing would happened.

Relic rank A to E, and S is a very rare relic stronger than A, level 10 like Ryuuji can use all rank. but Eriko who is a level 7 only can use until level B (if I were not wrong).

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2011-01-18 at 10:40.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 10:45   Link #7
tsunade666

what's a breaker to begin with? with all the breaker talk.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 11:07   Link #8
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what's a breaker to begin with? with all the breaker talk.
I don't know for sure but if i had to guess i'd say a breaker is probably a person capable of breaking seals on lost precious. Kinda like how in episode 2 it mentioned him finding the dragons egg when he was little when they were supposed to have barriers around them.
Old 2011-01-23, 22:04   Link #9
Exether

Well... Seems that nobody here is reading the novel... A translation project would be great but the anime will have to be really popular to attract fansubs.

Thanks to the people that defined the term Breaker. That kind of makes me remember Saito Hiraga from Zero no Tsukaima: As long as he doesn't have a magic object... He kind of sucks

The other problem comes in the form of the magic object he has: A wand that produces butterflies probably won't be useful agains a Dragon
Old 2011-01-23, 23:00   Link #10
Manic
real men love pink

from the images i have seen of the anime, he gets some sort of sword, and yeah its a shame there arent any LN readers around. Would have been nice to get some spoilers haha
Old 2011-01-23, 23:23   Link #11
Johnny
Working the bags...

Someone posted in the anime thread which was a mistake and they corrected that error. However, if I remember correctly the weapon he will use is...

Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 23:26   Link #12
Manic
real men love pink

ah that sounds pretty cool. I wonder what its special ability is
Old 2011-01-24, 00:03   Link #13
Exether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
ah that sounds pretty cool. I wonder what its special ability is

From the name...

Spoiler for Of the Sword:

Still, it doesn't sound that cool , not the first sword to do that, maybe I'm being too pesimistic. Not that I dislike the show, it got me the moment I started watching.
Old 2011-01-24, 18:12   Link #14
Manic
real men love pink

haha looks like the dagger wasnt much of a spoiler, ep 3 covered it all. Looks like its more than just a wind slasher so its not completely generic. I like how he can now add the fire element to its wind. I really wish there was a bunch of manga chapters to read. Ep 3 has me completely sold on the series. Its been awhile since i enjoyed a series this much.
Old 2011-01-27, 18:12   Link #15
Exether

Quote:
haha looks like the dagger wasnt much of a spoiler, ep 3 covered it all. Looks like its more than just a wind slasher so its not completely generic. I like how he can now add the fire element to its wind. I really wish there was a bunch of manga chapters to read. Ep 3 has me completely sold on the series. Its been awhile since i enjoyed a series this much.
I agree with you. Probably Dragon Crisis! and Gosick are the shows I'm enjoying the most this season (And no, it doesn't have anything to do with underage looking characters ). It's a good thing to have a couple that doesn't go arround the bushes for 13 episodes before the love declaration

Now, regarding Slash Breath, it certainly seems that its element is air, but thanks to the engagement between Rose and Ryuji it can also have fire added to it. It would be great to have more information regarding this engagement thing, it certainly doesn't seem to be exclusive to dragons and dragons but it can be done between a dragon and a human.
Old 2011-01-28, 03:46   Link #16
Manic
real men love pink

after rewatching ep 3 there is a line that i was kinda puzzled about. Onyx says this to rose "if you love him so much, why haven't you taken his head?"

What does he mean by that, is rose like a preying mantis and gonna eat ryuji's head after they mate or something? lol

I imagine its not that, but I wonder if its some other dragon custom for choosing a lover they haven't revealed yet. Maybe someone who has read the novels a bit can shed some light on this
Old 2011-01-28, 08:05   Link #17
cyberdemon

Quote:
after rewatching ep 3 there is a line that i was kinda puzzled about. Onyx says this to rose "if you love him so much, why haven't you taken his head?"

What does he mean by that, is rose like a preying mantis and gonna eat ryuji's head after they mate or something? lol

I imagine its not that, but I wonder if its some other dragon custom for choosing a lover they haven't revealed yet. Maybe someone who has read the novels a bit can shed some light on this
i think it's more of a "if you don't want me to do it, do it yourself."
Old 2011-01-28, 10:49   Link #18
Manic
real men love pink

its a strange line considering what else he said after it though
Old 2011-01-29, 13:15   Link #19
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Any ideas about other female characters? How about the blue-hair girl who'll appear in the next episode? Who could she be?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 14:55   Link #20
Manic
real men love pink

pretty sure she is another dragon, I am more interested in the wolf girl with the 2 different eyes

Tags
romance, shounen