AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2011-02-26, 12:57   Link #21
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Why has it to be an alternate universe ?
If this story take place right after the Arachnophobia arc, it could fits.
Kim's witch statut is known, Maka still has her trenchcoat...

There are few new people in this prom. We don't know if admissions take place just once a year...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 13:56   Link #22
ellifeedn
Thinker

It has to take place before Sid becomes a zombie.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 13:58   Link #23
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
And that, my friends, is an argument I can't deny.
Plus, Medusa is still the school nurse.

Sometimes, I'd better think before writing.
Old 2011-03-02, 23:28   Link #24
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

it sucks how its set in the past since you know whats gonna happen to all the characters aside from the main three girls since theyre not in the original soul eater lets hope they dont have a tragic death at the end if the series
Old 2011-03-02, 23:56   Link #25
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
it sucks how its set in the past since you know whats gonna happen to all the characters aside from the main three girls since theyre not in the original soul eater lets hope they dont have a tragic death at the end if the series
Nah. I hope not.

But i'd like to see an improve Tsugumi/Anya team in the main manga.
Let's say... when the main story reach events happening a year after the beginning of Not (am I even clear...).

Just a preview, to see how badass them could become.
Old 2011-03-03, 11:42   Link #26
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
I don't see how that's much of an issue... this story revolves around the 3 main characters that have no say in the main series. All the other other characters from the main series are here to do nothing more than make cameos and momentarily steal the spotlight with their awesome presence. you not really supposed to expect too much from cameo characters as all the suspense and development will be on the new characters
Old 2011-03-03, 22:47   Link #27
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

how often do these get released?
Old 2011-03-04, 01:00   Link #28
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
though I question why the hell Kim has already had the title 'witch' when she's supposed to be unrevealed to be one..

Quote:
how often do these get released?
once a month.
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 10:16   Link #29
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
though I question why the hell Kim has already had the title 'witch' when she's supposed to be unrevealed to be one..
Its either because she's kind of an evil bitch and thus its just a joke with a thick coat of irony around it, or its because this is actually an alternate universe
Old 2011-03-08, 22:44   Link #30
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

alternate universe hey.....i wouldnt mind that so much actually
Old 2011-03-14, 14:28   Link #31
WHY

it was bad. nuff said...
WHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 11:57   Link #32
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I enjoyed it, more slice-of-life in Shibusen. Might give us more insight on how the school runs and how Weapons and Meisters start out.
Old 2011-03-24, 22:56   Link #33
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

still not out
Old 2011-03-25, 23:36   Link #34
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

To anybody thinking that we'll get some soul-collecting or class-related exposition next chapter, don't get your hopes up. Right now I'm guessing that the new enrollment-group of students is in a sort of buffer period during which they choose their partners. To make an assumption based on that guess, there's an approaching day by which all students are required to have chosen a partner. To make an inference based on that assumption, Tsugumi and her girlfriends will forget about it and face the decision at the last minute. Maybe not, though. We'll see.
Old 2011-04-01, 18:50   Link #35
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Well new chapter is out and i gota say i wish they put some fights in it or at least attend class im getting bored of this dorm thing
Old 2011-04-01, 22:34   Link #36
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Anya is so cute when she say's Tsugumi's name

also Waitresses!
Old 2011-04-02, 01:29   Link #37
Slayerx

Heh, so it could be that "Soul Eater" Evans might just be Soul's nick name and not his real name =p... seems like something he would do; he does find souls to be delicious

it really does seem this is a prequel and not an alternate reality... Kim was called a witch just because she was kind of a bitch. The fact that she actually turned out to be a witch was nothing more than shear irony. Though it does seem her evil behavior was likely related to her being witch; she didn't want anyone getting too close to her. Though this makes me very interested to see exactly how Jacqueline and Kim actually hooked up... I would love it this series lets us look into some of the back stories of the main characters if there are no good opportunities to give them such flashbacks in the main series...

Though i guess that could be something of a problem; this series should be able to carry itself on its new characters as opposed to the old... so far the new characters are not really doing all that much, but the series is still young. i think the problem is that the series is a slow starter and only a monthly update, unlike the main series which had a nice fast start to get you really into it real quick.
Old 2011-05-05, 13:47   Link #38
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Heh, so it could be that "Soul Eater" Evans might just be Soul's nick name and not his real name =p... seems like something he would do; he does find souls to be delicious
I think that the last SOUL EATER NOT chapter pretty much confirmed that! I like how Soul's name seems so well thought out and the ‘EAT’ on Soul's old headband actually stood for something as oppesed to being just another reference to himself (like the symol of his Soul on his jacket). I do think that Evans is really his last name though and strangely enough I'm not the least bit interested in Soul's given name. I hope Atsushi doesn't suddenly decide to use a different name for Soul. Though It would be OK with me If Maka where the only one to use his real given name (but preferably only in private). Yeah for SoMa. \ O/

Quote:
Though i guess that could be something of a problem; this series should be able to carry itself on its new characters as opposed to the old... so far the new characters are not really doing all that much, but the series is still young. i think the problem is that the series is a slow starter and only a monthly update, unlike the main series which had a nice fast start to get you really into it real quick.
I agree, but at the same time I disagree. It all depends on what Őkubo wants with this series. So far it's been used to give more depth to the whole setting via these new characters but also via the old ones (to keep us interested?). I guess using Tsugami and co. as point of view has a lot of merits opposed to using the already established cast. It grants Őkubo a lot more freedom to explain all this without having to worry about consistency too much. But It looks to me that we will be getting a new main trio for this series as it moves along (they might even be included in Spartoi later on). We might have gotten our first sublot in chapter four that may or may NOT (pun intended) involve a weapon like DRRR!!'s Saika that can brainwash weak willed people struck by it into slaves.

The art of chapter 4 shifted from likeable to good to making Maka look like ... I don't know what she looked like but I'm not liking it! Which is an achievement all in it's self since it's been a long time since I haven't liked the way Maka was drawn,

This chapter's exposition also confirmed my suspicion that Soul is indeed a God tier weapon (that puts Tezca, Giriko, Spirit, Excalibur, Raganarok and a few others on a level that surpasses God, but who except Black Star cares about that ) and that Maka's angst of holding Soul back and her desire to catch-up with Soul are somewhat justified. The whole meister and weapon are fighting together is not just a metaphor like I thought in the beginning, OK it has been implied during the Salvage arc in Book of Eibon but this chapter just outright states it! Weapons can influence the movement of themselves in weapon form and probably that of their partners too.

Maka’s ‘dance’ was great and her interaction with Tsugumi~n has actually given birth to a theory on where Őkubo is going with SOUL EATER and SOUL EATER NOT. Hear me out:
Soul has unresolved (confidence) issues. The madness in the world is increasing and the Back Blood is proving to be a very dangerous weapon, as exemplified by Crona and Ragnarok and Crona defeating a Death Sythe and his Meister. So I have been saying this for what may already be over a year: Soul’s going to give in to the madness in him and (temporarily) become an unbeatable villain. During that time Maka will use Tsugami as a surrogate for Soul and realize that she’s actually a pretty darn good meister!

And the notion that weapons are discriminated against was pretty interesting. This might even have had an effect Soul. And it strengthens my belief that witches are also being discriminated against.
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 14:48   Link #39
ellifeedn
Thinker

I would think the discrimination happens outside of Shibusen.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 15:33   Link #40
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

I agree on the weapons discrimination happening (exclusively) outside of Shibusen. Not that means that Shibusen students can't have been confronted with it (so it could have had an effect on Soul). As for my witches are discriminated against theory ... Shibusen is at war with the witches and it's commonplace to demonize the opposing side in a war even more so if the war has been dragging on for ages and if they have a real chance of defeating you. Though admittedly there's not all that much evidence for it.
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote