AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-03-24, 18:16   Link #1
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

While Watching anime

So.. What are you doing when watching your favourite anime shows?

Like eating something, playing with yourself, drinking things, nothing because you try to learn Japanese with intense subtitles reading, or simply nothing cause you're a lazy ass ?

For my great comfort, I personaly eat tones of ramen if I'm feeding on intense anime in the afternoon.
In the evening (especialy during Peace Maker Kurogane ^^) I always get my tast of Japan in an incredible green/jasmin tee that I get from a friend who gets it directly from the trees. Aaaah... taking a sip right now ^^ .. Anyway, so what turns you on?

Last edited by JOJOS'STAR; 2004-03-24 at 19:31.
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 18:22   Link #2
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I usually just concetrate on da anime. Some snacks are also in order usually, like candy or chips or something.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 18:22   Link #3
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
I put the kids to bed first (No Distractions) and I sip Pepsi Twist and smoke lol True story......... Surprisingly the same thing I do while here on the forums!
Old 2004-03-24, 18:25   Link #4
wnkryo
HainShodan

Doesn't this belong in the General Anime section of the forums?

Edit by Moderator: No, this thread isn't about anime. It is about what you do while watching anime. That's different.
Old 2004-03-24, 18:30   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Dang, I know I should close this because it is a "What type are you" thread. Still, I think I'll let it live for awhile. It's on warning though. I or another moderator might close this thread without notice at any time.

Anyway, most of the time I just concentrate on the anime. It doesn't really need anything to distract me from it. Though frequently I like to pour myself a glass of milk and open a box of Entenmann's chocolate chip cookies. Nothing goes better with anime than cookies and milk.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 18:31   Link #6
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Ummm i feel that when i do eat when watching anine.... its not that great because i have my head down eating, yet the anime is running, and i need to conectrate on the fan-subs... But what i do while acually eating is pet mt 2 cute cats that like to watch/sleep with me, and also i love playing with my meditation balls.... Doing all this stuff really relaxe's me, and i guess that is kind-of why i really like anime... Cause it gives me time to cool off, and think about other things ^^
Old 2004-03-24, 18:33   Link #7
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I usually just concetrate on da anime. Some snacks are also in order usually, like candy or chips or something.
i did that too when i wasn't used to read subs that fast

but time goes on and people evolve ... now i drink b33r! (benders voice )
Old 2004-03-24, 18:33   Link #8
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

i usually eat instant ramen when watching anime.... or cry....
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 18:36   Link #9
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Yeah I think I get that anime are relaxing and so is my Tee ^^

Thanks NoSanninWa for your good temprence.

Edit: Waah ^o^ Lanimoo never tried that while watching Kodacha?

lol RAMEN RAMEN!! Sanae-chan lives for it even more then Naruto! It feels like you're actualy in the story ^^
Old 2004-03-24, 18:39   Link #10
bootleg

In the best scenario.....

I'm watching with my dog, Kiki. Eating some pizza and drinking sprite, In my lazy boy couch. Watching anime in a huge plasma screen with..........

But I'm usually on the computer, just watching fansubs.
bootleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 18:43   Link #11
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
since this was started by jojo's star i think the title should be changed to "While Watching hentai"

hmm... eating is good. sometimes i burn CDs, so i can download more anime

other times i eat.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 18:47   Link #12
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootleg
In the best scenario.....
Watching anime in a huge plasma screen with..........

But I'm usually on the computer, just watching fansubs.
lol I'm on a 50 inches widscreen plasma hi-def.. naah 17inches for me.

My god my Happy thread as gone sad!

no! no! 17 inches is better then nothing! Some people gets no anime watching at All! ahhh.. fells better now.

Everythings alright now thread back to normal ^^

Edit: hobobaggins sssshhhhhh.. NoSanninWa is my friend now
Old 2004-03-24, 18:57   Link #13
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Due to the nature that I am a social worker, most of the animes that I see are aired very late at night. Obviously, I need sleep since I have work the next day.

Hence, the almighty video recorder ranks up there as one the greatest inventions of the 20th century - right up there with instant noodles. Until I get my hands on a nice HD-DVD recorder with this summer's bonus, my trusty Sony WV-DR9 is what connects me from everyday life and escape into anime.

So what do I do while watching recorded anime from last night? I usually eat dinner (yes, I am single so combini-bentou counts as dinner). Other times, I would also be playing ero-games on my notebook. Sometimes I would rather take a nice hot bath first so I would send the video over wireless to the TV in the bathroom.

Oh, and sometimes, I would come home a little bit late that I can't watch "Hagane no Renkinjutsushi" (Fullmetal Alchemist) on time. But thanks to the new mobile phones from J-Phone that are equipped with TV tuners, I can watch them on my phone while commuting back from work. They should've thought of this four years ago when the first color-screen mobile phones came out...

Sony WV-DR9 my trusty VCR - http://www.denkiya.co.jp/goods/video.../so-wv-dr9.jpg
V601N mobile TV phone - http://www.vodafone.jp/scripts/japanese/top.jsp
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 19:01   Link #14
7thMethuselah

watching anime is almost like a religion to me. Starts by getting installed as comfortably as possible with all possible snacks and something to drink within easy reach, unhook the telephone, turn of icq and other crap (no one should disturb me during anime !!!!) and sit back, relax and enjoy...

If I'm back rather late from work I often eat while watching as well. Sometimes i wait to watch certain anime's so I can see them along with a few friends ( Naruto for example, you can't believe the heated discussions we sometimes get over trivial stuff )

I'm usually downloading or burning stuff at the same time.
After an episode (or several episodes) you can often find me at this forum to see what others think of it :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Due to the nature that I am a social worker, most of the animes that I see are aired very late at night. Obviously, I need sleep since I have work the next day.
No you don't It wouldn't be the first time I skip sleep for anime . But then again I'm on the road all day long for my job (I check up medical equipment in hospitals, at local doctors and stuff, basically i travel all over the country) so I can stop and takes break easilly.

Quote:
. Sometimes I would rather take a nice hot bath first so I would send the video over wireless to the TV in the bathroom.
Watching anime while taking a bath , why didn't i think of that

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-03-24 at 19:13.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 19:14   Link #15
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I would also be playing ero-games on my notebook.
humm very intresting. Those ero-games.. PM me some of the good ones you know if you please ^^ . Have you ever played the flash Love Hina game? (not ero NoSanninWa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
no one should disturb me during anime !!!!
This is the most important rule of anime watching.

Quote:
I'm usually downlaoding or burning stuff at the same time.
I cannot do that, sadly my PC will not take intense download and burning while watching anime.. oh well I just stick with my Green Tee ^^

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Watching anime while taking a bath , why didn't i think of that
Cause its unusual to watch anime while bathing ^^ Well depends on how busy you are I guess ^___________^
Old 2004-03-24, 19:20   Link #16
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
humm very intresting. Those ero-games.. PM me some of the good ones you know if you please ^^ . Have you ever played the flash Love Hina game? (not ero NoSanninWa)
Umm, ummm.... huh? Why am I being singled out on this? Not only haven't I played the flash Love Hina game, I haven't played any ero-games!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 19:21   Link #17
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

just aim
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 19:23   Link #18
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Umm, ummm.... huh? Why am I being singled out on this? Not only haven't I played the flash Love Hina game, I haven't played any ero-games!

lol I was just making sure you didn't think this converstion was about hentai cause I knew you were watching from a distant place.. ^^
Old 2004-03-24, 19:31   Link #19
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJeannot
i did that too when i wasn't used to read subs that fast

but time goes on and people evolve ... now i drink b33r! (benders voice )
Teach me master , I think i need to learn Japanese it would make things easier ... like i could sip my drink, watch the anime and even eat a chip all at the same time ... that'b be rad.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 19:54   Link #20
1stStrike
Pro Leecher

I'll usually bob my leg a bit while i'm sitting here. My body wants to move, but my brain wants to watch the anime. So, in order to keep the peace between my body and my brain..the leg bobs ):
1stStrike is offline   Reply With Quote