AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-17, 12:13   Link #421
Candyshark

Why people even remotly interested in main character. In VN he is completely overshadowed not only by main cast but even supporting characters. In anime he doesn't have much presence either. Moro had a field making that game. 48 scenes Miyako is really hardworker.

Momoyo's and Miyako's scene are fitting to character rest made me furious.

P.S. they tried so hard to make his paps look cool complete overkill, sends in fits of laughter everytime i see him.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 15:36   Link #422
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Why people even remotly interested in main character. In VN he is completely overshadowed not only by main cast but even supporting characters. In anime he doesn't have much presence either. Moro had a field making that game. 48 scenes Miyako is really hardworker.
*coughtakeintoaccountMoroolovesMiyakosoimaginehowh efeltdoingthatgamecough*

Also, take into account Yamato acts as the straight man of the game, so yeah, compare a normal but quite intelligent guy with girls that have ridiculous strenght and can even beat soldiers. Who's gonna catch more the attention? Morooka is also a straight man, more than Yamato, though he's a pervert from the very beginning (at least you can see that) and can be scary (to the point of scaring Mayucchi). Also, you have to see him while crossdressing. You won't forget it All in the game, of course.

Okay then, here's what I though about episode 3 of anime:

Spoiler for Half Good, Half Terrible:

It was way better than the stupid dog part in the previous episode, but I'm starting to miss the awesomeness of the first episode. I want more epic events, damn it. And what happened with the main story that started in episode 2? Did they decide to leave it aside until more episodes appear? I don't want to see a "Detective Conan" situation here, please. Hopefully next episode makes Mayucchi show more of her charms.
Nanashi_1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 16:04   Link #423
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
This change of character is (sadly) quite the norm in this genre: From the clueless/inexperienced (or just uninterested in the opposite gender at the beginning) guy into the super-skilled and stamina-gifted ero-"machine" ...
hmm particularly I think this change is only noticiable after Yamato conquer the girl in her respective route and the ero scenes of course, since to me he was already rather perverted since the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post

Momoyo's and Miyako's scene are fitting to character rest made me furious.

P.S. they tried so hard to make his paps look cool complete overkill, sends in fits of laughter everytime i see him.
well Yamato isn't your normal pussy/denseman and his strategies when necessary are quite cool, but as for him being overshadowed , I think it depends on the route , in Yukie's he's almost like a side character ( there is even a joke about that at the end of her route) but in Chris case he had a much more important role and I applaud at the decisions that were necessary to reach the good end
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 17:15   Link #424
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
well Yamato isn't your normal pussy/denseman and his strategies when necessary are quite cool, but as for him being overshadowed , I think it depends on the route , in Yukie's he's almost like a side character ( there is even a joke about that at the end of her route) but in Chris case he had a much more important role and I applaud at the decisions that were necessary to reach the good end
Spoiler for Chris route:

@Yamato in general: I think he's one of the better male leads. You either have the loser-pervy-character or the smart-brain who is uninterested in romance/girls. Yamato sorta combines the good aspects of both archetypes, if one does not mind the pervy trait. I admit to be not the greatest Kazama fan because he was a bit too hyper for my taste. I don't really care if he's being overshadowed or not as long as the interaction is enjoyable. As long as I don't have "/facepalm"-moments, it's good to go.

I might watch ep. 3 tomorrow if I can motivate myself.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 19:08   Link #425
Candyshark

Quote:
I might watch ep. 3 tomorrow if I can motivate myself.
You should. Miyako bits are sure delicious. So much potential...
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 23:03   Link #426
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Miyako and her story was actually quite interesting. Some funny moments hear, heart warming moments there, but yeah, it basically reminds me of BakaTest's Yuji/Shouko past. Which is never a bad thing in my book.

Thing is, I don't think it's just my bias speaking, but Mayucchi and Matsukaze second half was BORING as heck. I mean, I know its her character and all, but watching someone talk to themself for half an episode is just excruciating, even when its Goto-sama voicing her.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 05:09   Link #427
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@Episode 3: Oh my, the very beginning of Miyako's eroge-"fantasy" was a major spoiler for her VN route including the corresponding music track to that scene . I agree that her part in Ep. 3 was quite great. Though I cannot remember if Yamato's reason for not responding to her feelings was also mentioned in the VN (+ my jp. reading skills are very lousy regarding kanji "hell"), here you have the main critical aspects of Miyako's path *lol*.
But what's with the sudden change of her pitch of voice (ie. from light to a more rougher voice)?

Asides of that: Seeing pants = marriage? Sounds like a very old-fashioned tradition. Mayucchi is cute and her frantic hyperspeed speech boost when she gets embarrased is funny even though I was like "WTF?! Once again please" when I encountered it in the VN a few month ago.
Old 2011-10-18, 08:13   Link #428
Sik-07
Chuu~

I lol'd seeing Yamato playing Touhou

I could watch Mayucchi talking to herself all day ^^

Miyoko was great too
Old 2011-10-19, 07:29   Link #429
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Oh my, ecchi power at it's maximum. Guess that bath will be visited often during the few upcoming episodes.

A bit bothered by the changes they made to the character's and their ''reasons''. Especially Yamato's one with that coward part. And they should have added that he doesn't want to ''give in'' as that would mean that he accepted Miyako's love as he wants to be a dedicated partner so he must choose carefully. Or at least, that is how I remember.

And the scene with Gen-san and Cap was the same as in VN, although Yamato was the one who asked, not Cap. But eh, I shouldn't compare the two anymore, it's obvious where this is going.
Old 2011-10-20, 01:20   Link #430
HandofFate

Episode 3 was pretty entertaining. Never played the VN, so any new information/developments is all new to me.

I assume episode 4 will show some focus on the German and Wanko, hopefully.

Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2011-10-20, 05:37   Link #431
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Ep 3 was good.. ok.. I like the romance in this anime, i'm curios for the girl Yamato Takes in the end... However... I want to' see all girl fight...like the first episode... I hope the story is focused more in this way that in a romance way...Just give the last two episode for the romance part..
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 07:30   Link #432
Sumeragi
Banned

I still find it hilarious that Kuki Ageha (and by extension the crew from Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de) is part of this world
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 21:10   Link #433
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Man Tokyo Youth law burn in hell. Censors burn in hell.

Although the opener could have fooled me.

Miyako's getting a bit tiresome with the aggressive pushing for secks, because sadly as I know as per the standard, there's only cockblock. She does go out of her way though. But there's enough Yukie running around so I don't care. It was kinda funny to see her break out the Mikuru voice though.

Decent fanservice, but stiffed by the mandatory cockblock. But fine episode anyways.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 07:49   Link #434
Nihokon

Do you think that...
Spoiler for matsukaze:
Old 2011-10-21, 08:24   Link #435
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

what a waste that 2nd half was!! they could of put serval funny scenes in there instead of some girl talking to herself!
Well that being said im totally looking forward to the BDs!!!! lol
Old 2011-10-21, 10:42   Link #436
giorno

@Narukahana
Spoiler:
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 10:49   Link #437
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 3

Best part of the episode hands down was Miyako's Eroge fantasy i mean damn this girl loves Yamato so much she made a Eroge game LMAO now thats what i call love. I love how there was only one route "Miyako's" plus bonus features.

Rest of the episode was so so I find Yamatos excuse for why he does return Miyako's affections stupid but oh well however his power to detect a aura of his potential rape is uncanny. Imo episodes 1 and 2 were better.
Old 2011-10-21, 11:16   Link #438
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Episode 3

Best part of the episode hands down was Miyako's Eroge fantasy i mean damn this girl loves Yamato so much she made a Eroge game LMAO now thats what i call love. I love how there was only one route "Miyako's" plus bonus features.

Rest of the episode was so so I find Yamatos excuse for why he does return Miyako's affections stupid but oh well however his power to detect a aura of his potential rape is uncanny. Imo episodes 1 and 2 were better.
Play Miayko's route although it's still untranslated. Let's say if you accept the feelings of someone with *such* intense feelings, it may not always be good . I'm still unsure wether Yamato's reason was the same in the VN or mentioned, but whatever.

@general: I'm still in doubt how the anime will progress. I get the reference in Ep. 1, but I'm wondering where Ep. 2 + 3 are corresponding to. Damn you, bad memory at the age of 25!
Old 2011-10-22, 13:13   Link #439
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Majikoi 04 - Ed the Undying Dies Again:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 15:49   Link #440
Nanashi_1337

I hope you're right. I mean, I sure want to see them go to school at least once and do a class battle against Class S. That would make things more exciting. And also I would be able to see other characters apart from the main ones. Seriously, the side characters in the game are as funny as the main characters, so put them more often, for God's sake. And if possible, they should move on with the main story.

Also, ANOTHER Yonpachi joke. Oh God, repeating bad jokes is the last thing I want to see (and they used the same characters as in the last episode for this joke to show how repetitive it is). And I really don't know how they will handle the uncensored version, if there is one. There are some parts that, if they're uncovered, they would probably make the anime be +18.
Nanashi_1337 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, eroge, seinen