AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-18, 03:33   Link #22641
demino_hellsin
That one guy

are IS shields permanently on and just selectively let things through or activate on impulse?
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 03:34   Link #22642
Eratas123

Have you guys forgotten that the IS have field sensors? Even if the pilot can't see, the machine can still see the person through the light considering the IS was made for space exploration.

@ Demi - THey're on as long as the object is dangerous. THings like hands can probably get through.
Old 2012-02-18, 03:38   Link #22643
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I believe I.S. barrier is activated manually by the pilot, I can be wrong though. (Absolute Defense is activated automatically when Barrier can't do jack)

Maybe there's multiple type of barrier to keep I.S. more aerodynamic than they appear, though not perfect either. It was also implied that it was designed for space operation, despite the lack of helmet and torso armor and exposed arms and legs, suggesting that I.S. using some sort of barrier to keep a normal atmosphere inside. (never mind that in space combat, that's equal suicide anyway).
Old 2012-02-18, 03:39   Link #22644
DarkJak2050

Which is why I've thought of Concussion Grenades.

So, wouldn't a flashbang's effect be worse on a pilot if they have the Hyper Sensors because the senses are improved?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 03:42   Link #22645
demino_hellsin
That one guy

flashbang works on principal of overloading your senses. It actually works better if you can see better so that your eyes and brain that receives info from your retina fries easier. Also if the pilot is incapacitated, the IS is pretty much incapacitated as well since Silver Gospel is the only machine thus far that can act independent of its pilot's wishes.

The IS probably has a sun visor function but just activating it in a split second may become a distraction of half a second.

Taking the barrier into account, I thought if it was possible to create a small beacon that can attach to the barrier. It forces the shield to continuously activate as if it was taking continuous damage
Old 2012-02-18, 03:42   Link #22646
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe hyper-sensor can also tone DOWN the sensitivity, I.S. are supposed to be perfect anyway. I use this as plot point in my fic regarding Ichika's crown-like headset. It was used to filter the noise of his own engine.
Old 2012-02-18, 03:47   Link #22647
DarkJak2050

It doesn't really say in canon...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 03:47   Link #22648
Eratas123

The Hyper sensor isn't always that intense. Besides, they have 360* vision, so all they have to do is look backwards to avoid the flash. If not, I'm assuming the IS has some kind of light and noise filter.
Old 2012-02-18, 03:48   Link #22649
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not said indeed, feel free to accept or deny it. The noise filter is a must, considering you have a freaking jet engine strapped on your back (I look at you, Rin).
Old 2012-02-18, 03:49   Link #22650
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Light filter is probable, sound... not so much. No sound in space so no need to actually include that in the function. Light on the other hand is quite dangerous, hence sun visor.
Old 2012-02-18, 03:51   Link #22651
Eratas123

Okay, why are you guys so strapped to canon? I know we don't wanna break canon rules or anything, but saying "It wasn't said in canon so it can't be used' is getting odd. A lot of your stories are already breaking some canon rules, so why is it such a big deal? There's a difference between making things that weren't said in canon and breaking canon rules.
Old 2012-02-18, 03:57   Link #22652
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As I said demi, those naked exoskeleton are supposed to work in space, how else it can work WITHOUT enclosed the pilot in a normalized atmosphere? This also means it can work under the pressure of outside air, which may explain I.S. maneuverability without the human limbs ripped by the air resistance (and the g-force are nullified by the PIC).

And the reason they can talk freely despite fighting at supersonic speed (also, they communicate using I.S. network than shouting at each other directly, again possibly because the sound inside the bubbles was kept in the bubbles)

(that's still dumber than having the pilot completely enclosed though, as I said, very suicidal)
Old 2012-02-18, 04:00   Link #22653
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then this means that IS can encapsulate themselves in a separate space. Doesn't that mean they can maintain a stasis effect on the person inside? D:

EDIT: Maybe Tabane made it like that because it was too constrictive? I mean... you know... wouldn't women find it hard to breathe?
Old 2012-02-18, 04:02   Link #22654
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What do you mean stasis effect?
Old 2012-02-18, 04:04   Link #22655
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: They can probably go into cold sleep inside the thing >.>
Old 2012-02-18, 04:04   Link #22656
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

.... that's how Absolute defense protect the pilot, indeed maybe the application of cyro-sleep is possible
Old 2012-02-18, 04:06   Link #22657
Eratas123

The IS series barely makes sense of it's tech.
Old 2012-02-18, 04:06   Link #22658
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Other than cryo-sleep... I was actually thinking of the possibility that as long as they're inside the IS they won't age or anything D:
Old 2012-02-18, 04:10   Link #22659
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, I don't know. I use flimsy handwave about gas manipulation rather than outright magic ._.
Old 2012-02-18, 04:15   Link #22660
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Random idea... antagonist OC who's out to collect all the IS cores...

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest