AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-29, 05:09   Link #24301
Eratas123

Then again, the game where you Fus ro Dah'd barely had any foreshadowing unless you've read up on the game or looked at the menu and checked "Dragon Shouts".

Anyway, I'm stuck on FI 6.
Old 2012-02-29, 05:12   Link #24302
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Then again, the game where you Fus ro Dah'd barely had any foreshadowing unless you've read up on the game or looked at the menu and checked "Dragon Shouts".
Okay... Guess that wasn't really the best example.

But yeah, point remains.

Instant Deus Ex w/o any past foreshadowing = Asspull

Otherwise, if the reason seem believable, it should be fine. Just make sure the rest of the upgrades gets a better explanation sometime later (after the upgrade occurs) as well if it's not given a detailed one before.
Old 2012-02-29, 05:27   Link #24303
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Thinking of writing that kamen rider infinite stratos crossover... but as you know kamen rider ain't exactly on par with IS. So the kamen rider gets a situational upgrade cuz the the energy he gets from the surroundings is much more potent in the IS-verse than his original universe(yes, he dimension jumped).

Downside, until he can find a way to properly utilize the power, it's pretty much shorting out his rider system and turns him into a ticking time bomb where the power can overload at any second and turn him into a planetary scale nuke.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 05:28   Link #24304
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Actually, I need to talk to you about that: Whatever happened to "The Minerva's main weakness was it could't take on an IS head on"? Now he's fighting Tatenashi
Old 2012-02-29, 05:34   Link #24305
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Thinking of writing that kamen rider infinite stratos crossover... but as you know kamen rider ain't exactly on par with IS. So the kamen rider gets a situational upgrade cuz the the energy he gets from the surroundings is much more potent in the IS-verse than his original universe(yes, he dimension jumped).

Downside, until he can find a way to properly utilize the power, it's pretty much shorting out his rider system and turns him into a ticking time bomb where the power can overload at any second and turn him into a planetary scale nuke.
Actually in a fight, my money's on Kamen Rider.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 05:37   Link #24306
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'd put my money on Kabuto over any IS unit, Tatenashi, Chifuyu or Tabane involved or not. But it's Fourze >.>
Old 2012-02-29, 05:40   Link #24307
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
@ Stratos - Actually, I need to talk to you about that: Whatever happened to "The Minerva's main weakness was it could't take on an IS head on"? Now he's fighting Tatenashi
I was hoping him being constantly labeled as "wreckless" and "idiot" would explain that.

Also, I'm postponing that part until after Phase Shift, where his unit, the Proioxis, practically performs like an IS. The fact that the unit itself resembles another genuine IS belonging to a Rep Cadet's doesn't help his case.

And that's not even touching the Arete yet. Two IS-ish units that bear similar appearances with each other... I don't know how I'm going to write people's reactions when that scene comes.
Old 2012-02-29, 05:43   Link #24308
Eratas123

That doesn't explain the fact that he's turning into "Fragile Speedster" to "IS clone". The appeal if it was that it at least tried to differentiate itself from the powerhouse IS. Now it's becoming "IS with a fancy name".
Old 2012-02-29, 05:46   Link #24309
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

My fic is going on a little hiatus :O dunno what's happening.
Old 2012-02-29, 05:51   Link #24310
Eratas123

@ Yachi - What's wrong?
Old 2012-02-29, 05:52   Link #24311
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Well I already declared that I'm not restricting myself when it comes to upgrades.

Furthermore, it's not like he's taking on PT or anything... All he ever goes up against, in a serious fight, are drones and more drones.

As long as he doesn't curbstomp a Gen-3, once again in a serious battle, I don't see how people would be able to see the Proioxis as an IS clone, let alone a machine that can beat a 3rd Gen IS.

All his past fights with an IS, aside from Gospel which got him a sharpnel to the abdomen and Tsurugi's Uchigane since it's not a 3rd Gen, have been merely practice sessions.

And it's not like he'll beat Tatenashi anyway.
Old 2012-02-29, 05:54   Link #24312
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
I'm not even bother to hide about what could be called I.S. for guys. Besides, my plan of having Dan as pilot already wrecked, I'd better go all out when it comes to everything else
Old 2012-02-29, 05:55   Link #24313
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'd put my money on Kabuto over any IS unit, Tatenashi, Chifuyu or Tabane involved or not. But it's Fourze >.>
All my money is on Decade.

Fourze on the other hand...
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 06:00   Link #24314
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Stratos
I'm not even bother to hide about what could be called I.S. for guys. Besides, my plan of having Dan as pilot already wrecked, I'd better go all out when it comes to everything else
Going all out as in declaring the Proioxis as an IS?

I don't mind declaring the unit as one myself. Problem is, Inami has not done anything that would label his unit as an IS. All his enemies are drones, IS already has Golems.

The only thing that would even make people suspect its an IS unit is it's near-identical appearance to Sweden's Fantom Falken IS, seeing as it is carrying said IS' core unit when Phase Shift kicked in.
Old 2012-02-29, 06:00   Link #24315
Eratas123

@ Stratos - You said yourself you're making it so that the unit practically performs like an IS. Anyway, It's your choice. The subtle difference was the only thing keeping me interested in another mech vs mech story in the archive. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Tieing with Tatenashi counts. Notice that even a borderline 3rd gen unit with an expert pilot couldn't beat her.
Old 2012-02-29, 06:00   Link #24316
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
Not that, but you attempted to differentiate Minerva from I.S. and frankly, it shown as Athena Bouclier can attest. So you just need to keep that effort instead of having I.S. but different name, the first unit that shown in mine is White Knight for God's sake.

Anyway.

Reminds me, it is really necessary that every power armor these days are only potable by girls? Fanservice? Anti-gundam?
Old 2012-02-29, 06:04   Link #24317
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm also limiting Fourze to his first 10 switches... I doubt elek states can take down even a rafael... Maybe an Uchigane but a Rafael?
Old 2012-02-29, 06:06   Link #24318
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

potable....?
Old 2012-02-29, 06:07   Link #24319
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Damn typo, I mean pilotable. Strike Witches, Sky Girls, I.S....
Old 2012-02-29, 06:13   Link #24320
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Quote:
@ Yachi - What's wrong?
I'm not really sure what's wrong. I was nearly at the battle scene and I suddenly stopped writing. I dunno what happened.

Maybe because of the retarded clearance requirements

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest