AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 01:53   Link #2461
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Face it guys, that girl with 2O names is the real Char Clone in a series full of Gundam, and will one day be one hell of a Chekov's gun.

And I'm in one hell of a rut. I'm trying to work out what the hell I want with the inherited whole of Class 1-2, but beyond Deconstructing Negima, my brain fails in trying to keep the 31 girls as unique as possible.

I'm still working on the core 5 + teacher, but then there's still 25 to go...

Heed my call, trope masters, shape this anti-male harem and save me!
Are you really planning to use EVERYONE in class 1-2? You might want to limit it to 10 at the most since characters will get shafted at some point if you try to use them all. So far I'm using Karon and Talia for Irish and Isadora and Paparazzi girl for Kyuukai, gotta think of one for Ichika though.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 02:08   Link #2462
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

How about a cross-over with Spiderman?
Old 2011-10-09, 02:13   Link #2463
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
How about a cross-over with Spiderman?
Um...How exactly wold that work? I know spiderman's cool and all but I doubt he could fight something with the strength of a gundam...Unless you're thinking of using spiderman 2099 in which case it sound's plausible since his spider suit has iron-man capabilities.
Old 2011-10-09, 02:18   Link #2464
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

How about these for starters: Class 1-2
Hikari - Kendo club. Japanese, about the same height as Ling, red hair like the gotandas done in a pigtail. Youngest of four, three older brothers, innocent personality, says she "Loves everybody" (take that as you may)

Jess - Movie club. African-American, smartass from New York. Only child, counts herself lucky that the US sent her to IS under a scholarship. Despite being lazy is actually quite proficient with studies and IS piloting.

Ramona - Dancing club. Portugese, arrogant but in a different way from Cecillia. Passionate about dance, only in IS Academy because of her government's insistence (and her high IS aptitude).
Old 2011-10-09, 02:19   Link #2465
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Hahaha, don't worry my dear, this is where John Smith shows his true powers.

EDIT: Ninja'd again.
Old 2011-10-09, 02:23   Link #2466
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
EDIT: Ninja'd again.
<Ren>: "......"
Old 2011-10-09, 02:26   Link #2467
Eratas123

@ Wavehawk- Are those from the class 1-2 list? I've checked it out and I don't remember them.

@ detective- Spiderman 2099 is really the only one I can think of: Amazing Spider-man isn't strong enough to handle multiple units, Spider-man Noir can barely handle machine guns let alone energy beams, Venom suit Spidey can probably fight them but the venom suit will try to kill him at some point etc etc. 2099 has advanced strength and speed because of his future suit.

BTW, what does ninja'd mean/
Old 2011-10-09, 02:30   Link #2468
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Wavehawk- Are those from the class 1-2 list? I've checked it out and I don't remember them.
- No, I just invented them off the top of my head in case someone here needed characters.
Old 2011-10-09, 02:46   Link #2469
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Quote:

@ detective- Spiderman 2099 is really the only one I can think of: Amazing Spider-man isn't strong enough to handle multiple units, Spider-man Noir can barely handle machine guns let alone energy beams, Venom suit Spidey can probably fight them but the venom suit will try to kill him at some point etc etc. 2099 has advanced strength and speed because of his future suit.

BTW, what does ninja'd mean/
There are many ways one can do a cross-over,
Spiderman doesn't necessarily need to be
fighting IS, that's all I've thought up concretely
for now.

You get ninja'd when you post in reply then suddenly
find out that someone posted while you were typing.

Slow typers like me are very prone.
Old 2011-10-09, 02:52   Link #2470
Eratas123

You gave me an Idea:

Miguel O'Hara didn't have the best life: Working as a scientist by day and spider-man by night when your enemies controlled the entire city wasn't easy. But being sent to a world where women could pilot the ultimate weapons and crazy inventors run amok? Well...let's just say his life has taken a turn for the worse.
Old 2011-10-09, 02:59   Link #2471
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Wavehawk I think you misunderstand, I'm taking what's already been done and seeing what I can salvage, as 31 girls have been created, but they've been created in isolation from the bigger picture that's why I want to have a look at them and start again.

But those that you've posted are nice cores to run, there's just not enough variety in the current group so I most likely will combine them into 3 of the class.

I suppose a good start would be to come up with 31 character tropes? Then I'll start matching characters to tropes then see what we're missing and what parts we can use and what to throw away.

Like for example, Angelina Stark is the Girl Genius, and Celeste is the Rei Ayanami Clone. Karon is the Irresponsible Captain and The Little Sister, Tio is the Princess By Another Name that is a Capable Airhead, and Erika is the Soft Spoken Cookie that becomes a Determinator when cornered. I can't decide whether Riselle Hirashima Shiyi is a kuudere or a tsundere, but I do think she needs a less convoluted name.

This is what I've got so far without having to dig into google docs atm as I'm using my phone now. What do you think of them?

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 03:11   Link #2472
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I never thought I'll say this one...

OPed

(Not a fan of western Animation, You see?)
Old 2011-10-09, 03:18   Link #2473
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

OPed

Neither am I really. Spiderman 2099 was a comic book series that came out in the 90's (I was probably 4-6 years old at the time) and I only found out about him when he featured in the Spiderman: Shattered dimensions videogame.

Basically: Spiderman 2099 lives in a dystopian future where the company "Alchemax" controls nearly everything. He did some gene splicing and managed to get some of the original spidermans power's along with a power suit that augments his abilities.

I can go two places with this:

1. Replace "Alchemax" with Tabane and you get a future sci-fi fic where a man with spider powers and a power suit fights mini gundams.

2. Have 2099 be sent back in time (it's happened before) into the Infinite stratos world. Much Lolz ensue as 2099 tries to find his way back home and deal with the antics of a certain bunny eared mad scientist.

What do you think?
Old 2011-10-09, 03:19   Link #2474
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

OPed

*gasp*

Does not compute-Does not compute-

EDIT: Tabane ruler of the world, hm, I like.
Old 2011-10-09, 03:22   Link #2475
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

What's going on. What's a newspaper article on the page opposite to the editorial got to do with my plea...?

Old 2011-10-09, 03:26   Link #2476
Eratas123

Quote:
What's going on. What's a newspaper article on the page opposite to the editorial got to do with my plea...?
Why don't you have all of them having separate adventures? Karon and her team doing gladatorials, some doing missions for their respective organizations, and others just hanging out in school. That way you can have them all there but they are independent of one another.

I'm already writing the Karon x Irish draft so you and zero can expect it later.
Old 2011-10-09, 03:27   Link #2477
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Quote:
This is what I've got so far without having to dig into google docs atm as I'm using my phone now. What do you think of them?
- I'm not that well-versed with tropes, and I think it's better to just try to flesh out the characters in one way or other. Maybe I could list down some other character-ish formats and you can fit them to whatever characters you see fit? To start off, make Riselle's name a running gag--have the rest of the class shorten it to "Riz"--which will annoy her but it's necessary.

- Mother/Big sister type (Harem Nanny), but not an airhead. Actually responsible for keeping the class together--ESEPCIALLY considering who the Representative is (Fan Ling Yin). Often exasperated that Lingyin and the other nuttier class members tend to get themsevles into more trouble than they can dig out of.

- Maybe you can combine Celeste with the Music Buff stereotype? (This has happened before, actually--in Tokimeki Memorial 4, there's a character like this: Rhythmy Kyono who happens to be voiced by HNGGGKanaHanazawaHnnggg)

- I think Angelina being the girl genius needs a bit more depth as well--a girl who's not only good with design and construction of IS frames and the like, but is actually in love with them--which makes her relationships very awkward in both silly and serious ways--I kind of think Nina Purpleton from Gundam 0083 for some reason

- The Me-Her type of girl--you know the kind. fashion copycat, always trying on whatever's in vogue--whether it's practical or not. Knows all the karaoke and fun spots, shopping spots, where movie actors are shooting, etc. Absolute dead last in studies. You wonder "Why is she even here?" Tries skipping school often, not always successful.

- The replacement--a girl who's only there because her sister was too sickly to be an IS pilot. She's capable in her own right, but is self-conscious about it. Quiet, doesn't seem to stand out, but is doing it on purpose--is afraid of overshadowing the other good pilots in class. In the archery club, gets a lot of commentary about how bow and arrow are impractical or useless to an IS. Very complex personality as you don't know if her low-key demeanor is an act to keep from standing out or her real manner.

- The complainer. Possibly the most annoying one. Complains about EVERYTHING. The killjoy, the party-pooper, the one you just want to strangle because all she ever does is whine and whinge and say how much better it was when she was in her previous school, etc. Bonus points for her beign the best student in class (except for IS) and driving Lingyin stark raving mad on occassion...

Gimme time. I'll come up with a couple of other ideas...

Last edited by wavehawk; 2011-10-09 at 04:23.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 04:34   Link #2478
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Why don't you have all of them having separate adventures? Karon and her team doing gladatorials, some doing missions for their respective organizations, and others just hanging out in school. That way you can have them all there but they are independent of one another.

I'm already writing the Karon x Irish draft so you and zero can expect it later.
Sure, looking forward to it!

I like the challenge basically, since I will eventually feature all 35 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- I'm not that well-versed with tropes, and I think it's better to just try to flesh out the characters in one way or other. Maybe I could list down some other character-ish formats and you can fit them to whatever characters you see fit?
Yeap, I would, just that for now I have to find a computer first. And I have.

This is the tentative class list of Class 1-2. It has not been modified yet, but from here contains links to all the other OCs in the thread that have been banded together to form the class.

I'll start by working on the core 6 first. Let's work with them and not skip too far ahead. More specifically, these 3 characters since you've touched on them.

Quote:
To start off, make Riselle's name a running gag--have the rest of the class shorten it to "Riz"--which will annoy her but it's necessary.

- Mother/Big sister type (Harem Nanny), but not an airhead. Actually responsible for keeping the class together--ESEPCIALLY considering who the Representative is (Fan Ling Yin). Often exasperated that Lingyin and the other nuttier class members tend to get themsevles into more trouble than they can dig out of.
This is how I see Riz really, she has to curtail Karon's nuttiness while on the job, then in class pick up the slack of Lingyi. Okay let's combine this together!

Spoiler for Stock Character by SaintessHeart:
Issues with the character: Overlaps with Karon. (ok I know they are bunkmates and now teammates but they are currently just twins...) This character started the whole Metropolis lolness which has become Infinite Stratos Gundam 00. But I like the crack in this, so let's see how we can modify it.

Issues with the IS: Personal IS, and too many weapons.

Quote:
- Maybe you can combine Celeste with the Music Buff stereotype? (This has happened before, actually--in Tokimeki Memorial 4, there's a character like this: Rhythmy Kyono who happens to be voiced by HNGGGKanaHanazawaHnnggg)
Since HanaKana was taken, I settled for Yui Ogura, though I forgot what Blitz had in mind since back then. This is the remake I made of the character, but has to be remade again because of the changes to fanon I have made since then:

Spoiler for Rebuild of Celeste Eisenberg:
Issues with the character: Nothing really, I even intend to keep the Schwarzehase and Laura Bodewig links. I will be tossing out the Augmentors bits. After that, I need to make it more Yui Ogura, and now + music.

Issues with the IS: Equipment change. Seraphim now carries double 75mm belt-feed automatic grenade launchers, one under each arm capable of mowing down very heavy targets and even tanks. The hot-swapping equipment thing goes to Angelina Stark.

I guess Celeste would now be humming tunes to the roar of her tireless guns, while her affect remains completely flat. Freaky to be facing her off.

Quote:
- I think Angelina being the girl genius needs a bit more depth as well--a girl who's not only good with design and construction of IS frames and the like, but is actually in love with them--which makes her relationships very awkward in both silly and serious ways--I kind of think Nina Purpleton from Gundam 0083 for some reason.
Her geniusness comes from building Equalizers and frames and researching One-Off Abilities, and she strives to ultimately crack the Tabane Code. Is a IS-otaku through and through, such that even though men are attracted to her, she wants nothing to do with them. I like this idea!

The stock character by Dragonkid11:

Spoiler for Dragonkid11 - Angelina Stark:
Issues with the character: Shares too many elements with everyone else.

Issues with the IS: Its a personal unit. It has far too many weapons! But I really like the effort that went into crafting the Firemoth, just that the OC felt like it was tacked on in an afterthought.

Quote:
- The Me-Her type of girl--you know the kind. fashion copycat, always trying on whatever's in vogue--whether it's practical or not. Knows all the karaoke and fun spots, shopping spots, where movie actors are shooting, etc. Absolute dead last in studies. You wonder "Why is she even here?" Tries skipping school often, not always successful.
Giselle Rheinhart, this is you.

Quote:
- The replacement--a girl who's only there because her sister was too sickly to be an IS pilot. She's capable in her own right, but is self-conscious about it. Quiet, doesn't seem to stand out, but is doing it on purpose--is afraid of overshadowing the other good pilots in class. In the archery club, gets a lot of commentary about how bow and arrow are impractical or useless to an IS. Very complex personality as you don't know if her low-key demeanor is an act to keep from standing out or her real manner.
Hmm... Erika Weber, or someone else in the class... I suppose this would go into the other girl.

Quote:
- The complainer. Possibly the most annoying one. Complains about EVERYTHING. The killjoy, the party-pooper, the one you just want to strangle because all she ever does is whine and whinge and say how much better it was when she was in her previous school, etc. Bonus points for her beign the best student in class (except for IS) and driving Lingyin stark raving mad on occassion...
Kuriya Minori.

~~~~~

So, let's put what Oji-chan said into words....

Or so I thought. But I ran out of time!! ZZZZZ.

Will start work on these 3 and post in a while.

Old 2011-10-09, 04:39   Link #2479
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Angelina: "You..you chipped the paint on my beloved Firemoth! I AM SO GONNA SEND YOU TO HELL FOR THAT!!!"

Riz: "Here we go again."

Celeste: (Nonchalantly and quietly still listens to her headphones)

...I'm also thinking through some of the other characters on that list---and adding my own character if it's ok, but not sure if that ain't overload already.

Quote:
Kuriya Minori.
Oh I can see a lot of gags goign on with this..."Hey, Kujira!"
"STOP CALLING ME THAT DAMMIT!!!"

Last edited by wavehawk; 2011-10-09 at 05:06.
Old 2011-10-09, 05:01   Link #2480
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Edited off- Rewrite complete this segment.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2011-10-10 at 04:27.

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest