AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 01:12   Link #25181
demino_hellsin
That one guy

After White Knight Incident, they realized it was Tabane who would be capable of such a machine. Since White Knight was considered an IS, it only took months to get people to track down Tabane. Tabane herself had already fled by that time, planning the whole thing.

So the governments who received the cores left by her in the labs as her parting gift to them to get them to leave her alone. Those 467 units were everything she built during her time in research.

It takes another year to realize the schematics left to them and the first few IS are all pretty shoddy. The appearance resembles more the giant space suit than the current IS. Using those, they were to continue tracking down the White Knight that they're intelligence networks had been keeping tabs on.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 01:23   Link #25182
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, interesting, but Tabane DIDN'T run away until 4 years after the WK incident... (see my timeline above, again the bolded part is canon)

That one case is interesting though, and to be frank similar to what I think. In mine, the First true I.S. are the fatty space suit, using high technology but otherwise conventional and obeying physic. Tabane and Iori designed this together.

By the time the space exploration program is canceled (around 2004), the concept of I.S. core are, well, concept, hence the reason they laughed upon it, saying that no matter if Tabane is a genius that designed the I.S. mentioned above, her concept of the core is breaking a lot of fundamental rules and thus deemed impossible.

Note that I made it because seriously, the fact that scientist community laughing upon the ability of I.S. are seriously illogical, as noted by Eras dozen of pages ago.
Old 2012-03-09, 01:24   Link #25183
Eratas123

*Just popping in*

Summary: Tabane's a troll who doesn't care about anyone but a few and no one should care about her.
Old 2012-03-09, 01:32   Link #25184
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then that changes a lot of things. Tabane built the 467 cores by request from the countries. Even if canon said they were split evenly, I don't think that's the case. It was actually more of each country asking Tabane to build them a batch. However since it was an arms race each country wanted more than the other, until one time Tabane got fed up with the increasing orders and disappeared so she could get some private time with her research.

So the countries then probably already received some of the IS cores they ordered. Tabane would still be in public circulation and not some sociopathic hermit. Due to being busy with the cores, frame construction was relegated to weapon production companies and various firms that were responsible for building war vehicles.

The IS, though still few in number. Maybe rather than 467 exist, only 467 officially exist. The ones involved in the White Knight War are never recorded because said war was wiped clean from the history books due to that incident where the world was put in peril from an IS trying to gain orbital weapon class armaments.
Old 2012-03-09, 01:51   Link #25185
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, nice idea
Old 2012-03-09, 01:58   Link #25186
Eratas123

Is it possible to knock an IS down if it's rammed hard enough?
Old 2012-03-09, 02:04   Link #25187
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Of course.
Old 2012-03-09, 02:14   Link #25188
Eratas123

Is it possible for someone to increase their mass but not their size? Alex from Protoype looks like a fit 20 year old, but the concrete cracks when he lands on it.
Old 2012-03-09, 02:21   Link #25189
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, normally you can't do that, what you mean is density. Alex Mercer is weighed tons upon tons while having the volume of normal human, which means he's far denser than normal human, no wonder the concrete cracked. He's putting the mass of hundreds of human in human-sized feet, meaning hundred of times ground pressure.

(Come to think of it, Alex is biologically impossible)
Old 2012-03-09, 02:22   Link #25190
Eratas123

So it's impossible to increase density while retaining weight?
Old 2012-03-09, 02:29   Link #25191
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, all in all, it's impossible. Unless you can break physic, and even then, how exactly you can move with such density? Biological process is useless.

Trivia: Alex Mercer is assumed to be 250 kg at default and more than 10 ton max.
Old 2012-03-09, 02:30   Link #25192
Eratas123

It's not meant to be use while moving. I figured I could use this as a power during the Bad Future Segment: Punch then rapidly increase the density just before impact or jump on an IS and increase the density to make it harder to carry you.
Old 2012-03-09, 02:36   Link #25193
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Interesting how Zero mentioned Sacred Twins' final battle will be at an unfinished orbital elevator, sounds very very cool. That definitely outshines the final battle of Before Stratos, which will be in the exosphere.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 02:40   Link #25194
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
You might ask demi for that, that kind of question is reserved for college grade physic. I'm sorry

@ Box
Meister already beat me to it.
Old 2012-03-09, 02:42   Link #25195
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Thinking of any powers/upgrades I can give cloney. Any ideas?
Old 2012-03-09, 02:54   Link #25196
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Why would he need powers in the first place?

Weird timeline: (By Ichika's age and memories)

16 - v5
15 - canon start
14 - Ichika is kidnapped by PT while Mondo Grosso 2 is held
13 - Rin leaves during 2nd year of middle school
11 - Rin transfers in; Chifuyu wins Mondo Grosso 1(because MG only happens once every 3 years.)
10 - Houki is forced to move
5 - white knight incident from 10 years ago

kinda like that?
Old 2012-03-09, 02:59   Link #25197
Eratas123

He's fighting against the IS and all he has is regular/stolen gear. He needs them to survive. I'm not making him super man, but he should at least stand a chance. He already has rapid healing, regeneration, and in built combat survivability.
Old 2012-03-09, 02:59   Link #25198
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm sick so I can't think too deep today.
Old 2012-03-09, 03:05   Link #25199
Eratas123

It's alright. Anyway, I guess "Power born from madness" can apply here since he gets more insane the more the story goes. Wondering if I should make it like an RPG and make it a choice whether he kills the "Bosses" or lets them live.
Old 2012-03-09, 03:29   Link #25200
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
16 - v5
15 - canon start
14 - Ichika is kidnapped by PT while Mondo Grosso 2 is held
13 - Rin leaves during 2nd year of middle school
11 - Rin transfers in; Chifuyu wins Mondo Grosso 1(because MG only happens once every 3 years.)
10 - Houki is forced to move
5 - white knight incident from 10 years ago

kinda like that?
Some thing to fix.

> Houki transfer at the age of 9, therefore, fourth grade.
> Rin came six months after Houki left.
> Rin left precisely 1 year before the story, roughly the time all of them become Third year (before or after).
> Impossible for Mondo grosso II to start 1 year before the story, because Chifuyu stay in German for a year and already returned months before story began (as noted by Ichika). By this account, The kidnapping happened before Rin left.

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest