AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-14, 10:03   Link #25921
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
That will took a while to explain, but as you said, the tech in I.S are wonky.

I have rechecked some part of the novel, and found that the tech is a bit... wonky.

Putting it short, in Canon I.S. has limited endurance. Whether it's firing beam cannon, or even... watch for it, engines, will consume energy. To charge the energy they need to rest (indicating that the core output is not high enough to sustain materialization).

Assuming this is the case, by technicality they can generate bullet on a whim, but in practice, they'll took a good amount of energy creating spare magazines therefore they have limited ammo per engagement.

Which made it even stranger, in Sacred Twins I.S. are established as having virtually unlimited endurance, despite not hyped as canon counterparts.

My IS designs, have something that allows them to have almost infinite energy as well, since I did separate shield energy from "plain energy".

I call the device the [Regenerative Hyper-Capacitor], which is basically a sort of reactor and a battery in one. On one end, it stores IS Core energy, and once a minimum percentage is reached, about 25% of the total capacitor amount, the capacitor's charge rate is maxed, and so the level of energy in storage suddenly increases until about 90% of the capacitor's amount- basically as long as energy usage of my IS designs does not dip the capacitor below 25%, it basically has "infinite energy". </techbabble>

And so I have developed a series of modules that basically deal with the hyper-capacitor in combat. But they can only be used w/in a limited range.

[Capacitor Transfers] allow one IS to transfer (neutral) energy to another- a side-product of Akatsubaki's Ability. My 3 IS units can utilize a "Capacitor Chain" formation to basically be almost immune to energy drain. I also planned for the Akatsubaki to join in this formation when scenarios apply.

[Energy Vampires] allow one IS to suck (neutral) energy from another, and as long as the target has a higher pool of energy, the vampire can suck more.

[Energy Neutralizers] basically spend IS energy to neutralize/negate a target's energy stores w/ a cruel 1:1.25 ratio.

And since IS have transport systems, transporting material ammo is easy as well, and can be done w/o using IS energy, in the form of a support system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Symphogear has a close parallel to a end-season powerup mechanic I dreamed up: Hyperalignment, where the pilot sync rate goes up and beyond reason, and pwns the shit out of everyone. To achieve this state, they have to sing.
*looks at his Revatlos IS unit*

Page claim?
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 10:18   Link #25922
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, that skill was learned as soon as he gain Overshift. The supercavitation mobility when he's reviewing Submarine Warfare Doctrine during V4 filler arc. The one that DOESN'T surprised about this? Rin, who knew because the very concept of the skill applied to ShenLong's impact cannon and ignition boost. (Decompression-induced shockwave)
Spoiler for YMMV:

The fight with Laura? He done a lot of research about how to defeat AIC. The fight with Gospel? Asspull again (It's a shift up after all), however there's also foreshadowing of Ichika overriding safety measure, resulting in a literal Over-clocking, non-canon Super Mode (Overshift).
Old 2012-03-14, 10:22   Link #25923
Eratas123

Isn't there a fight against a stronger opponent where he wins through sheer determination and willpower alone? It's a staple for every shonen hero.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:33   Link #25924
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Of course there is, the fight against Madoka + 7 PT mooks. And then there's the superior evil bro.

And in the fight against Tatenashi, he technically lost because he's running away And before that, him losing against the same group of PT mooks, which result in Madoka's kidnapping.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:35   Link #25925
Eratas123

Would anybody get fraked out if someone stood up after getting stabbed multiple times and kept fighting?

That's cause he doesn't want to be prez :/ He's probably not fighting seriously.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:43   Link #25926
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Of course someone will, it's borderline implacable man territory. (it does happen IRL BTW)

Nope, he would still lose, he just shown that it's not going to be easy. Basically "I don't take shit if I don't want it, so fuck off" in non-verbal form. She is greatly amused and knew she didn't chose the wrong person as vice president.

Why? Traditionally, vice president is one year younger and will replace the president, while taking another vice president in process. She already expect he will defeat her next year
Old 2012-03-14, 10:48   Link #25927
Eratas123

How do Kanzhasi's interactions with him differ now that she's not one of his admirers?

Side note - How stupid is someone who refuses to do surgery that will save their life just because it would slow them down from doing something faster?
Old 2012-03-14, 10:54   Link #25928
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Equal sympathy, because both are overshadowed by their superior sister. This is what made Kanzashi notice him, especially that Ichika is a bit melancholic that time, and his relationship with Chifuyu is a little strained (what with Madoka being comatose and her life is tied to Silent Zephyr)

This blossomed further into a nakama-like bond, certainly not romantic but deeper than friendship. Similar to his dynamic with Dan and Charles.

Note - Too dumb to live.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:01   Link #25929
Eratas123

That's sweet I hope she gets her happy ending.

Dan and Charles? Details now!

Side note - Og good, that's what I was going for Maya calling Irish a shortsighted dumbass is a definite break the jerkass. His reasons are stupid for not getting the surgery.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:14   Link #25930
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

With Dan it's self explanatory, what with experiencing the same kind of days and sharing the same burden of sin. Fire forged friends to the core.

Okay, Charles is a bit hard, considering he was the resident mole. Conflict ball? Of course. But they will be able to go past this problem, thanks to Char's honesty and Ichika's forgiveness.

(Anyway, my plan for Charles is a little far-fetched, and maybe considered Karma Houdini. I wonder about fan's reception...)

Note - yay
Old 2012-03-14, 11:18   Link #25931
Eratas123

Is Ran still ignored even if Dan's become an ascended extra?

Side note - How odd would it be if someone who said they didn't care if they died said "I don't want to die"?
Old 2012-03-14, 11:21   Link #25932
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ran might get more spotlight in the spinoff.... as resident buttmonkey in place of Cecilia

Note - either hypocritical or actual development.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:26   Link #25933
Eratas123

You know, it kinda seems like you don't like her:3 on the other hand, you gave someone like Aikawa a bigger role

Side note - Like this:

Beggining: Who cares about the risk? It's not like I'll lose anything I care too much about.

Ending: ......I don't want to die. I'm...... scared.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:26   Link #25934
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Yay! Finally got idea.....

Wait... how do I explain it.... Power of Love?

Spoiler for story idea:

Simple yet I think I have an idea on how the story goes. The big bad is Expy of Illusive man, brain over brawl.

He is an anti-feminist who wanted to restore the natural order of the world (men is superior over women). But to do so, he need to break people's idea that women are better because they can pilot IS by making a guy defeating an IS.

Since he is not bad-ass military man (*cough*Shepard*cough*) who is brave enough to fight IS.... he "enlisted" other people(males)'s help by manipulating them to fighting IS for him.

Of course, it came with the fridge horror that there is a possibility that some male OC had played right into his hand without them realizing.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:31   Link #25935
Eratas123

What strange machines? Anyway, the OC sounds like a good asshole protagonist.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:35   Link #25936
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Nope, Aikawa's role is similar to canon. On the other hand...

These Two was flat out ascended extra, especially during Individual Tournament and Cannonball. Power of Friendship and Determination to the core.

yes, that would be an ironic, heartwarming scene.

@ Age
Holy shit.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:40   Link #25937
Eratas123

What happened to the other one? Hair below he neck, colored black. Anyway, Shizune's an ascended extra in FI The only sane man among all the girls:P Where did you get those pics anyway?

How narmy would it be if Tatenashi asked for his reason and he just pointed at her without looking at her?
Old 2012-03-14, 11:44   Link #25938
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sayuri? She was demoted to Extra. To be fair, she was never mentioned in novel at all. :3

The pic is cropped from swimsuit gallery... I mean the one scene in opening.

Depending on delivery, that sounds like something out of Shoujo manga. Narm charm?
Old 2012-03-14, 11:46   Link #25939
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
What strange machines? Anyway, the OC sounds like a good asshole protagonist.
Drones used in previous idea.

About the OC,
which one? The Pilot or the Big Bad? they are two different person. One(Pilot) is being played into the other's(big bad) hand, providing combat data necessarily so that the Big Bad can improve on the technology used by other "Fellow heroes who wanted to take down IS".

Edit:
Yes, the Big Bad provide funding and technology to those males attempting to take out IS
Old 2012-03-14, 11:58   Link #25940
Eratas123

Do you plan to put Yuri at all?

How about just kissing the person slightly? No frenching.

@ Treme - Both. It's been a while since I've seen a clueless pawn OC.

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest