AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 04:13   Link #26801
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's her emotional issue. She got fed up with her parents' divorce. Since she basically ran away from China and lives in ISA on her own, she's working hard to feed herself. In this version, her parents divorced due to financial issues. So she's absolutely set on the point that if a person wants to be happy, then they have to have money.

Here, she's not a representative cadet. She still pilots shenlong as its treated as an old model after China gets an unregistered core. The Shenlong ends up in ISA's storage and it just happened to synchronize best with Rin.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 04:17   Link #26802
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Nah....

Not really, just reminding people that killing IS pilot is not cool. It is just playing to the hands of people who don't like IS (which based on the information here: a lot).

I think I might be going for "Adapt or Die" theme

For Dragon Age: There is no such thing as innocent. It is either kill or be killed. You don't get the surrender option.
Old 2012-03-21, 04:24   Link #26803
Eratas123

@ Demi - Interesting

@ Treme - I still feel odd that you kill mooks and henchmen left and right, but when you face the leader suddenl you can go "Surrender or else!" Why didn't they do that with the mooks?

Everyone - How different would the girls act if they had younger (Child) siblings?
Old 2012-03-21, 04:42   Link #26804
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Preliminary design for Charlotte's IS.

The Rafael Revive 2nd shift entails the use of 4 assist units that help store and manage a huge amount of equalizers within them. Each unit has enough memory to hold 50 equalizers each and these equalizers are not limited to offensive weapons. The individual pods resemble egg like structures and have their own individual personalities manifested in their AI. They coordinate with Charlotte and each other to achieve [Simultaneous Swap] instead of Charlotte's [Rapid Change]

The Rafael itself gains a few new tools. Firs off is the back stabilizers and boosters are completely exchanged with a solid looking plate simply called the KITE. This KITE is actually a multi-functional platform. Storing up to 6 air-to-air homing missiles and 2 pods of scatter bombs. The plates also sport micro-thrusters that compensate for the weight they bring to the unit. Additionally, there are service arms that can be used to hold equalizers or to grab other IS or to serve other functions. The plating of the KITE isn't just for show as it can unfold to act as a shield or armor, it has a 360 degree angle of wrapping around the unit but over head and under are limited.

For the more mundane upgrades, the forearm shield and the gray scale are removed. Instead, both arms are equippd with twin fire-linked 12.5mm vulcans. Despite the connotations of their name, these can rip through most tanks clean in half on their own. A four thruster array similar to the first shift make up the unit's main source of flight speed.

For a second shift, it ranks quite low in speed compared to the others, however it has the greatest maneuverability of them all. The KITE's multi-directional unfolding structure allows for the microthrusters to act as steering thrusters. this gives the Rafael the ability to maintain supersonic speeds of mach 3.8 with tops speeds reaching 4.6 to 4.7
Old 2012-03-21, 05:09   Link #26805
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Because everything else is just as over the top,m I can't even compare and comment properly.

@ Eras
I'm not sure, it's really depending on the younger sibling themselves.
Old 2012-03-21, 05:11   Link #26806
demino_hellsin
That one guy

err... how over the top are we talking about?

the speed is the one I'm watching the most though.
Old 2012-03-21, 05:15   Link #26807
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

We're like comparing Warhammer 40K and Starcraft here.
Old 2012-03-21, 05:17   Link #26808
Eratas123

Mini versions of them or polar opposites. I'm wondering how grwoing up and having to be a role model can change them. Papakiki and Usagi drops show this.
Old 2012-03-21, 05:19   Link #26809
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not good with fiction families, the last time I did it in sacred twins it turns into misunderstanding, resentment and incest.

However it's really depending on your interpretation, opposite doesn't always meant clashing, but when it does....
Old 2012-03-21, 05:23   Link #26810
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The scatter bombs were more of an afterthought. The missiles were added midway, there was actually supposed to be gatling guns that swung over the shoulders but that was overdone. The arm vulcans were placed there so she could have a weapon that was not dependent on the equalizer system.

The KITE is supposed to be a sort of literal platform. Like a subflighter unit you can't take off. However, it does swivel all over the place and should have a great degree of freedom. The real purpose of this unit, again is to facilitate repairs. The thick armor plating just adds to protection while performing repairs.

I could lessen the equalizers of the egg units to about 20 each? with the IS itself holding 30?
Old 2012-03-21, 05:25   Link #26811
Eratas123

Okay, lets narrow it down: Would Ichika be more mature if he had a younger sibling?
Old 2012-03-21, 05:28   Link #26812
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Again, you hold the final decision. Basically, it's always end to how to put it in practice. Spec sheet sometimes can be underrated or overrated (*cough*Gospel & Akatsubaki*Cough*)

@ Eras
Assuming he has a kind-hearted, soft-tempered younger sibling? sure.
Old 2012-03-21, 05:32   Link #26813
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I know but the design is still something I don't feel settled on. I'll try to revamp it a few times and see what I come up with.

Right now, the one off ability is still on gamebreaker level, but at the same time not quite so
Old 2012-03-21, 05:35   Link #26814
Eratas123

What unique subjects does ISA teach?
Old 2012-03-21, 05:36   Link #26815
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe basic I.S. engineering and piloting at the first year.
Old 2012-03-21, 05:45   Link #26816
Eratas123

Do you think any college courses deal with IS related stuff?
Old 2012-03-21, 06:00   Link #26817
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@anyone who bother with the wall o' text: When you first saw my preliminary designs for Rafael Revive's 2nd shift. What were your thoughts? What did it make you think of?
Old 2012-03-21, 06:02   Link #26818
Eratas123

Shouldn't it be impossible for it to shift since it's lower than 3rd gen?
Old 2012-03-21, 06:07   Link #26819
demino_hellsin
That one guy

all IS should have the capacity to shift. I don't think its limited by generation.
Old 2012-03-21, 06:31   Link #26820
Eratas123

Let me check the wiki:

2nd Shift - An upgrade from the 1st Shift. This is apparently a rare case for an IS to go into a second form, as there are not many cases of IS unit evolving to 2nd Shift. In 2nd Shift, the IS undergoes a dramatic transformation, altering its appearance and gaining new abilitles, in particular, the One Off Ability, which is unique only to that particular unit. So far in the series, the Byakushiki and the Silver Gospel are the only 2 known IS to achieve this form.

Even if she did evolve, it's probably a one in a thousand chance for her.

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest