AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-13, 18:27   Link #2821
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
^PIC? Is that Laura's shield?
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:34   Link #2822
falcolobo
The Third Runner
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In my house
PIC = Passive Inertia Controling system. It destroys the laws of physics and allows the IS to do what it can do: like fly, no recoil, absorb impact, etc.

Laura's shield, isn't a shieild. Its a field. Its called the AIC. AIC = Active Intertia Canceller. By channeling the PIC and modifying it, a field can be generated that cancels any movement aimed at a moving body.
__________________
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:39   Link #2823
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
PIC = Passive Inertia Controling system. It destroys the laws of physics and allows the IS to do what it can do: like fly, no recoil, absorb impact, etc.

Laura's shield, isn't a shieild. Its a field. Its called the AIC. AIC = Active Intertia Canceller. By channeling the PIC and modifying it, a field can be generated that cancels any movement aimed at a moving body.
I always assumed that since they're meant to be space suits they would be equipped to fly. The recoil reduction can be explained by their shield/energy field absorbing the impact. All in all Infinite Stratos runs on magic science like To aru Majutsu no Index.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:48   Link #2824
falcolobo
The Third Runner
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I always assumed that since they're meant to be space suits they would be equipped to fly. The recoil reduction can be explained by their shield/energy field absorbing the impact. All in all Infinite Stratos runs on magic science like To aru Majutsu no Index.
Index was all about Shrodinger's theory, but how it works in reality (espers replace the current reality with their own- so they choose whether the cat is dead or alive).

So I can see how that works...but when I try to think about IS in terms of physics it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!! If it can control gravity, then why do its weapons still have weight to them? The impact should be only as heavy as the object is, and mass wise that's not a lot.

And how can it convert from mass to energy and back when it uses an equalizer then puts it away? IT SHOULD CREATE AN ATOMIC EXPLOSION EVERYTIME IT DOES!!!!

I'M RIPPING MY HAIR OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!

I'm thinking of just accepting it right now and ignoring all the faults....
__________________
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:50   Link #2825
DarkJak2050
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I'm wondering if Laura's AIC's only mounted on the right arm of her IS.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:52   Link #2826
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
Index was all about Shrodinger's theory, but how it works in reality (espers replace the current reality with their own- so they choose whether the cat is dead or alive).

So I can see how that works...but when I try to think about IS in terms of physics it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!! If it can control gravity, then why do its weapons still have weight to them? The impact should be only as heavy as the object is, and mass wise that's not a lot.

And how can it convert from mass to energy and back when it uses an equalizer then puts it away? IT SHOULD CREATE AN ATOMIC EXPLOSION EVERYTIME IT DOES!!!!

I'M RIPPING MY HAIR OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!

I'm thinking of just accepting it right now and ignoring all the faults....
Infinite Stratos is and probably always will be a harem series first and anything with a plot after, if it doesn't make sense then just chalk it up to idiot logic.

Hell, my character is using a suit that increases attributes at the cost of his body and a knife that jams machinery. Both make no sense but compared to everything else it's pretty easy to swallow.

If something doesn't make sense then just follow the motto all of us here use: "Tabane did it."
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:53   Link #2827
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
Index was all about Shrodinger's theory, but how it works in reality (espers replace the current reality with their own- so they choose whether the cat is dead or alive).

So I can see how that works...but when I try to think about IS in terms of physics it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!! If it can control gravity, then why do its weapons still have weight to them? The impact should be only as heavy as the object is, and mass wise that's not a lot.

And how can it convert from mass to energy and back when it uses an equalizer then puts it away? IT SHOULD CREATE AN ATOMIC EXPLOSION EVERYTIME IT DOES!!!!

I'M RIPPING MY HAIR OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!

I'm thinking of just accepting it right now and ignoring all the faults....
The only answer I can say is that it's anime/light novel, I doubt the author would put much effort in obeying physics law unless it's plot-important.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:59   Link #2828
falcolobo
The Third Runner
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I'm wondering if Laura's AIC's only mounted on the right arm of her IS.
I'm suspecting that it is for it seems that intense control is needed to operate the AIC, as well as the fact that it seems to have draw backs. Laura never used the AIC while flying nor attacking and using it simultaneouly, I'm thinking that this is because the PIC control is lessened in some areas, the control instead going through another channel to operate the AIC.

Just my theory....
__________________
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:03   Link #2829
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
I'm suspecting that it is for it seems that intense control is needed to operate the AIC, as well as the fact that it seems to have draw backs. Laura never used the AIC while flying nor attacking and using it simultaneouly, I'm thinking that this is because the PIC control is lessened in some areas, the control instead going through another channel to operate the AIC.

Just my theory....
It's mentioned that she needs concentration in order to use it so she has to be standing completely still in order for it to work. If she can concentrate when she's flying or being shot at then she can use it anytime she wants to. That would be gamebreaking though.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:10   Link #2830
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
*PUTTING A NERD GLASSES*

The vis insita, or innate force of matter, is a power of resisting by which every body, as much as in it lies, endeavours to preserve its present state, whether it be of rest or of moving uniformly forward in a straight line.
-Isaac Newton

Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion or rest, or the tendency of an object to resist any change in its motion. It is proportional to an object's mass.

PIC: Passive Inertia canceller works by diminishing the inertia, the resistance force of kinetic energy (such as from acceleration, recoil, and impact) of anything that has mass, ANYTHING. If there's kinetic force, there's inertia countering it from the mass. PIC was controlled directly by I.S. core, allowing it to protect the user while at the same time maximize I.S. function.

PIC is not perfect, hence sheer kinetic force works just well against I.S. Armor, and the pilot still can be influenced by extremely high-G condition.

AIC: Developed from PIC, Unlike PIC, AIC can be controlled at whim by the user (Via Image Interface System), there's no difference except that AIC can influence specific direction the user wished.

AIC has some downsides, AIC only block something in the front of the field emitter because the field has limited coverage to maximize it's inertia-canceling efficiency.

Spoiler for Light Particle:


Bear in mind, each and Every Image Interface weapon requires high concentration to use, AIC included.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:17   Link #2831
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@Zero- Uh...yeah. That makes PERFECT sense, I'm not confused at all! *Looks up what Zero posted on the internet, still doesn't undertsand*

Side note- Can you tell me how Madoka would stop "Ichika-nii" from running? Need to work out his scenario.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:18   Link #2832
falcolobo
The Third Runner
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
*PUTTING A NERD GLASSES*

The vis insita, or innate force of matter, is a power of resisting by which every body, as much as in it lies, endeavours to preserve its present state, whether it be of rest or of moving uniformly forward in a straight line.
-Isaac Newton

Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion or rest, or the tendency of an object to resist any change in its motion. It is proportional to an object's mass.

PIC: Passive Inertia canceller works by diminishing the inertia, the resistance force of kinetic energy (such as from acceleration, recoil, and impact) of anything that has mass, ANYTHING. If there's kinetic force, there's inertia countering it from the mass. PIC was controlled directly by I.S. core, allowing it to protect the user while at the same time maximize I.S. function.

PIC is not perfect, hence sheer kinetic force works just well against I.S. Armor, and the pilot still can be influenced by extremely high-G condition.

AIC: Developed from PIC, Unlike PIC, AIC can be controlled at whim by the user (Via Image Interface System), there's no difference except that AIC can influence specific direction the user wished.

AIC has some downsides, AIC only block something in the front of the field emitter because the field has limited coverage to maximize it's inertia-canceling efficiency.

Spoiler for Light Particle:


Bear in mind, each and Every Image Interface weapon requires high concentration to use, AIC included.
You've saved me, finally some reference material that I completely understand and makes sense...except for HOW they affect inertia (Newton is probably rolling in his grave right now).

Oh and at the quantum level, light is both a particle and a wave....if you DON'T look at it a the quantum level it acts like a wave, but if you do look at it at the quantum level it instead acts like a particle. Look here.

Quote:
It's mentioned that she needs concentration in order to use it so she has to be standing completely still in order for it to work. If she can concentrate when she's flying or being shot at then she can use it anytime she wants to. That would be gamebreaking though.
I don't think its just concentration, when using the AIC, I suspect that the PIC is compromised in potency, thus limited mobility and flight wouldn't work...

Probably...
__________________
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:24   Link #2833
kazuma via america
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York
Age: 19
hm any ideas of what country the evil character i am making should be from?
__________________
Love has three shades dark red, red and pink. each representing how you heart is. loving, hurting or missing something. which are you?
kazuma via america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:24   Link #2834
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
You've saved me, finally some reference material that I completely understand and makes sense...except for HOW they affect inertia (Newton is probably rolling in his grave right now).

Oh and at the quantum level, light is both a particle and a wave....if you DON'T look at it a the quantum level it acts like a wave, but if you do look at it at the quantum level it instead acts like a particle. Look here.
hence I said light particle has no mass, because at the same time, IT'S A WAVE! And wave has no inertia, because energy can't be created or diminished, only conveted

Yes, you still have to pull a suspension of disbelief to believe my theory, I have the same question with you ever since Char mentioned "Anti Inertia Canceller" and try to think the reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
I don't think its just concentration, when using the AIC, I suspect that the PIC is compromised in potency, thus limited mobility and flight wouldn't work...

Probably...
Probably, but maybe I.S. core still had some work in it (IS core works both as power source and onboard computer after all).

As I said, every Image Interface Weapon requires the user to stand still (probably to preserve both user and CPU workload), like Cecilia's Blue Tears and Rin's Dragon Cannon.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:27   Link #2835
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuma via america View Post
hm any ideas of what country the evil character i am making should be from?
Britain or Ireland maybe. Russia, America, and China are already overused bad guy nationalities.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:28   Link #2836
falcolobo
The Third Runner
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
hence I said light particle has no mass, because at the same time, IT'S A WAVE! And wave has no inertia, because energy can't be created or diminished, only conveted

Yes, you still have to pull a suspension of disbelief to believe my theory, I have the same question with you ever since Char mentioned "Anti Inertia Canceller" and try to think the reasoning.



Probably, but maybe I.S. core still had some work in it (IS core works both as power source and onboard computer after all).

As I said, every Image Interface Weapon requires the user to stand still (probably to preserve both user and CPU workload), like Cecilia's Blue Tears and Rin's Dragon Cannon.
The IS core is the world's greatest Action Replay.
__________________
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:31   Link #2837
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
The IS core is the world's greatest Action Replay.
Indeed, it breaks the law of physic, part of Tabane's plan to destroy universe...
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:31   Link #2838
kazuma via america
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Britain or Ireland maybe. Russia, America, and China are already overused bad guy nationalities.
T_T b-b-but akabane is from america originally...he isn't evil. hm what about an IS pilot from Mongolia?
__________________
Love has three shades dark red, red and pink. each representing how you heart is. loving, hurting or missing something. which are you?
kazuma via america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:33   Link #2839
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuma via america View Post
hm any ideas of what country the evil character i am making should be from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuma via america View Post
T_T b-b-but akabane is from america originally...he isn't evil. hm what about an IS pilot from Mongolia?

How about Korea? Italy? Maybe African? It couldn't be Indonesia, because all we have is raw resources and no ability to process it... oh wait...XD

Currently I have a Spanish as villain OC
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:34   Link #2840
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuma via america View Post
T_T b-b-but akabane is from america originally...he isn't evil. hm what about an IS pilot from Mongolia?
That's new! Mongolia hasn't been used since the Mulan movies so at the very least he'll be unique. I'm not saying Kazuma's evil, I'm just saying that most bad guys tend to be American, Russian, or Chinese. I avoid this problem by making Irish's nationality unknown and undeterminable.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.