AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 12:06   Link #31521
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes you are, but so am I.

In fact, I already mention him as early as chapter 7, and fully introduce him in chapter 11. No flak at all, probably because it's so subtle it's almost goes unnoticed

EDIT: that he's not a game changer currently may help, but likely will be after V3 arc
Old 2012-05-27, 12:14   Link #31522
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well IS won't be her line of expertise... though she's only the same age as Ichika and co. Her role would be designing 4 IS frames whose blue prints were stolen by a terrorist organization.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 13:03   Link #31523
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

I think I am going a little beyond Tabane's level for the Creator of Dream Catcher....

Justified as being much older than Tabane..... and actually has Neuron-science in his resume other than engineering.

Edit: And most of his creation is co-invented with somebody else....

And his role is rather major in my story.... (but has little to do with the rest of the world . The Production Company like to keep it that way...)
Old 2012-05-27, 19:31   Link #31524
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Child genius eh? I refrain from that concept originally, but use it for the less cynical and less realistic TLR Stratos anyway. Mikan is somewhat aspiring I.S. technician

That's why I made this scientist in ST Tabane's research partner and around the same age.

Anything he can do, Tabane can do it better. However, Tabane's mistake she's not interested to fix, he will try to fix it.

Either way, he is the only one close to Tabane's level in pulling something out of their pseudoscientific's asses. Such as basketball-sized Aneutronic Protium fusion reactor (instead of D-D or D-T) or male compatible Sub-core system as well as I.S. Virtual Reality simulator (ISVR).
Old 2012-05-27, 20:27   Link #31525
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well the scientist would actually be on the level if not higher than Tabane... explained mostly because she's a successful modified clone. She was supposed to be presented by her "mother" as a perfected clone, too bad this was the same time IS were announced...

The scientist looks up to Tabane though.
Old 2012-05-28, 04:15   Link #31526
greedyspectator

Demi:
Sorry, wrong calculations. Here are the correct ones.
RT = Tan((5e-9 * Sqrt[BT]) * Sqrt[80/Bn]) * 3000
RT = Tan((5e-9 * Sqrt(900) * Sqrt(80/20)) * 3000
RT = Tan((5e-9 * 30) * 20) * 3000
RT = Tan((0.000627059 * 30) * 20) * 3000
RT = Tan (0.018511471 radians) * 3000
RT = 0.001015005 * 3000
RT = 3.045015973
RT= 3m
Note: I used natural e in the scientific calculator, specifically CASIO model version fx-350ES.
That's a lot of divergence... 3 meters of divergence radius compared to 2.1m radius of my post using the first formula. The surface area of divergence is approximately 28.3m. And this is in space, not including even more blooming because of the air in the atmosphere and ambient temperature of the air.
Old 2012-05-28, 04:40   Link #31527
demino_hellsin
That one guy

80/20 = 4

sqrt 4 = 2 != 20

???
Old 2012-05-28, 04:50   Link #31528
greedyspectator

Demi:
Aaah. Damn. Didn't see that. It's supposed to be 2. Here's the correction.
RT = Tan((5e-9 * Sqrt[BT]) * Sqrt[80/Bn]) * 3000
RT = Tan((5e-9 * Sqrt(900) * Sqrt(80/20)) * 3000
RT = Tan((5e-9 * 30) * 2) * 3000
RT = Tan((0.000627059 * 30) * 2) * 3000
RT = Tan (0.018511471 * 2 radians) * 3000 <- Yeah, I missed multiplying this one by the atomic variable too... damn I'm getting sloppy in math.
RT = Tan (0.37 Radians) * 3000
RT = 0.02029 * 3000
RT = 60.87
Old 2012-05-28, 04:55   Link #31529
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I personally used "e" as scientific notation though so maybe that's why my diffusion is so much smaller. Though I have reason to believe that "e" from this case is used as scientific notation.
Old 2012-05-28, 05:15   Link #31530
greedyspectator

Demi: Isn't the scientific notation for *10^x a capital E, not e? The bomb-pumped laser page above the particle one uses capital E for *10^x.

Anyway, I'm just going to quote the scientist himself:
Quote:
No, you still need to get down to a millimeter or so to flash-boil water in a layer ~one optical depth in thickness. Once you do that, the steam will expand and spread the damage around, but if you don't hit the threshold for turning water into steam all you do is warm up the target.

And the mirror needs to adjust for target range - adaptive optics (flexible mirror with microactuators)coupled to a laser range finder seems to be the way to go here - you've already got the pulsed laser part of the rangefinder.

Pulsed, high-current electron beams tend to be self-focusing in air, which simplifies things if you take that route. For ranges much over a hundred meters you have to start worrying about energy loss, which can probably be dealt with. For handguns, it isn't a problem. -Dr. Schilling -
From: http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/sid...-Particle_Beam
Old 2012-05-28, 05:33   Link #31531
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think the "e" constant is specified in use because as far as I know, it's only used in specified equations. generally in chemistry and other sciences, "e" or "E" denotes 10^x.

I think you quoted optical lasers.
Old 2012-05-28, 05:50   Link #31532
greedyspectator

@Demi:
No, it was particle accelerators. High-current electron beams refer to negatively charged particle beams. Photons do not have charge or current. The laser part is used to find range to fine tune the particle accelerator.
Old 2012-05-28, 06:02   Link #31533
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Greedy, can you give me a simplified formula of laser blooming? Also, what is Binary laser? I hear it's like 'crossing the stream' or something using a focusing lens but I'm not sure.
Old 2012-05-28, 06:07   Link #31534
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the biggest problem, methinks is air and magnetic field dispersion of beams. Using some really messed up mumbo jumbo, why not make a hybrid neutron, electron beam?
Old 2012-05-28, 06:12   Link #31535
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

People in FF.net forum propose about proton blanket surrounding positron blast to increase range of Positron Cannon technology in Gundam SEED/Destiny. Since both are positively charged, naturally the lighter positron are kept in and it was proton who experience blooming first.
Old 2012-05-28, 06:16   Link #31536
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That does make sense :-?
Old 2012-05-28, 06:28   Link #31537
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, it's more of an excuse technobabble than anything, the actual formula does not makes sense in the slightest, but's it's better than "I spray positron inside atmosphere and hoping it does not explode in front of my ship"
Old 2012-05-28, 06:29   Link #31538
greedyspectator

@Zero:
For your laser diffraction formula (in a vacuum with no air):

RT = 0.61 * D * L / RL

where:

RT = beam radius at target (m)
D = distance from laser emitter to target (m)
L = wavelength of laser beam (m, see table below)
RL = radius of laser lens or reflector (m)

With air, blooming tends to be more complicated than that, since lasers tend to heat up the air and lose their energy while doing so, unless you 'pulse' the laser between microseconds (for example, a 1000 joule Laser shot pulsed at 5 pulses (200 joules per pulse) with 4 microsecond intervals) to prevent blooming.
Old 2012-05-28, 06:42   Link #31539
greedyspectator

@Zero:
A binary laser in real life is basically a component for a quantum computer.
Source: http://jcp.aip.org/resource/1/jcpsa6...sAuthorized=no

In Battletech, it's basically two lasers side-by-side firing at once. This will have a lot of real life physics problems, such as the lasers overlapping each other and worsening the bloom on the intended target. But I admit, it's kinda cool. Impractical, since a single laser with twice the power and more pulsing would probably do better, but cool.
Old 2012-05-28, 06:49   Link #31540
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Greedy
Thanks, I knew about pulsing as compensation

Its just that Barricade from Spacebattles.com said that if done right, binary laser precisely made to overlap will have increase in power, though I'm not sure about the science whether it's amplification or resonance or whatever (BTW he was talking about continuous laser in BT, so I'm not sure it will apply for pulsed laser)

On what condition laser will be visible in the air?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest