AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 07:56   Link #33521
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Charlotte's technically AWOL and refusing to go back to France right? But they still send her "gear" =))
I was under the impression that her gender revelation in the Academy wasn't made known to Dunois Corp so they don't bother to recall her.

Due to that, Dunois Corp figured they need another test pilot who has seen more combat. And with Charlotte un-recallable (Rep and Academy student), they thought it'll be okay to bring back the previous test pilot... the one they pushed around and abused during her previous time with the company.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:00   Link #33522
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Charlotte's technically AWOL and refusing to go back to France right? But they still send her "gear" =))
No, Charlotte didn't AWOL from France, she AWOL from the company....

The Country deliberately push the responsibility to Dunois.... they have no part in concealing Charlotte real gender. They accept her because they acknowledge her skill in IS pilot.... The last part is probably a lie but go with it.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:23   Link #33523
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: Tabane could be bored. Hahaha

About the Charlotte issue: Yeah... as far as I know Dunois can't get ahold of her but she can still demand her privileges of them. French government gives her the status of rep candidacy so Dunois can do nothing but comply. It would make sense for them to recall Iris... though I don't think they'd have reason for abusing her... unless some seriously messed up background was given to her(stratos, I dunno how you made this character if you mean your OC Iris). Dunois only abused Charlotte due to being an "outside" child
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 08:29   Link #33524
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
@age: Tabane could be bored. Hahaha

About the Charlotte issue: Yeah... as far as I know Dunois can't get ahold of her but she can still demand her privileges of them. French government gives her the status of rep candidacy so Dunois can do nothing but comply. It would make sense for them to recall Iris... though I don't think they'd have reason for abusing her... unless some seriously messed up background was given to her(stratos, I dunno how you made this character if you mean your OC Iris). Dunois only abused Charlotte due to being an "outside" child
The justification is: "While we are still struggling with third gen, she is already working on 4th gen.... I think she is trying to get us to speed up our research...."
Old 2012-07-03, 08:35   Link #33525
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well in canon, I believe that she really was aiming for just improving IS. But people kept bugging her for more cores, something she couldn't teach people without them going crazy. So she hermitted herself and decided to improve IS on her own. Falling in line with Zero's theory on the issue.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:38   Link #33526
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
well in canon, I believe that she really was aiming for just improving IS. But people kept bugging her for more cores, something she couldn't teach people without them going crazy. So she hermitted herself and decided to improve IS on her own. Falling in line with Zero's theory on the issue.

"Well.... we did ask for more core from her... may be she is in a good mood?"
Old 2012-07-03, 08:40   Link #33527
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well again. Remember Akatsubaki is the culmination of her years of personal study... but she can't get any proper data on it. Spying on Houki's school matches/activities as well as sending golems can only do so much. Why not raise some hell? Like golems? Only worse and in a wider scale.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:41   Link #33528
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Not quite at that part of the story, but for feedback's sake, I'll post a bit of her history:

In the Athena verse, OC Iris was Dunois Corp's test pilot before Charlotte. She was abused in the sense that she gets blamed for "not being able to bring out the machine's potential" whereas the fact is the machine itself did not have much of it to begin with. (Tying in with canon-verse about Dunois not being able to produce viable results)

Said machine (which at this point, I presume it to be the Raphael Revive Custom I) is just like any other Raphael Revive Basic only with extra boosters, less armor and experimental 3rd gen interface for high-speed attack calculations. Though the unit did not work out as the company hoped.

So Charlotte came by and since she sports higher IS Aptitude than Iris (at that point), Iris was sent off without as much as a thanks despite her effort in test piloting experimental units and her Custom I was scrapped and rebuilt into Charlotte's Custom II.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:41   Link #33529
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

More like "You always ask for moar cores, here it is, stop bugging me while I do some lethal experiment for teh lulz"

@ Stratos
Try "Made a black sheep" rather than "Abused", people will misunderstood. It's common IRL and what not, and will be interesting seeing their ploys trying to sway her again after such betrayal.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:48   Link #33530
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For some reason... the way rafael is mentioned reminds me of tallgeese... OMFG rafael III with a cannon strong enough to obliterate an island D:

Though Iris doesn't sound like she was abused. Just turned into a scapegoat. I doubt anyone wants to take the blame for something as big as the pride of their nation.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:51   Link #33531
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Would it be against the treaty if Dunois decide to sent IS pilots in an attempt to forcefully retrieve Iris if she refuses to return to Dunois Corp?
Old 2012-07-03, 08:53   Link #33532
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so long as they don't use IS in the endeavor then there is nothing being violated... or no one... hmhmhm...
Old 2012-07-03, 08:54   Link #33533
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Dunois is digging their grave for sure that way. They are violating human rights.

Someone, somewhere will use that against them. Assuming you have same mood as Canon, it's like Cold War again, only with corporations involved.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:55   Link #33534
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

And if the pilots do resort to using ISes?

Human rights is one thing, what of the Academy's side? Given that this forceful retrieval takes place in somewhere remote and no one knows it's happening.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:56   Link #33535
demino_hellsin
That one guy

everything goes to hell.

Armored Core anyone? lol
Old 2012-07-03, 08:58   Link #33536
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Local Pilots will pour hell down on those I.S. pilots, France will do it to Dunois, and then many countries do it on France. (feel free to swap 2 and 3)

Remember the Alaska Treaty: I.S. deployment as defensive measure against attack conducted by other I.S.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:59   Link #33537
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
More like "You always ask for moar cores, here it is, stop bugging me while I do some lethal experiment for teh lulz"

@ Stratos
Try "Made a black sheep" rather than "Abused", people will misunderstood. It's common IRL and what not, and will be interesting seeing their ploys trying to sway her again after such betrayal.
Lol good one....
Old 2012-07-03, 09:07   Link #33538
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Sounds rather hassling if any Academy personnel takes the deterring role. Though I already have someone in mind for that role.

Which leads us to the next question: Given Dunois' technological standing, would they be desperate enough to resort to such measures just to retrieve one person who has seen more genuine combat(IS and non-IS alike) than Charlotte?
Old 2012-07-03, 09:09   Link #33539
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Sounds rather hassling if any Academy personnel takes the deterring role. Though I already have someone in mind for that role.

Which leads us to the next question: Given Dunois' technological standing, would they be desperate enough to resort to such measures just to retrieve one person who has seen more genuine combat(IS and non-IS alike) than Charlotte?
They have no right to do that.

France =/= Dunois....

Do you think they are willing to trust the company's suggestion again?
Old 2012-07-03, 09:13   Link #33540
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

France steadily losing faith on Dunois and is watching their moves seriously. One wrong step by the corporation and their business is ruined for real.

Mind you this is Canon. ST has it worse and basically summed up as "Dunois is beyond Salvation"

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest