AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-05, 11:11   Link #42741
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I just want a plot where I empathize with the character, not just sympathize. It's like he keeps throwing us their history which we're expected to feel sorry for them but beyond that we don't feel sad with them, we don't feel happy with them. This should be standard definition of cardboard cutout.

Hopefully volume 8 is a bridge to better things. But as it stands it feels bleak.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:12   Link #42742
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Funny thing, the sign of OT3 can be seen as far as chapter 5, then I wonder: "WTF I am thinking?" There's also more hints in chapter 11 and 12, that yes, Madoka and Houki are closer than expected.

Just wait till V3 arc, then I'll go out full force.
__________________
My OTP is fucked up as expected
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:38   Link #42743
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post


Joke aside, yeah... BTW I want to shot down the harem as soon as possible, preferably before V4 arc.
I would shoot down the harem soon. (because imouto route is the best and ONLY route)

Just give me the go, and watch as the disciple of Urobuchi makes his work... > : )

My opinion, targets in order to shoot down:

1. Cecilia, exactly what is the DEFINITION of a man in her books? very shallow reason (and the first to fall.... > )
2. Rin (her dependance can be worked with Houki, but seeing as how they have the osana najimi competition, this is going to be hard. Don't forget about Rin's past about understanding Ichika's darkness, but we can have Ichika rejecting her coldly saying that Rin doesn't comprehend the darkness that he has)
3. Houki, um...puts her at odds with Madoka, seeing that they are becoming close, but still...friendships are so fun to tear up when it comes to feelings (see Sayaka vs Hitomi in Madoka)
4. Charles and laura is out, so that's fine. But, we should REALLY get back to the Academy.
5. Tatenashi and Kanzashi, well they don't really have a reason to fall for Ichika YET, but if u want, we can sidestep the Sarashiki's romance completely.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:41   Link #42744
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
There is someone I want to protect. But that person wants to protect me as well. I tried many things. I learned how to fight, I offered to work and support our home. I studied the best I could to make her proud. I took care of the house so she always knew she had a home. Why is it that my sister is so stubborn when it comes to my help?

maybe because you're not strong enough

Maybe.

don't you remember what happened just two years ago?

I...

you were kidnapped weren't you?

They were armed professionals.

but where did all that bravado go? Where did your martial arts training come in?

That situation couldn't be helped.

yes, just like your sister's rampage couldn't be helped after being told of your abduction. It couldn't be helped that she lost her place in the sun and submitted herself to breaking the laws monitered by international court. It couldn't be helped could it? Wanting to protect her helpless little brother

SHUT UP!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:44   Link #42745
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
There is someone I want to protect. But that person wants to protect me as well. I tried many things. I learned how to fight, I offered to work and support our home. I studied the best I could to make her proud. I took care of the house so she always knew she had a home. Why is it that my sister is so stubborn when it comes to my help?

maybe because you're not strong enough

Maybe.

don't you remember what happened just two years ago?

I...

you were kidnapped weren't you?

They were armed professionals.

but where did all that bravado go? Where did your martial arts training come in?

That situation couldn't be helped.

yes, just like your sister's rampage couldn't be helped after being told of your abduction. It couldn't be helped that she lost her place in the sun and submitted herself to breaking the laws monitered by international court. It couldn't be helped could it? Wanting to protect her helpless little brother

SHUT UP!
Wouldn't be surprised if this was the inner dilemma that ichika faced before activating IS.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:47   Link #42746
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I suppose I'm currently in sadist mode. I want to see the most heartwrenching piece that makes character beautiful. And I want to shatter it into a thousand pieces then watch them pick the fragments up one by one.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:52   Link #42747
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
?

Box, can you translate this please?

That aside, welcome to the forum.
__________________
My OTP is fucked up as expected
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 12:02   Link #42748
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
"Houki..."

"Ichika."

"I can't."

"What? Why?"

"Not yet, not now."

There was still so much he had to do. There were too many hearts that would break. Ichika didn't know what they saw in him, he had no idea how all these women became so fixated with him. But he understood that he didn't want to hurt anybody. Not yet, not now. Not when he didn't have a reason. The status quo had to stand. He only prayed Houki understood why he couldn't kiss her. He liked her, for sure. But he wasn't willing to destroy everything for it just yet. He didn't know if he wanted all that. No matter what end there would be heartbreak, he just wanted to make sure he chose the end he truly wanted.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 12:33   Link #42749
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I would shoot down the harem soon. (because imouto route is the best and ONLY route)

Just give me the go, and watch as the disciple of Urobuchi makes his work... > : )

My opinion, targets in order to shoot down:

1. Cecilia, exactly what is the DEFINITION of a man in her books? very shallow reason (and the first to fall.... > )
2. Rin (her dependance can be worked with Houki, but seeing as how they have the osana najimi competition, this is going to be hard. Don't forget about Rin's past about understanding Ichika's darkness, but we can have Ichika rejecting her coldly saying that Rin doesn't comprehend the darkness that he has)
3. Houki, um...puts her at odds with Madoka, seeing that they are becoming close, but still...friendships are so fun to tear up when it comes to feelings (see Sayaka vs Hitomi in Madoka)
4. Charles and laura is out, so that's fine. But, we should REALLY get back to the Academy.
5. Tatenashi and Kanzashi, well they don't really have a reason to fall for Ichika YET, but if u want, we can sidestep the Sarashiki's romance completely.


I want the harem to end with a good note :/. Lingyin rejected despite being serious, Cecilia OTOH knew she will be rejected and simply want to confess. Houki... well, dunno, I can always scrap the ending (but then my stellar plan of baiting the yuri fanboy will crumble apart ). Point 4 and 5 is the only one we share it seems

The academy... chapter 14 cover it, all too well. Between Laura vs Team Rocket Louise's gang, Lingyin took up the mantle from Ichika, revelation about Yoshi, and mundane shoujo conversation (?) of Madoka and the side characters.

Yeah, trainwreck of a plot, I expect lots of correction. hell, probably the entire chapter need to be scrapped again. Just don't forget the balance
__________________
My OTP is fucked up as expected

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-05-05 at 12:48.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 13:06   Link #42750
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post


I want the harem to end with a good note :/. Lingyin rejected despite being serious, Cecilia OTOH knew she will be rejected and simply want to confess. Houki... well, dunno, I can always scrap the ending (but then my stellar plan of baiting the yuri fanboy will crumble apart ). Point 4 and 5 is the only one we share it seems

The academy... chapter 14 cover it, all too well. Between Laura vs Team Rocket Louise's gang, Lingyin took up the mantle from Ichika, revelation about Yoshi, and mundane shoujo conversation (?) of Madoka and the side characters.

Yeah, trainwreck of a plot, I expect lots of correction. hell, probably the entire chapter need to be scrapped again. Just don't forget the balance
Too dark for Sacred Twins? xD
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 19:50   Link #42751
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Erm... Combo Breaker?

Quote:
*FOOM—*

Tsurugi dashes across the arena in the Uchigane, using the IS’ PIC systems to keep the IS afloat and speeding head-on towards a group of stationary targets.

“Let’s do this…!”

The first target approaches, she swings the katana down her right side and slices it apart. The momentum of the swing disturbs her balance but she manages to keep herself level, slashing apart a few more targets until the momentum of the swings began to throw off her balance.

“Wh-WHOA!”

She spins out of control, her left arm hitting against a target starting a chain reaction of her colliding against the rest.

*KA-KA-KA-KA-PRAA*

“GYAA—! ERK—!”

*CRASH*

She falls to the ground hard in her training IS, kicking up a repulsing cloud of dust around her.

“…Oww.”

“This… is a serious problem.” Kirin remarks, landing next to her classmate with the Falken and picks her back up. “PIC is one of the vital systems in an IS. Looks like I’ll need to train you.” she adds on while Tsurugi brushes her hands across parts of her dust-covered Uchigane.

That vital?”

“Yes. It’s that vital. It’s a norm when it comes to movement with an IS. Any lesser and it’s nothing more than walking in a suit of armor.”
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 19:50   Link #42752
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
@ Stratos
Sweet, that's funny.

But remember, PIC only manually adjusted adjusted occasionally. it is Passive Inertia Canceller after all (as in, the pilot is mostly passive, the computer handle the auto adjustment)

@ Blitz
Nah, it isn't. Your plan for the older cast is even worse

Just that what eras said, badass Ichika =/= jackass Ichika. The situation might be cruel with little exception (the Orimuras are as bleak as they are by this point), but as much as possible I wan to highlight HUMANITY FUCK YEAH aspect of everyone, rather than say, corrupt them to kingdom come.
__________________
My OTP is fucked up as expected
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 20:01   Link #42753
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
*head scratch* can we call someone a cyborg when they've merged with machines on a cellular scale?

As in they look and act like a normal human, but some parts of them work better than a human does. Despite what medical tests say that they are completely normal the functions are above and beyond.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 20:06   Link #42754
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
*head scratch* can we call someone a cyborg when they've merged with machines on a cellular scale?

As in they look and act like a normal human, but some parts of them work better than a human does. Despite what medical tests say that they are completely normal the functions are above and beyond.
We called it non-carbon based lifeform.
__________________
My OTP is fucked up as expected
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 20:07   Link #42755
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
So the person becomes a non-carbon based life form?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 20:18   Link #42756
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Stratos
Sweet, that's funny.

But remember, PIC only manually adjusted adjusted occasionally. it is Passive Inertia Canceller after all (as in, the pilot is mostly passive, the computer handle the auto adjustment)
I'll keep that in mind. Thing is, Tsurugi isn't accustomed to floating/flying yet so her training in the ISA will help her for when she eventually gets the Minerva Kai.
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 20:18   Link #42757
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Well, the term 'machine' can mean anything, our cell we called biological machine.

All in all, a perfect merge between man and machine of such scale is no longer cyborg, because crank and pulley is no longer the base principle.

Nanomachines can be said to be a new lifeform. And as scientific and laboratory show, to a degree they are superior to our carbon based metabolism.

Carbon would still be the hybrid's element, just no longer essential except as medium.
__________________
My OTP is fucked up as expected
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 20:25   Link #42758
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Ugh... I think I'm contemplating going that path at some point in time with Ichika. If I ever do write anything about him being a pilot.

crossing it over with Gundam Unicorn in terms technology.

Ichika's extensive use of Setsuna which causes the IS to move his body like a puppet gives his second shift a new add-on. Basically it's like psychoframe. The core branches out and builds an internal frame. This frame generates energy and calculates just like the core itself. It merges with Ichika on a cellular level. It can generate weak I-fields which he can amplify. When using the Reiraku Byakuya, the frame overproduces power and generates heat as well as an I-field with equivalent power. The outter frame extends outwards to reveal the shining core frame underneath.

Hmmm core-frame system. This is actually similar to the Stigmata frame.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 20:27   Link #42759
DarkJak2050
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Sounds like you guys are in the middle of tinkering around with some tech...

What is it this time?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 20:28   Link #42760
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Crossing over technologies of two vastly different kinds of mecha series that share a voice actor?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.