AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-08-02, 08:52   Link #45021
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Another day, another post. Just download Vol.8, but too tired to read it. Maybe tommorow.
Anyway, guess that since Vol.8 is out, a number of writers would continue their works. There are many unfinished story with potentials.
Also, has anyone done a Nanoha/I.S fic before?
Nope, not even one in ff.net . But I saw a picture of it somewhere here in the previous page(What page is it? I dont know :P)
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 10:59   Link #45022
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I just realized frakkin amazing this thread is for keeping the IS section on the front page with little to no activity on the officials side. O.o

On another note, just realized the only other guy I would ever saddle Chifuyu up with is another goofball kamen rider. "Fighting Doctor" Date Akira.
=_=|||

Sadly this place is not exactly very productive. nothing much is done here..... just lots of discussion.

If you check our current record....not exactly brilliant with only a few people who are actually churning out stories.

Wish that I could be a little more productive...

Procrastinating less would help a lot.
Old 2013-08-02, 11:02   Link #45023
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I actually want to continue my project, but my tesis comes first.
Old 2013-08-02, 11:04   Link #45024
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Quote:
Teh ping's writing is easy to spot from Izuru's. teh ping's writing actually makes sense.
I might as well just continue the IS series myself. Now, if I can get Okiura to be my illustrator.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 20:16   Link #45025
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just another test.
Spoiler for "Infinite Potential":

Blame my Kamen Rider marathon.

Last edited by Fireminer; 2013-08-02 at 23:26.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 23:30   Link #45026
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
@meister: you mean Gotou? Isn't he a police officer now?
Not after the show, during.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 03:26   Link #45027
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Just another test.
Spoiler for "Infinite Potential":

Blame my Kamen Rider marathon.
Not bad. Although, it can use some fixing with the spelling and grammer.

Now, I think I'll have the rest of the "scene" I posted last night up, but later because I have some reading to do.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 05:31   Link #45028
demino_hellsin
That one guy

... I don't think Chifuyu is into endings or dolls XD

But that guy does have a sister complex...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 13:26   Link #45029
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Spoiler for Confession of ISA Janitor 1:

Spoiler for Confession of ISA Janitor 2:

I think I will make Nemo's Janitor job a separate story since it has nothing to do with the actual story (it took a while to get there).

Time-line wise... Nemo started his job after the first IS practice (The one where Maya took out Rin and Cecilia and Ichika learn how to fly IS for real). The above is his first day at work.

As for the actual story itself, the story begin after Sliver Gospel incident...... hopefully.

Reason why it was planned to take place after Sliver Gospel, is because the Hercules initiative take time to execute and coordinate.

=

Nemo himself was intended to be little different from most Male OCs. More loser than badass and awesome.

This way, regardless of which Male OC appear in the story..... that male OC is always the better man.

Unlike other male OCs which probably consist of 1% of the male population (take no crap from females), he is actually closer to average males (as described by Ichika) in IS-verse, willing to take verbal and physical abuse from females so long as it doesn't go overboard.

There is a reason for that, a very simple deconstruction of concept behind why males do not fight back.
Old 2013-08-03, 21:24   Link #45030
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Quote:
... I don't think Chifuyu is into endings or dolls XD

But that guy does have a sister complex...
- Not gonna work. It's going to end very badly for THE SUBARASHII DOCOTR MAAAKII!!!

...hey, maybe if Kogami---no, never mind. Forget I suggested it.
Old 2013-08-04, 08:40   Link #45031
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Can one consider endurance to be the IS weakness?
Old 2013-08-04, 09:17   Link #45032
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Can one consider endurance to be the IS weakness?
Maybe, when human's capability is far behind the machine. Exhausted, uncontrolable, death... All the above possibilities are possible.
Old 2013-08-04, 09:19   Link #45033
demino_hellsin
That one guy

by endurance I mean operational time of the machine itself. The pilot should not be a factor.
Old 2013-08-04, 09:31   Link #45034
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
by endurance I mean operational time of the machine itself. The pilot should not be a factor.
Ah, that... Well, we haven't figure the true nature of the Cores, so not much could say about it. But we all know that running an I.S is a costly process, especially with these 3rd-Generation. For example, Blue Tears needs energy for the rifle, the bits (energy, communication,...), the shield, the thrusters...
Old 2013-08-04, 09:36   Link #45035
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I personally believe that it is a weakness. Sure we've had conjectures that the core is a cold fusion reactor but would the system be enough to run all the systems full burn? I'd think not.
Old 2013-08-04, 09:58   Link #45036
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
I personally believe that it is a weakness. Sure we've had conjectures that the core is a cold fusion reactor but would the system be enough to run all the systems full burn? I'd think not.
Well, of course not a full burn, because the amount of armor protection from radiation should be heavy=a set back in I.S Dogfight. I am leaned more to Anti-matter. No matter what, I.S technology require interaction with dimension, and anti-matter is one of the way to reach it.
Old 2013-08-04, 10:06   Link #45037
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm, so you are referrring to energy weapon radiation then? They seem to have a stasis energy field. In relation with dimensions, that would be the most effective but no the only way for IS to function their stasis fields and equalizers. Atomic deconstruction and reconstruction is still a possibility and isolation of chemical fields with similar atomic reconfiguration can also be applied.
Old 2013-08-04, 10:20   Link #45038
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Hmm, so you are referrring to energy weapon radiation then? They seem to have a stasis energy field. In relation with dimensions, that would be the most effective but no the only way for IS to function their stasis fields and equalizers. Atomic deconstruction and reconstruction is still a possibility and isolation of chemical fields with similar atomic reconfiguration can also be applied.
And that lead to the matter of mass-production and custom I.S. We both know that Nuclear ores is expensive. The machines might use low or un-refined version, but seeing their energy consumption, I doubt that. And that leave us Hydrogen. More convincing this time. In fact, I see no objection to it beside the fact that users would have to bring quite a large amount of water (or hydro cell).
Anyway, what would happen if I intergrate Kamen Rider Kabuto's technologies into I.S?
Old 2013-08-04, 10:34   Link #45039
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well hydrogen is ubiquitous. Even in space the sun is burning hydrogen. Jupiter has tons of hydrogen ions. We are practically never without hydrogen just not in huge amounts. Talking about nuclear physics though you probably don't need more than 10 atoms.

In terms of Kabuto... I tried and I was told Clock-up is too OP *sad face*
Old 2013-08-04, 10:44   Link #45040
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

I am not too sure about your statement about running an I.S. is costly.

Running an I.S is actually not very costly (financial-wise, don't forget: IS can self-repair) but the development of an IS(the frame) is expensive especially third generation because technology is developing.... and they haven't found an effective way of making third-gen weapon yet.

-

Endurance-wise, the machine did enhance their physical attribute which means that even with a machine that rival IS, in a battle of attrition of pilot versus pilot's stamina..... IS pilot will actually win thanks to the enhanced physical ability.

Machine-wise....If you check the anime, the flight time for IS is actually infinite which means that technically IS has infinite operation time (probably the reason why it is called Infinite Stratos) but the problem is:

IS is being used to fight each other.....

High powered shield is being used to defend against High power weapon....

So in term of Energy cost..... yeah, IS is power-hungry.

edit:

Quote:
In terms of Kabuto... I tried and I was told Clock-up is too OP *sad face*
Not if you take into consideration that Conventional weapons are useless again IS....

Then it is the other way round.

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest