AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-10-12, 07:10   Link #46781
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
No idea, I only read the thread sporadically nowadays.

Also, I have very little hopess for the new fans as old fans have been nothing but deprived otaku that think of nothing but their new Waifus if old fan response in ffnet is anything to go by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Good thing I preemptively strike my fandom

"You want harem? You're not getting it, have some incest instead"
Even more for me: Harem? Who need that when you have your sisters and childhood friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
And another thing - for some 'group participation', why don't we have weekly/bi-weekly ficclet challenges - just for our benefit. This way, those who really want to write, but can't really find inspiration on their own, or are too lazy to keep to one topic for long (raises hand) can keep honing their skills. Almost like an IS Fanfiction Workshop...

In truth, it will be no different from what I, Zero, Blitz, and Miner already do - writing out small sketches/scenes - but for this, it will be more 'organized'. This is NOT for those who want to work on making an epic out of a certain topic, these are to function like plastic plates, use it and then throw it away, or at least let it go. These are primarily to function as one-shots so don't plan on linking all of these shorts together. You can if you want to but this is for helping build spontaneous creativity over a variety of subjects/circumstances. Think of it like Tatenashi-style IS training, if it will help. You can focus just on one character unless otherwise stated by the criteria for the next fic challenge. Some of the criteria will be better suited to one character rather than others so don't force it too much. As an example: from what we've seen and know of her, Tatenashi does NOT have self-esteem issues so doing an emo piece about her measuring up to Orimura-sensei is a 'no-go'. She is already well aware of her own strengths and is not trying to become Orimura-sensei in the slightest.

And for those who want a lil more recognition , we can vote on the best ficclets of the week(s) and post them to FF.NET on one of our existing accounts or we can make an account for the group. 'Story by: AS Brigade' or something...

Again, this is mostly geared towards 'practice'. 'Practice makes perfect' right? Be open to critique - silly or serious. I'll be using TvTropes as an alternate source for examples of literary devices to use (or not to use) to help increase the quality of everyone's writing.
Quote:
Character(s): [This is self-explanatory. Once in a while, we'll limit it to one or two characters but for the most part it will say 'Any' for any and all characters you wish to write about. While we do have our preferences, this is also to help force us to portray the other characters, or more specifically, get used to portraying other voices other than our favorite. It's nice to spend time on the MC but if the foil and/or antagonist is 1 Dimensional, so to will your MC.]

Theme/Genre: [This may or may not stay, depending on feedback. Like FF.NET, this is more to denote if it is a happy or dark theme. The theme could probably be inferred from the keyword or phrase so, depending on you guys, this will stay or get axed.]

Keyword/Phrase: [Probably the most important part. This gives the focus and general direction of the fic. This is how *you* interpret the word/phrase given and write about it. We'll try to keep it away from things like a catch phrase that a certain character is known for unless otherwise stated. The words can be specific or ambiguous: take 'book' and 'IS Manual for Advanced Aerial Manuvers' for example. Be warned, the more specific you are on this, chances are the more silly I'll be in my writing of it. ]

Length: [This will usually be marked as 'Any' but we'll try to keep it between 50 - 1,000 words. Again, we're going for quality, not quantity. With that in mind, we'll work on descriptive narratives alot too. We are writing so that someone else can envision the scene as we see it in our heads.]

~*~

So that's my criteria list - if you got something to add or take away, by all means.
Quote:
Character(s): Any

Theme: Halloween

Keyword: Trick or Treat

Length: Under 500 words.

Comments: After Monday, this trial challenge is complete. Get your feet wet and remember, you can do no wrong - be creative! Annnd GOO!
And that is basically of it!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 07:23   Link #46782
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
@ Stratos
Just in case you misunderstand I was being sarcastic.

Note that most gears of War fans are utterly pissed at that part of the comic and novel, it's unnecessary, petty and misogynistic.

I'm not even a fan and I'm utterly baffled, and that also what I feel about Jak's concept.
Nah, its cool. I just wanted to chip in about the sex superiority thing as well. not you specifically. ^^
Old 2013-10-12, 07:42   Link #46783
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ok, I need to know who is hotter: Cecilia in Cinderella clothes, or Charlotte in Sleeping Princess gown?
Old 2013-10-12, 08:07   Link #46784
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Obviously Cecilia

Not to mention the contrast against her actual personality
Old 2013-10-12, 08:19   Link #46785
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Thanks! Thinking about making a full burst Cosplay festival. But which clothes should I get for Rin?...

Oh well, Laura got Harman's Zeon attire, Charlotte uses the main character clothes from Rose of Versailes, Tate has Rias dress, Houki and Cecila clad in Nanoha's and Fate's, Kanzashiki covered in Plug Suit.
Old 2013-10-12, 08:20   Link #46786
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Kanzashiki covered in Plug Suit.
Does not compute
Old 2013-10-12, 08:20   Link #46787
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

@Fire
Cecilia. Because drills.

----

Switched out Lingyin for OC security trooper for the duel. Inami still loses but since its against someone who's known to simultaneously take down three Cadets with the Raphael... heh. And it's also for plot point sake.
Old 2013-10-12, 08:42   Link #46788
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Remember that Kanzashiki is an Otaku? And what is more prolific than a classic Plug Suit that is both revealing and hidden?

Perfect for her taste if it's Rei colour.

"IS ACADEMY THERAPIST OFFICE - NOW OPEN FOR FREE!

- Doctor... I've this problem with a male friend of mine... He is just too dense to realize my feeling! What should I do?

- First, tell me more about him.

- Well... He is my childhood friend since we were 7. He trained Kendo under my father, but then we got seperated...

- It's enough for now! - The doctor revealed her face, the carbon copy of Chifuyu. A murderous glimse flashed through Madoka's eyes, complete with a sadistic smile. But they vanished as fast as they appeared.

- Now, this is exactly what you need to do...

"
The best way to get rid of competitors for your brother's heart.
Old 2013-10-12, 08:44   Link #46789
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Kanzashi is damn shy

Putting her in a plugsuit out of personal choice and taste is completely OOC

Also: Kanzashi prefer mainstream thing, such as.... Infinite Knight
Old 2013-10-12, 08:52   Link #46790
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Have I said that she VOLUNTEERED for that?

Yes, yes... Behind every successful woman is her devilious sister.
Old 2013-10-12, 08:55   Link #46791
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Never mind, move on
Old 2013-10-12, 08:56   Link #46792
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

I actually think Kanzashi's more aggressive on the inside.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 09:14   Link #46793
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, just like a wise man has said: "The Shy girl will be one snatch him from your nose".

Beside, the idea of a sharing agreement between her and Tate about Ichika is kind of hot, you know.

Question: What would Madoka do to her brother when she caught his "intimate" moment with Tate? And I mean really close! Closer than Sausage in a Hotdog!
Old 2013-10-12, 09:25   Link #46794
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The question is which madoka you're talking about

ST Madoka likely to be pissed and get out

Quest Madoka.... likely jump in for the threesome yay (not serious)

Canon Madoka will try to kill them regardless

And Mirror Madoka.... well...
Old 2013-10-12, 09:29   Link #46795
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Is crossover allowed?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 09:33   Link #46796
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

How about join in, and then kill Tate and yandereness Ichika?

But what about Mirror?

And he said that "any", so... Let me guess, Cosmic?
Old 2013-10-12, 09:38   Link #46797
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:

" have some incest instead"
Hell, I`m neutral on that thing thanks to my reading some manga that contain it.

In real life, it`s frowned but in other world(anime), let`s go cra~zy!
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 09:39   Link #46798
Eratas123

Kanzashi's one of the nicer girls in the series, next to Honne and Ran (As long as you're not named Dan, then prepare for bratty little sis).
Old 2013-10-12, 09:45   Link #46799
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Aye. They'll lynch me for it but t'd be so worth the rage.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 09:53   Link #46800
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just do it, will you! I wouldn't mind seeing Gentarou dressing as Amazon or Shin.

Maybe even better - let's make the spirit of all Kamen Rider appears to perform...

ALL RIDER FINAL HYPER MAXIMUM LIMIT CHARGING SPLENDID KICKKK!!!

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest