AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-06, 08:58   Link #48161
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't hate him anymore so much as pity him. Izuru messed him up and I can't fault the character for being that way as much as I can blame a kid for being sired ugly by his geneticist dad.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 08:58   Link #48162
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And we went with Kamen Rider again...

I know there's no rule that forbid crossover but can we, say, use this fresh concept and run with original verse?

Of course, Demi is one to decide.
Old 2013-11-06, 08:58   Link #48163
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, North Korea defense is thin because:

- Their Land-to-Air is nothing to be scoffed at. In fact, their cannons is way overnumbered South Korea.

- They still use Mig-21 and Su-24.

... It's quite similar to Ichika: Too much this and too less that.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 09:02   Link #48164
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I prefer to keep it original verse. But again, the issue of his dead to the world interactions. I'm not sure if the flashbacks will help much but if I run with the girls trying to approach him, I might be making him stu or something.
Old 2013-11-06, 09:03   Link #48165
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Keep it mostly flashback.

so the reader can see how B happened, because A happened in the past with all them tears and blood.

And not every attempt has to be success, for example, Ichika is learning something but give up after finding his love is unrequited.
Old 2013-11-06, 09:10   Link #48166
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And the forever question: Stu or Stew?

Sorry, I prefer Pho above all Beef dishes! And that is also my rules: Is that the simplest thing that sparked the greatest!

... Did I just made a connection between food and writing?
Old 2013-11-06, 09:19   Link #48167
Zero-2
Type Speed

Very funny Fireminer. Very funny.

Anyway, I got this x-over idea way back in 2011. It's IS/Gundam Wing.

What if the 5 scientists who were supposed to die aboard Peacemillion were instead transported into the world of IS? Just imagine them battling Tabane. Which of them is crazier? And how about the fate of the world?

PS: I'm re-reading the novel right now to refresh my mind. It's been months since I last saw them.
Old 2013-11-06, 09:24   Link #48168
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then help me decide on the back story a bit

Houki - Ichika liked her in elementary. But she only liked strong guys. So one day he went to his sister and asked her to teach him how to fight. She brought him to her kendo school which was coincidentally Houki's school as well. Though they spent a lot of time together, Houki never really noticed Ichika. They would spar and Ichika would always lose. One day Ichika saw Houki crying as she ran away. from the school gym. The next day he heard rumors that the tomboy Shinonono had been rejected by the kendo team ace. Ichika found out that the boy had just been leading Houki on, prompting a well deserved clobbering. The day after Houki had apparently been moved away by the government already. Ichika was disciplined and he continued studying kendo and martial arts on his own.

Cecilia - the Alcott heiress was sent to various countries that held high economic power to prepare her for inheriting the family business. Cecilia was a transfer student to Ichika's elementary school for a year. He was her school guide and she always treated him like a servant. Ichika was smitten by her beauty because it was the first time he'd seen a foreigner. He was torn between his first love and Cecilia because his heart had been broken not a year ago. He decided to take up etiquette and domestic services to make her at least treat him better. She never did, even until the last day of her stay when they parted. She had been mean, but her farewell to him had been oddly pleasant saying, "If I were to choose the staff of my house, you'd be the only male I would care to call my servant.". When she left on the plane, Ichika realized that he treasured those moments when she smiled at his improving services. He stuck to working on his cooking and cleaning as a habit.

Rin - Long story short, they met in middle school when Rin transferred in to Japan. Ichika was best friends with Dan. and Ichika had a crush on Rin. But it turns out Rin had a crush on Dan. She had a thing for guys who dressed well and had trendy activities like playing an instrument. Ichika took those up to get her to notice him but she only had eyes for Dan. One day Rin got into a fight with Dan's younger sister Ran. The two had always been at odds, but it was the first time the two had come to blows. Both pleaded their case with Dan, but Dan sided with Ran. Rin ran away from the Gotanda house crying. Ichika had been with her the whole time. Rin confessed to Ichika that she was going to tell Dan she loved him. And she also confessed that she had to go back to China the day after due to family reasons. Ichika wanted to make a confession of his own, but seeing Rin so broken tightened up his throat. He never confessed and Rin went back to China. Ichika had been working part time as a bandmate for hire and grooming himself properly ever since.

Charlotte and Laura are the only ones he meets for the first time due to circumstances in their roles.
Old 2013-11-06, 09:30   Link #48169
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Now, if you adding family problem to it. Basically, a lot of woman tend to choose their husband that has similarity to their father, right? It's right with Houki, but with Cecilia and Rin, it's the opposite - their "dream" fathers.
Old 2013-11-06, 09:35   Link #48170
Zero-2
Type Speed

@demino
That's already a solid backstory, IMO.

What will be the main setting? High school?

I think it'll be good if the girls returns and coincidentally enrolled in the same school as Ichika. Then all of them eventully realized their feelings for him and will try to open his heart again. But it'll be a challenge because Ichika is now suffering from a multiple personality disorder.
Old 2013-11-06, 09:41   Link #48171
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

The question: Whether Ice King Orimura will let his heart melt?

This call for a MULTI-ENDING!
Old 2013-11-06, 09:56   Link #48172
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Let's decide on the backstory first shall we?

I wanted to put in Charlotte as a street urchin Ichika met but the timeline would place their meeting too close to Ichika's placing in ISA. They would recognize each other immediately, especially since it's a cherished/scarring memory. Maybe. The meeting would take place less than 2 years so I think Ichika would recognize Charlotte and she would be an epically fail spy.

Laura... Chifuyu wouldn't even let any girl within 2 meters of Ichika considering she had to see his heart break so many times.
Old 2013-11-06, 10:04   Link #48173
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

What about Tate and Kanza? Tate could be met with Cecilia on a formal meeting, while Ichika saw Kanza on Akihabara.

Or, Charlotte got lost but Ichika led her to the mother - a good situation that could be use for the future.

Also, you would need a trigger character.
Old 2013-11-06, 10:15   Link #48174
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not sure if I need any triggering going on

Tate and Kanzashi seem to be raised at home. I don't think they were let out much as both seem to be specially trained to take over the family business

Also, the idea is that Ichika is supposed to learn some new skill set from his encounter with each girl. Houki gave him fighting, Cecilia gave him cooking papa class, and Rin gave him trendiness. What else is missing?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-11-06 at 10:38.
Old 2013-11-06, 13:05   Link #48175
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'm not sure if I need any triggering going on

Tate and Kanzashi seem to be raised at home. I don't think they were let out much as both seem to be specially trained to take over the family business

Also, the idea is that Ichika is supposed to learn some new skill set from his encounter with each girl. Houki gave him fighting, Cecilia gave him cooking papa class, and Rin gave him trendiness. What else is missing?
Charlotte taught him how to cross dress and Kanzanshi taught him about Anime?

Edit:
Backtracking....

Had been reading that link about how to create a character.... and wow.... the Inheritance Cycle hit all the points, no wonder people bash it so much.

About Cardboard cut-out characters
When it come to OC, I think it is because people are afraid of making the said character....well.... like a loser. (It is the self-fulfillment thing).

Being bad-ass is fun and stuff but by the end of the day, your character is still humans.

Nobody is perfect and everybody make mistake (not always something that can cause great angst), have petty emotion (like getting angry over minor things......) and selfish action (tried to cover the aforementioned mistake by faking ignorance).

===

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-11-06 at 13:48.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 17:07   Link #48176
demino_hellsin
That one guy

They aren't supposedto teach him. More he learns skills to impress them.
Old 2013-11-06, 17:41   Link #48177
Eratas123

Meistah - He does borrow Laura's eyepatch at one point as a paper-thin disguise. Karon thinks he looks silly
Old 2013-11-06, 17:47   Link #48178
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Laura make him learn about weapon and warfare, Charlotte is about fatherhood, Tate got the Art of Humour, and Kanza is Anime and how to be a hero in shining armor.
Old 2013-11-07, 00:50   Link #48179
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, have been thinking about the important of Repeative Detail. Basically Detail that keep appearing in the plot, each time represent a new meaning, or milestone for character development.

Have anyone try that?
Old 2013-11-07, 01:36   Link #48180
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Attack On Infinite Stratos

"I'm so sorry, Ikkun...!! Believe me, I am!"

"Tabane-nee! Wh-what are you doing with that!?"

"This will scramble your memories of me a bit and also give you the power you need to survive in this world!"

"N-no! Tabane-nee, don't do it! I'm scared!"

"Deal with it! I just lost important people! I'm not losing you, Chi-chan and Mado-cchi!! Hate me if you want, but you'll live on and that's what I want more than anything!" She plunged the syringe deep into his left shoulder, tears rolling down her face as he screamed in pain as the solution was injected into his body. "Please remember what I said, Ikkun. Live on and return to our home. You'll find all the answers you need back in my lab. Remember..."

~*~

"...ka...chika...Ichika...!"

The young man woke up in a cold sweat despite the warmth of the night and the two young women on either side of his body.

"Ichika, are you alright?"

"Y-yeah..." He took deep breaths, trying to get his breathing under control. Even with the darkness of night, he could tell that the two sisters were looking at him with their piercing gazes. "I'll ... be fine."

Chifuyu, the eldest amongst them, put her forehead to his. "No fever... Did you have a nightmare?" She was so perceptive like that - whenever something was bothering him, Chifuyu-nee could tell almost immediately, and woe to the person that bothered her precious little brother.

Almost immediately, he felt small hands squeeze his reassuringly and he glanced over at Madoka, Chifuyu's twin sister. "It will be alright, Ichii," she whispered, laying her head against his shoulder. "We're here with you still."

"Yeah, I know," he squeezed her hand back. "With the two of you, I feel as if I can do anything."

"You can do anything," Chifuyu told him. "But first, we need to survive."

"Yeah," he growled remembering the event just two days ago... Two days ago, his life and the lives of the 250,000 people living in the outer lock were shattered. Two days ago, they breached the walls... Two days ago, his family aside for his two foster sisters, were murdered by the rampaging Drones.

Two days ago... the Titans had breached the walls.

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest